Bahia Mar Hotel

Quinn

Hi everyone - I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel recently - My husband and I are coming in for (1) night in Ft. Lauderdale prior to our Emerald cruise in January. We usually stay at Hyatt Pier 66 but the prices have gone way up - Any recent info. would be appreciated.....Thanks.....

Hi everyone - I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel recently - My husband and I are coming in for (1) night in Ft. Lauderdale prior to our Emerald cruise in January. We usually stay at Hyatt Pier 66 but the prices have gone way up - Any recent info. would be appreciated.....Thanks.....

What you need to do is go the North Amereican Homeports section of this site and scroll to East Coast Departures. there is all sorts of info on Ft. lauderdale there.

Marilyn

I always use it for an intial view of hotel standard.

We have stayed at the Bahia Mar several times. The most recent was a pre & post-cruise stay in March of this year.

It is a very nice hotel and a 3 star rating is about right on. It has a great pool and has a private bridge over the road to the beach. The rooms are good, not great, but if you are fortunate enough to get the tower, the ocean view is fantastic. They have small balconies, just big enough to stand on, not sit.

There is a water taxi stop real close by.

It comes up frequently on priceline and hotwire as a 3 star.

We stayed at the Bahai Mar this May (07) for three nights and were pleasantly surprised! The year before we had the Hyatt Pier 66 (really loved it, I think about $135 or so) and the year before that, the Renaissance (near the pier, not Plantation, and we loved that too.) I think we paid only $55./night. We learned through Cruise Critic that the Tower was the place to be at the Bahai Mar so when we checked in, I asked about the Tower. He replied, "no rooms were available." I sighed and said "ah..." Magically we were given a balcony room on the 10th floor overlooking the ocean (all for the Priceline price of $125./night)--fabulous! There was a huge Florida state bridge tournament on and the hotel was packed. We loved the liveliness and close proximity to the ocean. We never used the deli but stocked up our fridge with breakfast stuff and cocktail items. As we usually stay about 3 days pre-cruise to shop until we drop. Our only "must haves" are proximity to the pier and the Total Wine & More store on Cordova Road! We'd stay there again if the price is right!

We liked the Bahia Mar. It has a good location if you're wanting to see FLL beach, go to the mall, take the water taxi. I guess we lucked out. We got a tower room on the top floor and spent part of the night watching all the ships sail out of port (we were there post cruise). We must have gotten a deal, paid $85 on priceline.

Archived