Does Princess charge for Cappuccino at Dinner

franncos

We bought the coffee card. It was convenient and we wound up using the entire card in 6 days between the 2 of us. And even if we hadn't used it all up, we could take it on our next cruise with Princess and it would still be good.

I bought the coffee card on the Sun in July so I could have my after-dinner Lattes in the dinning room as well as those all-important wake-up lattes in the morning. Well, they never failed to punch my coffee card in the morning at the Patisierre bar, but more than half of the time, I would give them my coffee card at dinner and they would bring me my latte, but fail to punch the card. Oh, well! I have punches left over for November! :D

Let's not give away too many secrets or they'll begin "cracking down" and we won't be able to get away with anything! Glad they didn't punch your card..some folks feel that they shouldn't be charging for it to begin with.

I have a different take on this. It has not been that long ago, that not many Americans drank cappuccino ,espresso or latte. Just listen to the coffee threads. But as we all know, now almost everybody in the country does.

It no longer was cost effective for them, so they started to charge. I think the charge is quite reasonable, considering what Starbuck's and other coffee places charge.

I was on RC recently and they charge. I know Carnival does not. Does Princess? I am only talking about dinner not at the coffee bars. Thanks

When you order a "Specialty Coffee" in the Dining Room, your Waiter goes to the nearest BAR to obtain it. Therefore, it is a Bar Drink. ;)

I think they are very good and the Coffee Card is a value.

OK, I can't disagree with that, but are they at least good?

As a terrible coffee snob from the Northwest, I found the lattes to be VERY good. I was a little worried, based on my experience with what they call coffee on Princess, but not to worry....Very, very good. They obviously keep their machine clean and well maintained. Any latte addict can tell you if a barista is using a clean machine after one sip. :rolleyes:

From the comments above, I guess this has changed. So....you can now keep your card and use it on a future cruise?

I had read on the boards before I bought mine in July that you could use any leftover punches on another cruise....there is nothing on the card to indicate when or where I bought it so I plan to take it with me in November and use the extra punches.

How much does the coffee card cost and what does it cover?

I believe it was around $28 (including the tip) and is supposed to cover unlimited brewed coffee at the bars (I was not able to get that on the Sun--they believed that I had to use a punch for it--I didn't bother to argue with them, just didn't use it for brewed coffee.) as well as 15 specialty coffees, as in espressos, americanos, cappucinos, lattes, mochas. I did use it once to buy my daughter a hot cocoa. With the prices of most of those drinks being 2 to 2.50 each, it is a GREAT deal. And easier to deal with than having to sign papers all the time.

Is it just one punch for a latte, or do they punch more than one punch depending on the cost of the coffee drink ordered?

so if you get a card with 15 punches...is it good for 15 lattes?

One punch per drink, regardless of size (I believe they have two sizes, the large is the size of a Starbucks Grande and comes in a similar type cup w/lid).

I second everyone else's comments about this being a great deal, and SO much easier than waiting for them to ring up a drink on the register, print out the ticket, put it in one of those folders, and then having to sign it and keep track of yet one more bar receipt. All that rigamarole is also why I wish they had cocktail cards, too!

Yes you can order any specialty coffees with the card. There are 15 specialty coffees and unlimited brewed coffee per card. Most things take one punch, but if you order something like a double expresso, they will punch it twice.

Archived