Another Bowling Ball Lined up for Yucatan Alley

rolloman

Looks like Felix is on the way to the Yucatan strip and projected to be yet another major (cat 3 or above) system. Just like

Janet cat 5 in 55

Gilbert cat 5 in 88

Roxanne cat 3 in 95

Iris 2001 cat 4

Wilma 2005 cat 5

Dean cat 5 2007.

Do the world a favor and rebuild the cruise only port named Costa Maya somewhere safer and not in Hurricane Alley.

I have owned a couple of timeshares in Cancun, which we travel to at the end of October and beginning of November, and the only 2 years that I have not been able to use them were the years of Gilbert and Wilma. Wilma did the worst damage, yet our units were back up and running within two weeks. However, most of the rest of the town took much longer, some hotels took over a year to rebuild.

Last year we were invited to spend the day on the Freedom of the Seas in Cozumel. The international dock there was only partly repaired. The Freedom could use it, but it was not totally rebuilt......one year after Wilma.

Rollo...........where else would you suggest another cruiseship stop be built?

I have owned a couple of timeshares in Cancun, which we travel to at the end of October and beginning of November, and the only 2 years that I have not been able to use them were the years of Gilbert and Wilma. Wilma did the worst damage, yet our units were back up and running within two weeks. However, most of the rest of the town took much longer, some hotels took over a year to rebuild.

Last year we were invited to spend the day on the Freedom of the Seas in Cozumel. The international dock there was only partly repaired. The Freedom could use it, but it was not totally rebuilt......one year after Wilma.

Rollo...........where else would you suggest another cruiseship stop be built?

Well that is the million dollar question. I think there are several existing ports that are under utilized. I liked Costa Maya but it is in a bad area statistically for major storms. Maybe the global warming deal is worse than we thought. It is amazing a storm like Felix was a depression yesterday and a class 5 almost immediately. Scary stuff and the path these things are taking are repeating over and over. A couple people in this room laughed in my face a couple weeks ago when I mentioned these statistics, maybe they should wise up and pay attention.

A couple people in this room laughed in my face a couple weeks ago when I mentioned these statistics, maybe they should wise up and pay attention.

You must be really disappointed, rolloman, that Felix hit Nicaragua, instead of hitting the Yucantan peninsula and helping your crusade againt rebuilding Costa Maya.

:rolleyes:

But on the bright side, now you can rail against the port of Roatan . . .

Archived