When will I know where our new port of call will be for sure?

DBXX

We arent sailing till 4/19/08 on Carnival Fantasy, I know as of right now they are being re routed to Progresso. Any idea if it will stay Progresso as the new port of call until CM is back up and running or could this change? If so how soon do you guys think I will know for sure what my new port of call will be since I am not sailing for another 8 mths??

Also why are they re routing to Progresso anyway since it is not as touristy as CM? Why not another touristy place like Cancun or something like that? Does anyone know why Progresso instead of other places?

Thanks,

Danielle

We arent sailing till 4/19/08 on Carnival Fantasy, I know as of right now they are being re routed to Progresso. Any idea if it will stay Progresso as the new port of call until CM is back up and running or could this change? If so how soon do you guys think I will know for sure what my new port of call will be since I am not sailing for another 8 mths??

Also why are they re routing to Progresso anyway since it is not as touristy as CM? Why not another touristy place like Cancun or something like that? Does anyone know why Progresso instead of other places?

Thanks,

Danielle

I'm sailing 2 months before you on the Valor and don't have a clue about re-routing. I don't think Carnival has a clue at this point, either. There was some talk of having Costa Maya up and running for tenders by December (I doubt it). If they re-route, they have to find a port that's not already booked with other ships - for example, if Cozumel and Playa del Carmen have too many ships in port, they'll look to ports like Progresso. (Personally, I wouldn't mind Progresso - I'd book the tour to Chichen Itza in a heartbeat!) They also have to find ports that work with the rest of the cruise's itinerary. I'd give them at least another month so they can assess the situation (not to mention getting through the rest of hurricane season).

Thanks,

Danielle

I think you need to give the cruislines some time and the weather to settle down. Your cruise is quite a way off and there could be all kinds of itinerary changes. If they told you today where they would be in April, heck, that could change too !

Please be patient as they must wait to see how the damaged ports of call status is after repairs have begun before they will be certain when and where itineraries this far out as yours will actually be..

Danielle..........

We're going to Playa Del carmen instead of CM this coming Nov(RCCL Jewel).................

I think alot can happen between now and April when you go.........they have to figure out all the earlier cruises first..

Parrot are yall on a 5 day cruise as well? I heard everyone was going to Progresso now :rolleyes: Playa sounds good to me ;) Hope you guys have a great time. Yea I know they have to figure out for the current cruises I am just getting ahead of myself and usual :confused: I just have done so much research on CM now I want to start on my new port of call as soon as they know. I guess I should wait a few months at least then see.

Talk to ya soon,

Danielle

No, RCCL Jewel is 6 nights............I know what you mean about research......Im starting at square one now..........

Maybe Carnival is going to Progresso and RCCL is going to PDC??.......Wgo knows??:confused:

We're on the NCL Sun and will be in Costa Maya on 24 Oct. ....at least NCL has not made a decision yet...

I seriously doubt you will go to CM.......Like I said, our Nov itinerary was changed,,,,,,,,,no way,will CM be ready in Oct..........

Danielle..........

We're going to Playa Del carmen instead of CM this coming Nov(RCCL Jewel).................

I think alot can happen between now and April when you go.........they have to figure out all the earlier cruises first..

parrothead8:

how lucky for you that you know you are going to Playa Del Carmen in November! We're on the Carnival Victory in Nov. and we have no idea where we will be re-routed! :( We probably won't find out until the week before knowing Carnival!

We are on the Jan 27th Voyager OTS and still have not had word from RCI regarding our stop in Costa Maya.

This is a 7 nighter and had 4 ports.....have heard rumors we will not get another port in place of Costa Maya but rather a sea dea :(

Still have Cozumel, Roatan and Progresso but was hoping for Belize or Playa del Carmen..... guess we will have to wait to hear from RCI....

anyway... until you are notified by your cruiseline.... I would not "guess" at this.

We are on the Jan 27th Voyager OTS and still have not had word from RCI regarding our stop in Costa Maya.

This is a 7 nighter and had 4 ports.....have heard rumors we will not get another port in place of Costa Maya but rather a sea dea :(

Still have Cozumel, Roatan and Progresso but was hoping for Belize or Playa del Carmen..... guess we will have to wait to hear from RCI....

anyway... until you are notified by your cruiseline.... I would not "guess" at this.

We are on the Jan. 13th sailing of Voyager (same itinerary as yours). I called RC and they said that, beginning with the Jan. 13 sailing, there will be a little extra time in Roatan and some extra time in Progreso, but no port subsituted for Costa Maya. Instead, that day will be "at sea."

After reading the New Headlines here on CC I am even more confused than I have been.

The real questions is on the following comment:

"Also, 100 workers are already in place as part of a beach and street cleanup project funded and organized by Fonatur. This project is to be completed by September 21. The agency has allocated 3 million Mexican pesos (about $270,000) for this cleanup project."

Why the September 21st timeline? Are they planning on moving Tenders into CM? Why would they clean up the beach and streets if there is structural construction to do?

Like everyone else we have not heard any "official" word about about a replacement port. I realize that the weather can change any plans there are and that is enough reason to delay announcements. Think about it, with September 10th being "Peak Day", even Home Ports can be affected in the next 3 months.

Now all they(RCCL) need to do is add their shore excursions for Playa Del Carmen...

Playa is not a replacement for Costa Maya on our cruise....instead, we are getting a "day at sea" between Roatan and Progreso. That's OK....at least we are at sea.....

NCL has still not made any official announcements....and just today it was announced that some of the big resorts plan to re open on 1 Oct... All they need is to bring in some floating docks and we can tender in! ;) I hope that's what NCL is counting on...Cross our fingers

See ya on the Beach!

Archived