Number of staff on the Sun?

fishart

Hi Folks,

Hubby and I were having a discussion last night about the size of the Pacific Sun and passenger numbers etc...

We were unable to find any information about how many staff there are v's the 1900 passengers - Ie: is there like one staff member for each lets say, 5 or 10 passengers....

For curiosity sake -Does anyone know of the staff count?

Cheers! Iesha

Hi Iesha,

I did a search in google and found a website that states there are 670 crew onboard the Pacific Sun.

Cheers,

Sarah

Hi Sarah, Thanks for that - I spent ages on the Net last night trying to get that info and coudn't find anything... We were trying to ascertain if we would be assigned to a certain crew member/s and was wondering how many other people that same crew member would have to look after...

So, at a guess then - lets say there are 100 crew and then 570 service staff - that would equate to approx 1 x staff per 3 passenger..

What you think?

Hi Sarah, Thanks for that - I spent ages on the Net last night trying to get that info and coudn't find anything... We were trying to ascertain if we would be assigned to a certain crew member/s and was wondering how many other people that same crew member would have to look after...

So, at a guess then - lets say there are 100 crew and then 570 service staff - that would equate to approx 1 x staff per 3 passenger..

What you think?

Hi Fishart,

P&O's site also confirms the 670 crew.

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/fleet-list.cfm

I have no idea of the break up of staff. Many of the service staff are also behind the scenes in the galley and laundry.

From a Pacific Sun DVD I have found the following stats - Pacific Sun has:

111 galley staff including 28 dishwashers

135 dining room staff

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Fishart,

P&O's site also confirms the 670 crew.

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/fleet-list.cfm

I have no idea of the break up of staff. Many of the service staff are also behind the scenes in the galley and laundry.

From a Pacific Sun DVD I have found the following stats - Pacific Sun has:

111 galley staff including 28 dishwashers

135 dining room staff

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Well, there you go, a great breakdown of staff..thank you...

I know it is only trivia however we like to sometimes take in whats happening in the background in order to appeciate what is involved in the making of a great holiday...

We were also trying to work out figures as to the % of salaries and expenses P&O has to pay in order to cover each trip... These cruises are really quite affordable when you factor in food, fuel, service, entertainment - I wonder what is the average capacity of passengers P&O secures for their cruises...

I'd be curious, like for example, if the Sun carries approx 1900 passengers, what is the average numbers/bookings they do get for one cruise...Would it be filled to capacity?

Cheers!

Iesha

I think the 1900 would be if each cabin had 3 or 4 passengers in it.

I know with Pacific Dawn coming down here ,she will have about 2000 passengers.At the moment ,as Regal Princess she only has 1500, but P&O are putting 3rd and 4th berths in a lot of the cabins to increase passenger numbers.

I'd be curious, like for example, if the Sun carries approx 1900 passengers, what is the average numbers/bookings they do get for one cruise...Would it be filled to capacity?

Cheers!

Iesha

I think it would be fair to say that on most cruises all cabins would be booked, but not all available berths would be occupied. Eg there would be 3 or 4 berth cabins with only 2 passengers in them, like our cabin next week, which is a 4 berth cabin, but only 2 of us occupying it.

Kym

I've sort of wondered the same thing. Like how many cabins each cabin steward is responsible for. It is pretty obvious in the dining rooms. But like it was stated, a lot of the crew you never see. They are in the "bowels" of the ship doing laundry, fixing things, running the engines, etc.

Our cruise last year was just before school holidays (arriving back the day before Good Friday). When we did the bridge tour there was a sign somewhere stating how many passengers were on board and it said there were 1896 and according to the brochure it holds 1900.

Karen

Archived