Just off the Sapphire Princess-8/25 sailing

sunshine426

Good Morning! Just off the Sapphire Princess and currently posting live from the Windsong Lodge in Seward Alaska. The weather was spectacular on this cruise. Glacier Bay and College Fjiord made the one way cruise so worth doing. Spent the day touring resurection bay and beyond yesterday in Seward and off to Anchorage today for a late flight. Will post my impressions of our cruise when I get back to Atlanta, but will check this sight again before I leave the Windsong if any one has any questions.

Good Morning! Just off the Sapphire Princess and currently posting live from the Windsong Lodge in Seward Alaska. The weather was spectacular on this cruise. Glacier Bay and College Fjiord made the one way cruise so worth doing. Spent the day touring resurection bay and beyond yesterday in Seward and off to Anchorage today for a late flight. Will post my impressions of our cruise when I get back to Atlanta, but will check this sight again before I leave the Windsong if any one has any questions.

Cool, thanks.

If you had a choice of a balcony cabin on the very front of the ship or the back of the ship (bow or stern).. which would be best for viewing the glaciers?

Thanks for the post.:)

Not to sound trite, but the front end of the ship does get there first.;) More importantly though you'd be closer to the Bridge, where the ship's Naturalist and the Captain will be spotting wildlife and navigating to the glaciers. So if you're closer to them, then you'll be more likely to observe what it is that they're announcing and talking about.

Ideally, on the glacier days, you'll be out of your cabin and on one of the upper decks so that you can move from one side of the ship to the other quickly and comforatbly to enjoy both sides as you need to.

On the Coral, we were able to access the forward deck areas on the Baja and Caribe decks that are located just below the Bridge. There were doors all the way at the forward end of the hallway that said 'crew only'. We went through those doors and there we were on the bow of the ship with an awesome view of everything, and we could look up and see the Bridge and the naturalist on her microphone just over our heads. In fact, at some times, she was relying on us to spot whales and otters and eagles.

If you had a choice of a balcony cabin on the very front of the ship or the back of the ship (bow or stern).. which would be best for viewing the glaciers?

Thanks for the post.:)

That is a fair question. We had a balcony on the starboard side, which did not make the difference we thought it might. We did spend most of our time on deck in the bow for Glacier Bay viewing, aft for College Fjiord. We are in pretty good shape, so the long standing in chilly weather was fine and well worth it for viewing. We traveled with my mom on this tour and wet deck, cold weather was a little more challenging, but she found great viewing from sky walker's lounge. I think the balcony choice is yours to make, but their are some great indoor viewing areas as well.

Hi Jamie, this cruise was great, but I still compare every trip to the Island Princess which is a very high standard. In Anchorage airport waiting a flight. Rich says hi and wants to go scuba diving again soon.:D

Hi Jamie, this cruise was great, but I still compare every trip to the Island Princess which is a very high standard. In Anchorage airport waiting a flight. Rich says hi and wants to go scuba diving again soon.:D

Sounds good to me!! I just got back from a business trip to Maui for a Franchise Conference. I went scuba diving at the Molokini Crater and thought about our wonderful dive trip in Kona!!

Hope you had a safe flight home. :)

Archived