Freedom running late this afternoon.

Hypo

Well yes, but dogs are better than xray for finding drugs. According to the article, the screening was conducted by TSA. I was surprised to learn that our luggage is being xrayed again as it leaves the ship. If there were items of an explosive or dangerous nature, they are being REMOVED from the ship. And then our luggage is scanned yet again when we get to the airport.

I don't have issues at all with safety, I was just curious about the reasoning. :) It doesn't seem like all that effort would be really productive.

it was determined the grenade, spotted inside a suitcase being screened, was really a toy -- a child's belt buckle shaped like a grenade.

Who in their right mind would buy a child a belt buckle with a grenade on it? :eek:

Reminds me of the time we were stopped in the airport because of a suspicious object in the side of my carry-on. Turned out that the "objects" were 3 small bottles of bubbles for blowing off a Disney ship. The security guy said that they looked like bombs.

I guess we should be thankful for the extra measures that security take. ;)

Thanks Ron, that is kind of what I was wondering. :) Not routine, but possibly screening for direct airport/airplane delivery. That would make more sense. The grenade belt buckle makes no sense. (especially if they were flying!) :D

Archived