Soda card purchase

double p

Never have I seen anywhere to purchase the soda cards online. My husband always gets one and as previously mentioned, there are places all over the ship to purchase them. Usually, the first day when we go to lunch, he walks up to the bar in the buffet and asks to buy one. (Mariner is one ship I am thinking of.)

The cards are sold in many venues, so get your card and enjoy your soda.

As soon as your board and walk onto the ship, there will be a big display of coke canisters and cards for you to buy. Just head straight there and buy one. You can get them everywhere from dining room (i got one from there once) to bars, and they have many tables to buy them from when you get on to the mall and by the windjammer.

I thought I read someones post saying to buy them once you are out to sea to avoid the tax? Is that true?

I think someone made that up. My husband buys one as soon as we go to lunch onboard and he hasn't ever paid a tax on the sticker/mug. What some might think of as a tax, is the 15% gratuity added. Enjoy.

I never could figure out why the soda package costs just a bit more for adults than for kids. It seems to me that kids would use it more, they are more likely to set their soda down and leave it. Then go get another, and another. Just wondering. I only got the package once, I just never got my money's worth.

Annieeee

Hope you don't mind another opinion about soda cards...

My DH usually purchases one for himself and I'm not quite sure he gets his money's worth during the week. I choose to drink cans of soda onboard rather than fountain, because in my opinion, the fountain sodas on the ship taste strange compared to fountain sodas I drink at home. I also only drink one per day so it wouldn't be worthwhile for me.

For what it's worth, if you haven't tried a fountain soda onboard, you may want to do so before spending the cash upfront.

what are my chances of getting canned soda with the card????:confused: I don;t care for the fountain soda.

Sometimes get a look when using the card in the past on Carnival, since the tip has already been paid when purchasing the card. Hope its better on RCI. I drink about 4 cans a day plus adult drinks at happy hour.:)

Archived