Of interest? Princess Captain Circle Numbers for Aussies

gooch47

Thankyou Geoff

As suggested I called the Captains Circle help desk and they were able to clarify what's happening.

Anyone booked on a Princess cruise that departs in the next month is currently getting priority and they will get on to everyone else as quickly as possible. Approximately within 2 months. So will just need to be patient.

nb They were also able to help with inputting the extra Sitmar and P & O cruises into the members profile which should appear in the next few days.:D

Regards

CRUISING ALONG:)

Anyone know why they dont also allow past carnival cruises to count?

If they were included, then everybody's Holland America, Seabourn, Cunard, Costa, AIDA, Ocean Village, Swan Hellenic & Windstar cruises would have to be thrown in. Imagine all of the Elites!!:eek: :p

I think because of the close relationship between the Princess & P&O brand, they decided to include P&O.

i thought carnival and p and o were the closest linked

Hi Karon,

Carnival has 2 parts to its business.

Carnival Corp contains Carnival, HAL, Seabourn, Costa, Cunard

Carnival PLC is listed seperately, and has seperate shareholdings. It was formed in 2003 from P&O Princess Ltd. P&O Princess LTD was made up of P&O, Princess and the already acquired Sitmar.

More reading at wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Corporation_&_plc

Cheers

Geoff

Linda,

New page on the Australian Princess site.

http://www.princess.com.au/html/captains-circle.cfm#sun-circle-benefits

Take a deep breath, scroll to the bottom of the page and exhale.

Feels better, doesn't it.

Cheers

Geoff

Ok, what am I doing wrong?? It's telling me that the page has expired and then directing me to the home page & for the life of me I can't find it.

By the way Geoff, did you enjoy the cruise?

Maxx

Ok, what am I doing wrong?? It's telling me that the page has expired and then directing me to the home page & for the life of me I can't find it.

By the way Geoff, did you enjoy the cruise?

Maxx

Maxx,

You are not doing anything wrong. The page was up for approx 1 week, then it disappeared. We assumed that it might be for updating, but it has been down too long for that.

Guess they changed their mind with some of the info (yet again :rolleyes: )

My cruise does not come up till 28th Dec

Cheers

Hi Maxx,

I've had the same problem accessing the Captain Circle page a couple of times too.

If you go back to the original post on this thread by Gooch 47 dated 5/09/07 10.08am and follow that link, then scroll down to Deb in Aussies post dated 05/09/07 9.48pm and follow that link it should bring you to the Captain Circle Home page.

I've just tried it and I can access my member profile and other information.

I hope this is what you are after.

Good Luck.

Regards

Hi Maxx,

I've had the same problem accessing the Captain Circle page a couple of times too.

If you go back to the original post on this thread by Gooch 47 dated 5/09/07 10.08am and follow that link, then scroll down to Deb in Aussies post dated 05/09/07 9.48pm and follow that link it should bring you to the Captain Circle Home page.

I've just tried it and I can access my member profile and other information.

I hope this is what you are after.

Good Luck.

Regards

The missing page was a Q&A type page which had extra details of what benefits would be available, including elite status on Australian cruises. The missing page had answered quite a few ambiguous issues that had not been answered anywhere else. Deb in Oz has also lamented this missing page on the other post.

Cheers

Geoff

Linda,

Not sure if you have seen from the similar post on the burnt bacon (Princess) board, but have now noticed the missing link about Captains Circle benefits is back. At the bottom of this page is -

"Will Captain's Circle benefits apply to Sun Princess & Dawn Princess when cruising from Australia?

Princess Captain’s Circle will operate on all Sun and Dawn Princess cruises from Australia."

I believe this is the news you have been wanting to see. the full page is at - http://www.princess.com.au/html/captains-circle.cfm

Cheers

I have just called Princess Captains Circle and they were so helpfull, tidied up my fumblings on the cruise history form and now have achieved Platinum!! Thanks guys, would not have done it without reading these posts. :D

I have just called Princess Captains Circle and they were so helpfull, tidied up my fumblings on the cruise history form and now have achieved Platinum!! Thanks guys, would not have done it without reading these posts. :D

Hey jinda, were you really on the Fairwind for 10 years?:D

Karen

Having just got of Regal Princess as you all know..we visited the circle hostess on board..we got up to Platinum, to qualify for that you have to have 55 days cruising with P&O, Sitmar or Princess, no other lines count.

With Platinum on Princess you get free internet, capts circle cocktail party, priority embarkation and disembarkation lounge on board.

Next step is Elite, 110 days cruising I think, in addition you get mini bar filled once, free laundry and priority tender embarkation (no tender ticket required.)

But don't get too excited, on RP 1000 of the 1500 pax were Gold, Platinum or Elite, thus the Capt circle cocktail parties were packed, we had to have 2. Won't worry next time, too much of a hassle.

And yes for the fisrt time we got our circle no.

Cheers:cool:

/QUOTE]

Having read the list of ships that qualify, do you suppose that a sailing from Southhampton to Melbourne in 1966 as a 10 pound pom would qualify - that was 5 weeks and would rack up the sailing days nicely:D

But don't get too excited, on RP 1000 of the 1500 pax were Gold, Platinum or Elite, thus the Capt circle cocktail parties were packed, we had to have 2. Won't worry next time, too much of a hassle.

Cheers:cool:

Exactly Les!! It was interesting walking down the hallway, looking at all the Platnium and Elite Captain Circle members!!:eek: We were one of the few that had the boring white background for our cabin name tags. (And yes I did keep it!!:D ) I wonder if they'll do this on the Dawn. I thought it was a nice touch.

/QUOTE]

Having read the list of ships that qualify, do you suppose that a sailing from Southhampton to Melbourne in 1966 as a 10 pound pom would qualify - that was 5 weeks and would rack up the sailing days nicely:D

Worth an ask if it was on P&O or Sitmar. Don't know if the fine print does not class them as a cruise, but can only ask. As someone said here recently, If you don't ask, the answer is no!

Good luck with your Captains Circle aspirations.

Cheers

Geoff

It was Sitmar's Fairsea. As soon as I get back from Tokyo (visiting brand new grandson) I'll give them a call - as you say 'you don't ask, you don't get'. I'll post back when I hear. - if the answer is positive, it may prompt others to give it a go. I'm not overly hopeful though.

Pepper23..send P&O a copy of your 'document of identity' which you got when migrating. It should have name of ship on it. They WILL credit you with 42 days on Sitmar for that. I know..I came out in 66 on Sitmars'Castel Felice' and Princess circle host on RP credited me with those days only last week.

Now you all know I am an ex pom..10 pound tourist. Who cares? I don't, Aussie through and through.

Time for a Big Ben Pie...cheers..Les:cool:

No worries re the info..Les is easing off a bit re the cruising and boards after our marathon 31 dayer on Regal Princess (soon to be Pacific Dawn).

So if you do not hear from me as much..I am still around sometimes.

Cheers and happy cruising, a cruised out Les...:cool:

Archived