What is your favorite island in the Caribbean?

OceanFantasys

I would have to say that I like quiet a few but the one that stands out in my mind the most is the Grand Caymen islands. We went to seven mile beach and oh how beautiful it was from the sugary sand beaches to the to the turquoise water. You could actually stand neck deep and see your body with colorful fish swimming all around you. The homes were mansions right on the beach.And wow , one of the biggest banking industries with just over 600 banks,and if ya go dont forget the rm cakes mmmm:D

What is your favorite island and what you like best about it?

I would have to say that I like quiet a few but the one that stands out in my mind the most is the Grand Caymen islands. We went to seven mile beach and oh how beautiful it was from the sugary sand beaches to the to the turquoise water. You could actually stand neck deep and see your body with colorful fish swimming all around you. The homes were mansions right on the beach.And wow , one of the biggest banking industries with just over 600 banks,and if ya go dont forget the rm cakes mmmm:D

What is your favorite island and what you like best about it?

Right now I'd have to say Aruba. We spent a week there at a resort back in 2004. It also helped that we had booked a Studio room and the resort bumped us up to their best two bedroom suite (2nd floor) with living room & dining room. The patio overlooking the beach. We went because of cheap US Airways flights available at the time and with no expectations. We were really surprised. We have been all over the world and we think some of the best food was actually in Aruba. The people were so nice too. Even though we have been there and liked it we don't care if we don't go back as there as so many other places to see. We are looking forward to Grand Cayman.

Also, so far our least favorite is St Thomas. We spent a week in PR and took the ferry. I'll admit we did not get that far and it was over 90 degrees. But what we saw were mostly t shirt & other tourist shops (OK that's what we all are). The Church & especially the Synagogue with dirt floor were very interesting. If we ever end up there again we will prob go to St John.

I really want to go to St Lucia, but have not seen any cruise line itinerary that stops there in a 7 day trip. The Carribean is someplace we like for a shorter vacation.

I agree with Jade that Aruba has a lot going for it including some wonderful dining.

It's hard to pick a favorite aqs we have spent a great deal of time in many of the islands and have a number of favs ..... not all for the same reason.

We had many fantastic vacations in San Juan long before we started crusing so that is on my list.

Aruba for great weather, nice people, beautiful beaches, higher standard of living than many islands, beautiful hotels, good food.

Barbados for beauty, great beaches, beautiful hotels and weather.

Curacao for its Dutch influence. Really nice people, good shopping, getting better and better food, weather except for when it is really windy as it can sometimes be in Curacao.

Great thread. Thanks for starting it, Ocean Fantasy.

Antigua for me - The combination of hundreds of beautiful beaches, beautiful rolling hills and countryside, rocky cliffs & mountains, incredible historic value and historic sights (Nelson's Dockyards, the central command for the British Navy in the Caribbean), and wonderful happy people.

Right now I'd have to say Aruba. We spent a week there at a resort back in 2004. It also helped that we had booked a Studio room and the resort bumped us up to their best two bedroom suite (2nd floor) with living room & dining room. The patio overlooking the beach. We went because of cheap US Airways flights available at the time and with no expectations. We were really surprised. We have been all over the world and we think some of the best food was actually in Aruba. The people were so nice too. Even though we have been there and liked it we don't care if we don't go back as there as so many other places to see. We are looking forward to Grand Cayman.

Also, so far our least favorite is St Thomas. We spent a week in PR and took the ferry. I'll admit we did not get that far and it was over 90 degrees. But what we saw were mostly t shirt & other tourist shops (OK that's what we all are). The Church & especially the Synagogue with dirt floor were very interesting. If we ever end up there again we will prob go to St John.

I really want to go to St Lucia, but have not seen any cruise line itinerary that stops there in a 7 day trip. The Carribean is someplace we like for a shorter vacation.

We also love Bermuda, but that was not the question.

I agree with Jade that Aruba has a lot going for it including some wonderful dining.

It's hard to pick a favorite aqs we have spent a great deal of time in many of the islands and have a number of favs ..... not all for the same reason.

We had many fantastic vacations in San Juan long before we started crusing so that is on my list.

Aruba for great weather, nice people, beautiful beaches, higher standard of living than many islands, beautiful hotels, good food.

Barbados for beauty, great beaches, beautiful hotels and weather.

Curacao for its Dutch influence. Really nice people, good shopping, getting better and better food, weather except for when it is really windy as it can sometimes be in Curacao.

Great thread. Thanks for starting it, Ocean Fantasy.

Would you believe we were in Aruba for New Years (I think 2005) and paid for the hotel's (Amsterdam Manor which we recommend) party, dinner & show around the pool. It rained and they were so embarrassed as it's not suppposed to rain there (we did not care, we had already eaten dinner and sat with a big umbrella they gave us) that they refunded everyone's dinner. We were really surprised when we saw this deduction on our bill. It really wasn't necessary as we had a very good meal. I recall it was an all you can eat buffet but with set tables with white linen (over $100). But, again this was just another example of how nice the people were. They also gave out the big umbrellas to keep and they were those nice large $20-$25 types.

We also flew to Curacao for the day to do the dolphin encounter. We liked it there as well.

Thanks for the links! That is actually a very nice itinerary on Carnival. Too bad its Carnival and not HAL. That is pretty good to have a Sun to Sun which includes St Lucia, Barbados, Dominica, and others (Antigua, St Thomas).

You're welcome. Let us know if you book. ;)

Archived