Newbie here..Barbados seems to be giving me a problem

legalsec

This is our first cruise and I have decided on all our shore excurisons except Barbados. I don't really know what a newbie should do. We are not athletic (56 and 61) but we do enjoy beaches, shopping and scenery. We dock in Barbados at 9 AM and depart at 4 PM. Could you please offer some suggestions as to what we should do for our first time on this island?

Thanks so much.

We negotiated a price with a taxi driver who took us on an island tour and then to a beach. We wanted a nice beach that wasn't too busy and with loungers and umbrellas. The taxi driver will collect you at an arranged time and take you back to the terminal, or drop you nearby where you can do shopping.

This is our first cruise and I have decided on all our shore excurisons except Barbados. I don't really know what a newbie should do. We are not athletic (56 and 61) but we do enjoy beaches, shopping and scenery. We dock in Barbados at 9 AM and depart at 4 PM. Could you please offer some suggestions as to what we should do for our first time on this island?

Thanks so much.

I would highly recommend visiting www.glorytours.org and give Sarah a shout with any questions. We absolutely loved our "Best of Barbados" tour and it's not alot of hiking, etc. but you get the best of land and sea on this tour along with lunch at a local spot.

While it is a short day in Barbados,why don't you do an island tour. I'm sure whatever cruise line your with has a great "round the island" tour that will hit all the main spots on the island. If it's not a tour you want, then head to one of our nice beaches. Rockley/Accra beach on the southcoast is my favorite, along with Paynes Bay on the westcoast. Shopping will depend on the day of the week you are here. Sunday's no, Saturday's limited hours.

enjoy.

Hello,

We went to Barbados last February on the Destiny. I planned all of our excursions on my own and saved a "ton o money". I booked a catamaran 5 star snorkel/swim with the turtles tour through "Heatwave". IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF OUR ENTIRE TRIP!!!! There were 13 in my group and they had another group of 5 people and that was it!!!! We saw the Carnival excursion boat pull up with at least 80 people on it. And ours was much cheaper!!! The food was awesome and the staff were over the top!!!! They picked you up at the gates of the port in a nice clean air conditioned van and were very professional. So if your looking for a nice relaxing day snorkeling and swimming with the turtles!!! (The turtles come right up to you...its amazing!! ) I would highly recommend this company. If you have any questions i would be happy to answer them!

#1 newbie's post is hard to top. You'll love Bermuda, regardless of what you end up doing.

My only advice: The first cab drivers you encounter at the terminal are all hoods. They are aggressive, they demand incredible high fares. Pay no attention to them but keep on walking. Maybe 100 yards away, outside the terminal gates, are the regular cabbies. They are a delight to deal with and will negotiate a fair price with you.

Since you are first-timers, also do the following: There is a Bermuda government tourism office inside the terminal. They have maps and are extremely helpful. Give them a couple of scenarios and ask how much you should pay for it. They'll tell you.

Bermuda is one of my favorites. I trust it will be yours, too.

#1 newbie's post is hard to top. You'll love Bermuda, regardless of what you end up doing.

My only advice: The first cab drivers you encounter at the terminal are all hoods. They are aggressive, they demand incredible high fares. Pay no attention to them but keep on walking. Maybe 100 yards away, outside the terminal gates, are the regular cabbies. They are a delight to deal with and will negotiate a fair price with you.

Since you are first-timers, also do the following: There is a Bermuda government tourism office inside the terminal. They have maps and are extremely helpful. Give them a couple of scenarios and ask how much you should pay for it. They'll tell you.

I got a good chuckle from this posting, so thank you!! :) You are in the Barbados Ports board :D

Thing is...I reckon he's genuinely describing Bermuda sorry Barbados location and conditions.

Go figure!

"Bermuda Barbados,Granada Grenada it all looks he same to me."

Geez how I enjoyed Geometry class in school.

Or was that Geography?

Archived