Can you get a table on your balcony

Don't know where they would get the table to put on there. The only ones we saw were on the pool deck and only two or three and I think they were bolted down. I have seen that some people bring a folding/camping type table with them but not sure if you are flying or not.

She has an aft balcony so has the room for a larger table. I have never seen a larger table available. BUT it does not hurt to ask your room steward. Maybe they could bring one down for you from the Windjammer outdoor area. I would not be upset though if they aren't allowed to do it.

OK so here is what we do....We take the glass table that is inside the cabin and move it out onto the balcony so we can eat breakfast out there from room service. This is with a standard balcony and it works out great...I have a pic of it somewhere, but need to change puters...So as I find it I will post it on this link. BESIDES that table is sooo in the way inside the cabin.

We are in 8670 so there should be room on the balcony. Unfortunately not a GS so no full-size table out there already. I like the idea of bringing a table out from the room! In the picture I see a coffee table is that what you are referring to or is there a dining table I don't see? Is the table perhaps higher than it looks and can be used as a dining table? We are in a D1.

Does room service by any chance roll one of those rolling tables with the leaves that lift so you can dine off of it? I seem to remember getting that on one of my cruises, maybe Celebrity. But they also had a higher table on the balcony as well as one in the room.

Skyking, I would love to see the picture!

Best,
Michelle

We are in an aft balcony and we are taking our own fold out table. We had read some posts about doing this went to a sports , camping store and bought one . Yes we are flying and will fit into a suitcase and it is big enough to hold a several plates and drinks.

Steve can you tell me what brand and where to buy this table. I have a corner AFT stateroom on the Adventure. We will be celebrating 20 years of marriage. Want to do some dining on our larger balcony. Also you said it will fit in your luggage. How much does it way?
Thanks!

then may I suggest you sail on Celebrity in a Concierge Class stateroom with a bottle of bubbly on ice greeting you. A table for 4 dressed just like the dining room table, with all meals served out there. That was the plus for them. And you don't have to be Elite as we were.

Then we sail as Diamonds on RCCL and we get a tiny table for 2 drinks. Not even coffee & danish fit. So the coffeetable went out there with the tiny table as the coffeetable inside. Even our Steward could not get us anything bigger with chairs. So that made it great for the dining room but no lunch on port days, so room service wins on the coffetable outside. Still is quiet eating with a great view.

[quote name='butterfly2']Steve can you tell me what brand and where to buy this table. I have a corner AFT stateroom on the Adventure. We will be celebrating 20 years of marriage. Want to do some dining on our larger balcony. Also you said it will fit in your luggage. How much does it way?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

I went and got the tag off of the table , It's called Northeast outfitters , aluminum folding table. It came from Dick's sporting goods. I'm sure they have a website, Its about 20 inches by 24 inches and very very light. It was $20 . We got the idea from this site so if you do a search you may find what we found. My wife searched the web for camping tables and we went from there.

Thanks for the product reference. We have a Dick's sporting goods here so I'll go take a look.

Actually we were in a Concierge Class stateroom on Celebrity last year for a 11 night Alaska cruise. It was a bargain at $1099. We only ate in the dining room one time and really enjoyed the room service and eating in our room. We just booked this RC cruise and it is our first RC cruise. The cruise is just over a month away so I'm learning as fast as I can about RC. Given that RC seems to have a great room service (hot food and regular dinners available) I was thinking I may take advantage of the aft balcony to dine out there frequently. But with my bad back a standard table height is helpful in making it an enjoyable experience. This board is always so helpful with questions and folks who have experience on the ships.

Best,
Michelle

[quote name='SugarNSpice8104']The coffee table is the best idea. Did you leave it out there all week or bring it inat night. I would love to have it out of the way in my room and have the bigger table for the balcony.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure we left it out there all week. I just put it off to the side, it takes up a lot of room in the cabin. We are sailing on the Mariner next weekend and I will do this again:) it was GREAT!

The problem with the coffee table is that it's coffee table height, not full table height. The WJ tables will be too big to bring to your cabin, I think. If you're planning on having a full meal out there, just bring the courses out one at a time - there's room on the tables for that.

Here's a link to a portable table I bought for my trip on the Freedom (we leave tomorrow!!!).

[URL]http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=7587&memberId=12500226[/URL]

I heard about it here on CC and the guy who recommended it said it has worked great for him. It rolls up to a small size, but opens up to a regular height and has plenty of room for a full meal. I'm going to leave it set up on the balcony the whole week. It weighs 8 pounds and has a carry handle, but I'm just going to pack it in my large duffle. I'll report back next week when I return on how it went. I can't wait to go!! I just have a million things to do to get ready and I can't seem to stop reading these boards....:)

Yes, please post when you get back on the pros and cons. My husband is skeptical of bringing furniture on the cruise but I think since they don't provide an on-balcony table there is no harm in bringing one to enjoy the balcony more fully.
Have a great time on your cruise!!!
Michelle

I brought this table with me on our Adventure cruise. I gave it to one of my kids to carry on the plane, it has a case and is very light, 7 lbs, I think. I love breakfast on the balcony (we had a JS, but have done D1s in the past and there is plenty of room, IMO) and the coffee table idea is good, but a tall dining height table is GREAT!

[url]http://www.sit-in-comfort.com/capota.html[/url]

I am gathering RCI doesn't have balcony tables. I now remember that we did move the inside table out and it worked well on our last RCI cruise. It is not that heavy to move from what I remember. Princess has small tables on their balconies and I guess I just didn't think about it until this was posted. That seems to be something that RCI needs to add to their balconies. Surely, they will consider that in the future.

Just ordered this to take with us to Hawaii next month. It should fit on any balcony and make your time there even more enjoyable.

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/ELITE-Roll-Up-Top-Aluminum-Folding-Table-Camping-RV-NEW_W0QQitemZ170145077978QQihZ007QQcategoryZ87147QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/URL]

I did hit the stores today but had no luck. When I came back and saw all the links I decided to go ahead and get one.
I paid $34.71 for this one which includes shipping.
[B][URL]http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,99081_Alps-Mountaineering-Roll-Up-Camp-Table-Aluminum-.html?cm_mmc=PaidPlacement-_-MSN-_-WMSNS7-_-Alps_Mountaineering_Roll-Up_Camp_Table_-_Aluminum[/URL]

[/B]

Archived