Nightlife and activities?

vmom

Would like your experiences with the amount of entertainment, nightlife and daytime activities aboard X ships.

We tried to book a Celebrity cruise when we were on our last RCCL cruise and the lady at the cruise reservation desk tried to talk us out of going with Celebrity. She said we would be bored and that we should stick with RCCL. She said Celebrity was too sedate and the entertainment boring. Would really like to try Celebrity and would like feedback on what is available.

For a little background: We are in our mid 50's, and love to dance in the evening. We are interested in day activities on sea days that do NOT involve the spa. We have cruised both Princess and RCCL in the past. Frankly on the sea days on our last RCCL cruise, I found myself getting bored. Seems most of the day activites involved going to the spa. That's just not my thing. I found alot more to do on the Princess ships during the day. One couple on our last RCCL cruise said they always cruise Celebrity and that they felt there were more choices in activities on the Celebrity cruises they had been on. We are not into rock walls, basketball courts, but do want to do something besides sitting around the pool and going to the spa.

Thanks for any advice, opinions, or feedback!

There's dancing every night in the lounges and up on deck. The entertainment in the Celebrity Theater in the evening is really quite good. During the day, there are so many things offered that there's not enough time to do everything. I don't know what you mean by activities having to do with the spa, but I don't find that on X. I mean, they have things like spa demonstrations, but that's not that big a deal. They have wine tastings, trivia (at least five different versions of trivia-based games), name that tune, lectures about the area in which you're cruising, dance lessons, sports contests, computer classes, cooking demonstrations, tours of the ship, and theme parties on the deck on some nights. I don't think you'll be bored on X, and you're in the right age demographic for the ship.

There's dancing every night in the lounges and up on deck. The entertainment in the Celebrity Theater in the evening is really quite good. During the day, there are so many things offered that there's not enough time to do everything. I don't know what you mean by activities having to do with the spa, but I don't find that on X. I mean, they have things like spa demonstrations, but that's not that big a deal. They have wine tastings, trivia (at least five different versions of trivia-based games), name that tune, lectures about the area in which you're cruising, dance lessons, sports contests, computer classes, cooking demonstrations, tours of the ship, and theme parties on the deck on some nights. I don't think you'll be bored on X, and you're in the right age demographic for the ship.

Those are the exact types of activities I was interested in. thanks! I found there were trivia contests, dance lessons, classes, demonstrations (not spa) on our Princess cruise, but on our last RCCL cruise, there were only spa type demos, which of course lead to a sales pitch.

Thanks! Was looking into a cruise sometime in Jan-March.

Thanks for the help.

We cruise on Celebrity because Celebrity offers more trivia and opportunities to dance every evening. We also go to the dance classes on sea days. When we were on RCI those activities were lacking. We normally cruise B2B and never get bored even when we are on the same ship for 30 days +.

We find that on both X & Celeb there is a lull period while the show is on--we sometimes can't find any music or dancing then--sometimes the lounges are good at those times. On longer trips, it does get boring after you have seen all the different performers. Some have a limited playlist--but if you like one or two you can enjoy going back to their venue, For dancing I think you should be fine-- Next trip we are going to try some new things--like the hot tubs at night, walking on an outer deck & enjoying the stars...

Archived