Coach store in San Juan near the docks.

felder01

I heard there is a coach store in san juan near the docks. does anyone know if this is true ??????

i remember hearing this when i went on my trip in 2005 but it was a sunday and by the time we got off the boat the stores were closed. San Juan is one port i'm looking forward to seeing :-)

thanks

It's not right next to the docks but there is one in Old San Juan. Maybe about a 15 minute walk from the ship (uphill). It's between El Morro and the ship. I can't remember the name of the main shopping street, but it is in amongst all the other fancy stores in San Juan.

I myself carry more than one bag that I've purchased at the Coach Outlet in San Juan.

Coach is the only one I remember the name of because that is where my family takes away my wallet from me!! On my last cruise, though I called home and my best friend did give me permission to buy the cutest lavender bag with beading on it. It's an addiction - but at least I admit it!

It's on Calle Cristo. When you get off the ship go to the left when you hit the street toward old San Juan. I think that road will take you right to Cristo (we hit it in an oddball way a couple of weeks ago by going right at the first street and making a left a couple of blocks up by the post office and Senor Frogs). You'll make a right onto Cristo and follow it up. It's not hard to find an English speaker if you don't speak Spanish. The people are quite nice and very helpful. When we got off the ship we were given a map of the area and most of the streets seem to be marked on the sides of buildings instead of street signs we're used to.

Prices are up since I was there in December 06 but I did get a new Dooney.

It's a reasonable walk from the Old San Juan docks. RCL doesn't unsually dock at the city piers but docks at the Pan American pier which requires a cab ride into OSJ. Calle Cristo is a north/south street where most of the major designer stores, outlets and other retailers are located.

It's a reasonable walk from the Old San Juan docks. RCL doesn't unsually dock at the city piers but docks at the Pan American pier which requires a cab ride into OSJ. Calle Cristo is a north/south street where most of the major designer stores, outlets and other retailers are located.

Actually RCCL ships in transit do normally dock at the piers in Old San Juan. It is only the ships that are embarking/disembarking in San Juan that use the Pan Am Pier. Rarely if there are too many ships in port an RCCL ship in transit will shift over to the Pan Am Pier but they do that less and less since they opened Pier # 3 in Old San Juan.

I was in PR in Feb & picked up a coach bag for my DIL. It was a good price because it was on sale otherwise the prices are suggested retail. The bag was not tax free, I asked why I was told it is because they belong to the U.S.A. In St.Thomas I think I was in Little Switzerland & bought myself a black coach bag that was also on sale. In St. Thomas I did not pay any tax.

We were just there in June. I found the prices still to be high at the Coach store, but that's just my opinion. They do have a Guess outlet and a Puma (I think) outlet too. And a Ralph Lauren store, but I don't know that it was an outlet, per se, however, they had some GREAT sale prices!

We didn't walk to it, we took a tour that let us out in the shopping area and then walked back to the ship and it was all downhill . . . I would imagine the walk up to the shopping are would be a bit of a huff.

Have fun!

My girlfriend and I were there in Dec 06, and she thought the prices there were fabulous. She bought 3 items I think and she said they were much cheaper than she can buy them in Virginia. I don't buy Coach so could not say, but she always buy Coach, so if she said it was cheaper, I am guessing it was.

We went to the Coach Outlet store while on Freedom 08/26. The store was pretty good. Some stuff is old and kind of ugly but they did have a great sale on dark brown signature items. They were marked down plus an additional 30% off.

I got a cute bag for $103 USD. My bf got his sister a signature demi for $60 USD (I paid $206 CAD at home for one 2 years ago). I wanted a wallet and they were ~ $100 and we went to the local Coach store at home yesterday and they were $200.

Archived