Bulter making specialty restaurant reservations

Leona1

On NCL if you are in a suite you have a butler and concierge.The concierge can make your reservations for specialty restaurants. On Celebrity I am not aware of a Concierge, does the butler handle these things or are we on our own.

On NCL if you are in a suite you have a butler and concierge.The concierge can make your reservations for specialty restaurants. On Celebrity I am not aware of a Concierge, does the butler handle these things or are we on our own.

Your butler will be happy to make any arrangements you wish including reservations at the SR.

Happy cruising!

Denise

I agree it is best for the passenger themselves to make the call. That way, if your first choice isn't available, it would save the butler coming back and asking for your next choice, etc., etc. until you get what you would be happy with.

I agree it is best for the passenger themselves to make the call. That way, if your first choice isn't available, it would save the butler coming back and asking for your next choice, etc., etc. until you get what you would be happy with.

Thanks everyone for the information. I have no problem making reservations myself, the neat thing about the concierge making themon NCL was that he was always able to get us a reservation for the time we needed. It seems they held spots for his suite passengers.

We always make our reservations ourselves by going directly to the sp restaurant as soon as we get on the ship, before we even meet our butler. They know the nights that will be formal, informal, etc. Since we dress up to go to the sp restaurant, we like it to be on a formal or informal evening. On a longer cruise with three formal nights, we go to the sp rest on the 2nd formal evening. This way we only need to pack two formal outfits. ;) If we go again, we'll pick an informal night. Making the reservation yourself means you can quickly decide on an alternative day/time if your first choice is taken. A bulter is VERY busy on embarkation day. It's not likely that he'll have time to make your reservation right away and you could miss out. Lots of people pre-book before the cruise, too, which means fewer available reservations once you board.

We were on Infinity last September. We wanted to have a reservation to the U S United States for 6 of us. We asked our butler to make the reservation and he promptly did so. Of course, he was one of the best of 6 butlers that we have had.

Tess, I believe only Captain's Club members (previous Celebrity cruisers) can make advance reservations. Otherwise, go to the specialty restaurant as soon as you're able to and make reservations. After your 1st Celebrity cruise, enroll in the C.Club then you're set. Other more experienced cruisers may have better advice. Enjoy your cruise - Celebrity does a nice job.

When we boarded and asked our butler for reservations at the United States, he wrote down the phone number and said I would have better luck than he would...I hope our next Butler is a better one.

That's terrible. What use is a Butler like that?

Archived