Post Cruise Wobbles

Fireside

Ok just got back from a 4 day MOS cruise. Had a blast! But I am experiencing something new post cruise. I have what can only be described as sea legs on shore. It is now 3 days after the cruise and I still feel the boat rocking. Has this happened to anyone else? How long will it last? The effect has definitely lessened each day, it most pronounced when standing after sitting for a while. I have cruised before... and NEVER had this.

Thanks in advance for any advice/comments,

Fireside

It is a problem with your inner ear and equilibrium. It should go away in a few days. I have bad ears and sometimes I get in and sometimes I don't. Some have suggested taking a decongestant to help but I don't know if it would work.

My daughter and I call it our special little souvenir...lol. We still can enjoy the movement of the ship 3-4 days later. ;) :p

It doesn't happen after every cruise, but it does happen. It has everything to do with your inner ear.

My hubby experienced it for the first time after our August cruise and that was his 7th cruise. He never felt it before. Of course, I had no choice but to laugh at him. :D

There is a name for the wobbles - Mal de Debarquement Syndrome. Do a search and you'll find it's a common problem. I have to deal with it and have found, even though the websites don't vouch for this, that taking dramamine on land does help. It does go away, but it is real inconvenience until then.

YES- I got it after every cruise and after each one it seemed to last longer and feel worse, I was also very groggy,and watch out if I turned around suddenly,I would be staggering like a drunken sailor. Then I followed the advice of someone on this board and started taking 1 Bonine at bedtime on the last night of the cruise and for each night after for 4 nights. BINGO! Never bothers me now

Ok just got back from a 4 day MOS cruise. Had a blast! But I am experiencing something new post cruise. I have what can only be described as sea legs on shore. It is now 3 days after the cruise and I still feel the boat rocking. Has this happened to anyone else? How long will it last? The effect has definitely lessened each day, it most pronounced when standing after sitting for a while. I have cruised before... and NEVER had this.

Fireside

DH had it after our honeymoon cruise in July. We thought it would go away in a few days but when it hadn't in over a week he went to the Dr. and was put on a decongestant and something for nausea. It went away in the next week. Can't wait for our next Mal de Debarquement Syndrome in March 08 :D

Fireside

What's funny is when your with others that just got off a cruise and someone says"Did you feel that?" and someone else answers "yes". :)

Archived