All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

We leave Thurs. on the Miracle. Oh, has it been a long time coming. Anything we should look forward to. Any great or not so great tips. Our balcony room in on the Verandah deck. Not that I'm going to do any but does anyone know where the closest laundry room is located?

The free section of this site is very useful.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/home1.php

Besides showing a generic layout of most cabin categories, you can select a specific deck, and it will tell you everything that is in that particular cabin, including the bed types, balcony size, whether it's a connecting cabin, etc. Also, at the top of the page, they give the locations for any vending and laundry rooms. This is useful to know in case you find you've booked a cabin directly across from the ice machine or washers!

Just select your ship. Once you're on the Miracle page, you can look at any deck (listed on the left) or the cabin types on the right.

To find out about a particular deck details, go to the upper right-hand side and select "extras." Then under "Cabin Details by Deck," find your deck.

Verandah deck: The Launderette is located across from 7267

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/spirit/cabin_description/verandah.htm

Entrance to the slide is on the sports deck. I don't see a volleyball or basketball court, although I thought I remembered one. That may have been a different ship, Glory, probably.

I've never been in a pool on a ship so don't know about the water slide. People seem to enjoy it, though. It won't be open all the time, and they close them if it's too windy.

Hope to find a Western review soon!

We will be sailing next year on the Miracle. My son wants to know if they have a volleyball court onboard? What is the waterslide like? Thanks.

There is a volleyball/basketball court at the front of the ship near the jogging track and mini-golf. The waterslide is towards the back of the ship and offers a great view of the ship's wake. I have some pictures of it in my photo album (in the signature).

Can someone refresh my memory? Now that I've sailed on several different classes of ship, I tend to get some of the details mixed up. Prior to sailing Miracle, I'd only been on Fantasy-class ships & Jubilee. Since Miracle, I've been on Glory, and Triumph/Victory, and things are starting to get muddled in my poor, feeble memory.

Anyway, does Miracle have the magnifying mirror in the bathroom? I believe she does, but need to know. I had lasik surgery a few years ago, and need a magnifying mirror to do my makeup. I don't want to pack one if it isn't necessary, but I don't want to not pack one and then not be able to see what I'm doing! :o

I have sailed on the Spirit, so I do know this class of ship. My cabin on Thurs. is on the starboard side. I am so excited about not carrying that blasted life vest. Thank You for informing me where the laundry is. Can't wait.

Can someone refresh my memory? Now that I've sailed on several different classes of ship, I tend to get some of the details mixed up. Prior to sailing Miracle, I'd only been on Fantasy-class ships & Jubilee. Since Miracle, I've been on Glory, and Triumph/Victory, and things are starting to get muddled in my poor, feeble memory.

Anyway, does Miracle have the magnifying mirror in the bathroom? I believe she does, but need to know. I had lasik surgery a few years ago, and need a magnifying mirror to do my makeup. I don't want to pack one if it isn't necessary, but I don't want to not pack one and then not be able to see what I'm doing! :o

Yes they have the magnifying mirror :)

We just got back from our first Cruise on the Carnival Miracle and all I can say is Wow! What a great vacation.

We ate at Nick and Nora's two nights (they have a great wine selection). The food in main dining was great too. I especially liked the cheese selections at all dinner meals - only ordered sweet dessert once opting for cheese all other times.

Ship was beautiful and HUGE! Staff wonderful. Loved the balcony - spent every morning on it with coffee. Gym well equipted and not hard to get machines when going early (I was usually in gym between 6:30 - 7:00 am). One thing we were really surprised with was water pressure in shower. It is fabulous! Also, go to the spa for a shower at least once - these showers are really nice.

We have already booked our next cruise. While I don't see us cruising every year, most likely will do every other year. And I would not hesitate booking the Carnival Miracle again.

Another Miracle question...

How early/late in the night is the disco really hopping during a summer 8-day?

My Fiance and I went to the disco at about 11pm on Fascination last year and it was nearly empty. This was on an Easter Week cruise (read: K-12 school spring breaks, but not college spring breaks) when most people on board were either parents or under 18-year-olds who got kicked out of the club at 10pm.

Does the Miracle have a livelier disco? Does it get more popular later into the night? Or is this just a routine phenomenon of cruises during school breaks that is to be expected during summer sailings too?

How hoppin' the disco is won't make or break our cruise, I'm just curious and know this is the place to ask. Thanks!

Another Miracle question...

How early/late in the night is the disco really hopping during a summer 8-day?

My Fiance and I went to the disco at about 11pm on Fascination last year and it was nearly empty. This was on an Easter Week cruise (read: K-12 school spring breaks, but not college spring breaks) when most people on board were either parents or under 18-year-olds who got kicked out of the club at 10pm.

Does the Miracle have a livelier disco? Does it get more popular later into the night? Or is this just a routine phenomenon of cruises during school breaks that is to be expected during summer sailings too?

How hoppin' the disco is won't make or break our cruise, I'm just curious and know this is the place to ask. Thanks!

The Miracle has a 2 story Disco which can be fun or very crowded Especially on the 2nd formal night when the Captain allows the crew to party there I have been there till 3 in the morning but most the time between 1-2am it just depends It opens to adults at 11pm or was it 10pm it is used for teenagers before that

Every Spirit Class ship I have been on it has been hopping and that was in Nov, Dec and Feb Never been out of NY but I would think your on your Honeymoon there will be a party there HAVE FUN

When is the next dry dock scheduled? Were the shaking problems taken care of? Did that happen on all the Spirit class ships?

This will be our first cruise on her....always sailed the bigger ships before...Conquest, Glory, Liberty......

When is the next dry dock scheduled? Were the shaking problems taken care of? Did that happen on all the Spirit class ships?

This will be our first cruise on her....always sailed the bigger ships before...Conquest, Glory, Liberty......

The Miracle was in drydock this past March. I was on her the first cruise after. Everything was fine. One of the Azipods was malfunctioning and the Miracle was pretty much down to one engine for a while.

thank you for the reply.

the Azipods have caused problems on other ships too I think. Hopefully all will be good.

We don't sail until the new itinerary March 2011. Booked the Liberty again for this coming April.....we have a cabin on the Miracle all the way to the front on the 8th deck...sure hope it rides smooth, never been that far forward.

thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone - I'm going to be lurking this board for a while as my DB is going to be assigned to the Miracle as of February 2010. He's presently a musician on the Fascination (until she goes into drydock) and will be reassigned to the Miracle working toward being a cruise director. I also hope to go on board w/ some family members August '10, so I'm very interested in everyone's opinion of this ship.

I've sailed twice out of NYC so that's a piece of cake. But since this is a different line w/ different ideas, I'm trying to do my research before I'm confirmed for my trip.

Thanks all for your posts. It makes the future quite interesting.

I am so disappointed that no one on the recent Western itineraries have posted reviews. Not a single one. :(

But, for anyone who has sailed recently, can you tell me about the wine package that's available. I don't know how/why I didn't know about these, as I'm a wine drinker.

My only "excuse" is just that I've sailed often enough now that when I board, I either head straight to the cabin or to the buffet for lunch, so if there's a table in the lobby/atrium area, I have simply missed it. I don't recall seeing anything about it in the capers, though, either.

I've posted in a recent thread about the wine packages asking a few questions.

If you've sailed recently and have the details, I'd really appreciate knowing what it's all about and how it works. It seems, according to Carnival's website, that there are two packages, each for 5 bottles at a specific price. The difference is just in the selections. You cannot pre-purchase these packages.

My questions really are how/when can you purchase this? The website says in Formalities or to ask your dinner server. But Formalities won't open until we're in int'l waters, correct? Just like the other duty-free shops?

So if I want a bottle for sailaway, I'll still need to carry one on. And since DD rarely drinks wine, that would mean I'd have 6 bottles for 8 days. I'd hate to spend the money and then have wine left over that I have to leave behind. That would rather defeat the purpose!

Someone also said that what you really do is purchase coupons and then redeem them for the wine, and that you can do so in the MDR or at any bar.

Big question: can I purchase this as soon as I board, so I can then redeem one of the coupons at a bar and have a bottle in my cabin for sailaway?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have answers to my questions.

Back from another fantastic cruise on Miracle. Will start writing my review and uploading pics tomorrow after DD heads home. I'll post a link to my review once it's up.

I love the Spirit class, but am not crazy about Miracle's decor, which just makes me want to sail her sister ships that much more.

Oh, and I highly recommend that if you're a veteran Carnival cruisers, that you take the Behind the Fun Tour. It was great!

Well, I have answers to my questions.

Back from another fantastic cruise on Miracle. Will start writing my review and uploading pics tomorrow after DD heads home. I'll post a link to my review once it's up.

I love the Spirit class, but am not crazy about Miracle's decor, which just makes me want to sail her sister ships that much more.

Oh, and I highly recommend that if you're a veteran Carnival cruisers, that you take the Behind the Fun Tour. It was great!

Looking forward to your review and pictures!

Review is up, although I haven't yet scanned my Capers. Will try to do that today.

The review is heavy on the excursions, because that is what we focus on when we cruise. I don't do a lot of "stuff" on board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1107851&highlight

There's a link to my Webshots album near the end of the review. Not many pics of the ship (because I'd sailed her before), but there are some of the aft cabin.

I'd almost forgotten how very different the ship layout is from other classes, but I do like it so much more!

Sigh. I've only been home a week and am suffering severe Post Cruise Depression. :o

Your balcony will look just like this. (8232 on the Pride; two decks above 6232.) Love, love, love these extended balconies! We have one on the Splendor in December, and hope to book one on the Miracle for next year.

152780878_kAgzb-XL.jpg

152780994_AaHzc-XL.jpg

What category is this considered?

The category depends on the deck. They start on Deck 5 and are lumped in with the other extended balcony cabins. Look at the deck plans. They are the last ones overlooking the lifeboats, on the port side. You can see th extra-long balcony on the deck plans.

I believe they're all handicap modified, too, so there's a chance that even if you can book one (they go very quickly since there are only a few), that if needed for an HC booking, you could be bumped.

I debated between one of those and the aft I just had, and decided I wanted to be over the wake. Of course, at the time I booked, the aft cabins were "just" considered an extended balcony and were in the same category. Now they're a much higher category and cost more. If I have the opportunity to sail another Spirit class, and can book way in advance, I'll try for one of these.

WOW! This was so much fun, granted I skimmed over the pages but it is so full of info. My husband and I will be doing our first Carnival Cruise on Miracle in Jan. 2011. I know it's a long long way off. But we have a Royal Caribbean on the Freedom in August of this year. I have so many questions about Carinival and Miracle and so may have been answered here. Thanks to every one for all the great info and pics. We have done Royal caribbean and HAL and my DH has done I think celeberty or maybe it was Carnival but it was way before me ...LOL. So We are looking forward to it!!!

Does anyone know which days will be Elegant Night on the new Southern Caribbean itinerary?

The 1st, 6th and 7th day are the sea days. I'm wanting to book the steakhouse but don't want to miss the lobster and prefer not to go on a port day either.

Thanks!

Does anyone know which days will be Elegant Night on the new Southern Caribbean itinerary?

The 1st, 6th and 7th day are the sea days. I'm wanting to book the steakhouse but don't want to miss the lobster and prefer not to go on a port day either.

Thanks!

Archived