"Over-the-Door" shoe organizers

FeeFeeCat

Hi,

This might sound like a silly question, but I'm wondering if anyone knows whether there is any reason I won't be able to hang an "over-the-door" shoe organizer on my cabin's bathroom door (side facing into bathroom) on the Legend of the Seas. I'm going on a 13-night itinerary and want to use it as extra storage space for toiletries, etc...

I used one on Celebrity's Millennium with no problem and hope to use it on the Legend. I don't want to use packing space/weight if there is some reason I can't hang one. Better to know before I board the ship.

Thanks much.

:)

Even if you can't put the hook over the top of the door, there are always hooks on the bathroom side of the door for towels and things, and you can hang it from a hook.

I actually use one in the closet that's kind of long and narrow (maybe 5' long) and has loop-like pockets on each side. Each "pocket" is big enough for a pair of my shoes (ladies size 6) or a couple Tshirts, an evening wrap, etc. It's great because usually there aren't a lot of drawers, and this thing collects all the miscellaneous stuff that I would normally put in a drawer.

I use both types. The over the door shoe organizer is great for shoes, purses, belts, other small items. The interior over the rod organizer is the perfect size for shorts, shirts and larger items. That frees up the drawer space for personal grooming items that I want to keep at the dressing table.

If you have used the over door before in the bathroom, I am sure it will fit.

I won't leave home without it! Even with the extra space in the newer ships it is nice to have a place that you can always find your 'stuff.' We each put our seapass card in it when we get into the room...and you can see through the pockets. We put brushes, deoderant, suntan lotion etc in it. So many uses. And it keeps the counters tidy.

We were just on the Mariner. We felt it was easier to put it inside the closet door. Then we could get into it easier if someone was in the bathroom. We loved it!

I had a problem with putting it over the closet door on the Grandeur...The closet doors opened in "accordian" fashion so I couldn't use them.

I've heard of doing this but wonder where I can buy one. I looked at Bed, Bath and Beyond but the ones they had looked too bulky for packing. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Good Morning.

Every wal-mart ($9.99) has them and I read somewhere that some have found them in the dollar stores. They are not cumbersome at all, the are very compact and light.

1498256851_lg.jpg

this is one variation I found online. check the web!

I've heard of doing this but wonder where I can buy one. I looked at Bed, Bath and Beyond but the ones they had looked too bulky for packing. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dollar store and you can just toss them befor you come home.

OK, perfect! Thanks to you all for the info and especially for the photo. The one that I saw did not have clear pockets so I couldn't figure out how it would be helpful.

I also like the idea of leaving it behind or tossing it.

Thanks!

We've used one before, but put it on the outside of the door, not the inside. We find there is plenty of space in the bathroom for toiletries.

When it is on the outside of the door we use it for odds and ends that clutter the top of the vanity. Things like hair brushes, flip flops, shoes, papers, our cabin keys (using the bottom left hand pocket, the same pocket every time, you'll never search for your cabin key card again), belts, camera, sunscreen etc...

We've also taken a shelf type hanger for inside the closet since there is such limited space in the drawers.

It's not quite as necessary for 2 people as it is for more than that and if you have a JS or above, you would find it totally unnecessary.

Archived