Diamond inquiry

sailorgirl

We have cruised Princess, Celebrity, Regent, Crystal and Cunard. We have a mini suite booked for a 32 day cruise in 2009. That's a long time on a ship and I really don't want to be disappointed. This stateroom is on Caribe deck. Am I to understand that our balcony is totally open and exposed to upper decks? And does Princess now serve half and half or cream with coffee, and is the coffee better than it used to be? I'm remembering some disappointments from past cruises here. Any input here? Thanks.

Sailorgirl the cabins on the Caribe deck are half exposed and half enclosed. The best of both worlds in my opinion. As for the coffee that is always a hot topic around here. Some do not mind the coffee and others do not. I think the room service coffee is better than the Horizon Ct. buffet coffee but frainkly I do not mind it at all. I honestly do not remember if they serve half and half. I just use the creamer they have. Sorry cannot help you with that question but this coming Nov. I will be on the Diamond to Hawaii and I will make sure that I find out for you.

Marilyn

Hi sailorgirl,

There are no mini-suites on the Caribe deck but there are Penthouse and Full Suites (category PH or PS)?? If you are in a PH, your balcony will be double the length (front to back of the ship) and width-wise, the half closer to the ship will be covered. The suites have large balconies too. The only other cabins on the Caribe deck are balcony and inside cabins. The aft (back of ship) suites look like they are completely covered - I don't know about the suites on the front of the ship, I think they are thouh.

I made a mistake! Now I know why I thought the mini suite verandah was completely exposed. It IS on Dolphin deck and when I read the CC professional review, it commented on it. I think half covered and half exposed might be a good plan, but not totally exposed. I'll have to see if I can make a change here. Thanks ofr the input.

I made a mistake! Now I know why I thought the mini suite verandah was completely exposed. It IS on Dolphin deck and when I read the CC professional review, it commented on it. I think half covered and half exposed might be a good plan, but not totally exposed. I'll have to see if I can make a change here. Thanks ofr the input.

If you want half open and half exposed you will need to switch to regular balcony. The only mini-suite choices are:

Dolphin deck: 100% open

Emerald deck: 100% covered

Hope this helps

Sailorgirl-The Diamond is a wonderful ship to spend a month on. It is large enough to help you stay entertained for a full month, and the indoor pool is great, given that the weather on your cruise is likely to be changeable. Just keep in mind that of the cruise lines you've stated you've been on, you cannot expect the same level of service on Princess. It will be closer to Celebrity than to Regent or Crystal. Just hate for you to be unhappy with that for a month. We have, however, found that service on longer Princess cruises tends to be more attentive than on one week cruises.

Archived