If You Croak On A Cruise Ship!!

wormfarmer

We had a lady die on our cruise, found out about it when we were at the airport. They kept that one quiet LOL. I often wondered what they did with her body. I thought maybe they had thrown her overboard in some kind of ceremony, but then everyone would have found out about and we sure would not want that :eek:

yep, they either keep the body in the kicthen freezer or cooler. I can't remember. My mom was on a cruise where she had to do CPR on a guy who died of a heart attack, so she knows about where they kept the body. They were at sea, too far for a chopper at the time.

Now we are going to have people thinking there are bodies kept with the beef :p They do have facilities (makeshift morgue if you will) on the ships, people die on cruise ships, and they are well prepared for it... most people never know that someone dies on the ship, unless you know the codes.

Here is some good information for you. This is about dying while onboard the ship. Make sure you take out travel insurance to get the body home!!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cruising/death-is-not-uncommon-on-ships/2007/09/19/1189881571317.html#

Just curious, what happens if you do not have insurance, they throw the body overboard?

there is a morgue on board, as well as a bastille. Pax die, not DYE..often, especially with the older/longer/worldly cruise pax, altho it can happen any time to anyone. They are removed from cabin by rolled up carpet type thing on a cart..and if out in public area, mostl likely by a wheel chair first. Dr pronounces , and fills out necess. papers for re-entry to debark port, unless it is a re=po..then thatz a whole nudder story.Customes has to clear body paperwork b4 debark of all pax...pending info of no fowl play. It can hold up the process for hours, as it did my inlaws years back, also one of my 1st cruises. It was Ftl to Ftl, and I saw the hearse remove the body from the crew hold by gurney

Gee, my instructions were not to take me home if that happened. Just a pity the cruise ships do not have cremation facilities to speed it up a bit as I wanted my ashes scattered in the Med (water is nice and warm and lots of topless swimmers).

I did change my mind later on when in Rome and now the instructions have changed so I can be scattered in the protestant cemetery in Rome, such a peaceful and lovely venue.

But now we are home I am sure that the vegie garden in the back yard will be the family choice to reduce the drain on the estate.

David

Gee, my instructions were not to take me home if that happened. Just a pity the cruise ships do not have cremation facilities to speed it up a bit as I wanted my ashes scattered in the Med (water is nice and warm and lots of topless swimmers).

I did change my mind later on when in Rome and now the instructions have changed so I can be scattered in the protestant cemetery in Rome, such a peaceful and lovely venue.

But now we are home I am sure that the vegie garden in the back yard will be the family choice to reduce the drain on the estate.

David

Heck I am with you....me or anyone dies on our cruise and I guess we will find out the cost of cremation in the Carribean.

there is a morgue on board, as well as a bastille. Pax die, not DYE..often, especially with the older/longer/worldly cruise pax, altho it can happen any time to anyone. They are removed from cabin by rolled up carpet type thing on a cart..and if out in public area, mostl likely by a wheel chair first. Dr pronounces , and fills out necess. papers for re-entry to debark port, unless it is a re=po..then thatz a whole nudder story.Customes has to clear body paperwork b4 debark of all pax...pending info of no fowl play. It can hold up the process for hours, as it did my inlaws years back, also one of my 1st cruises. It was Ftl to Ftl, and I saw the hearse remove the body from the crew hold by gurney

I know we are not supposed to complain about typeos but *****?

Heck I'm with you....me or anyone dies on our cruise

and I guess we will find out the cost of cremation in the Caribbean.

Here in Barbados, last cost I knew about

(March 2003, when Mum passed away)

it was Bds.$1,600 for the cremation.

That's U.S. $800 in 'Real Money'.

Just so's you know.

[snip] Pax die, not DYE..often, especially with the older/longer/worldly cruise pax, altho it can happen any time to anyone. [snip]

Acutally, I bet more passengers dye than die, "especially with the older/longer/worldly cruise pax." Haven't you seen all the big (blue) hair do's on formal night? Why, I bet I can count a ton of people (pun intended :D ) at the pool that are dyed as it generally turns them orange instead of tan. :eek: :D

Just kidding folks!

Archived