Anyone want to cruise in May 2008?

JoKen1

I love the Mexican Riveria....so much so I have been there

3 times:D :) :D can't go in May though;)

Many of the ships are already doing Alaska by May.

I would suggest the springtime. I have been in March all 3 times.

Sounds like fun. I would be interested as well, but never, never again in hurricane season. Was trapped on the smallish Sovereign of the Seas this past weekend and never again. We were truly rocking and rolling and it was not a pleasant time. Will keep monitoring this thread to see the activity and interest.

Patty in CA,

That happened to me when I went to the Caribbean. We only got to go to one port and it had been hit already. Very sad!

The rocking and rolling was really bad. I love the rocking of the ship and I sleep so well with that but this time I felt like the ship was going to tip over. Of course it wasn't that bad at all but it sure felt like it. Everyone was getting sick and falling over.

The captain did his best to out run the storm but we still felt it pretty bad. So I'm with you on that.

When is the season for Mexico? Anyone know?

I just looked it up and from what I can see the hurricane months are late June through Oct and sometimes as late as Nov.

So if we go in late April or May we should be fine. I'm still checking on getting a good price and will let everyone know when I find anything.

I wish I could join you guys, but that's when I'll be on my India to Egypt to Greece to London cruise. We'll have to plan a couple more of these for the solos. I'm hitting the speed limit birthday at the end of this month, but I'm not cruising until the end of November.

I hope you all find a really great cruise.

I just looked it up and from what I can see the hurricane months are late June through Oct and sometimes as late as Nov.

So if we go in late April or May we should be fine. I'm still checking on getting a good price and will let everyone know when I find anything.

Hurricane season for the Atlantic is June 1 - Nov. 30. Pacific season begins a little earlier, but weather should be fine during the month of May. Things don't usually start to get nasty until the water heats up.;)

I wish I could join you guys, but that's when I'll be on my India to Egypt to Greece to London cruise. We'll have to plan a couple more of these for the solos. I'm hitting the speed limit birthday at the end of this month, but I'm not cruising until the end of November.

I hope you all find a really great cruise.

Curious kitty? Which speed limit is that?

I'm looking to do my first solo cruise sometime between March & May and would love to be on with other solos, but I hate to fly and don't want to go all the way out to the West Coast (I'm near the East Coast), so guess I'll just have to wait for another time. :o Hope you have fun!

I was looking to cruise Alaska in May but the idea of joining others sounds like fun to me. The Mex Riviera also sounds great. I think there are three cruises available in May which visit the same ports. I will keeping checking here to see what others decide.

• 3 weeks later...
I found an 11 day S. Caribbean cruise today, port intensive, just 2 cruise days so I am on it on 12/3. The special was to good to pass up. A little over $1,000 for OV on 7th deck plus r.t. air from PHL. Why not joint me?

OMG! You wouldn't know that I was a medical transcriptionist by this post. I meant "too" and "join", definitely not joint!:D

I took myself on a Norwegian Fjords cruise June 2007 for my 50th - it was the BEST! In May 2008 I am going with some friends on an 11 day European cruise- and splurged on a suite (I am sharing with someone, so not that much differenst than a solo cabin...)

Treat yourself well!

Archived