Next Cruise WARNING....Must read if you plan on booking next cruise

skyking

Hello All,

This post is meant to be a HEADS up to everyone who plans on meeting with the Loyalty Ambasador on any ship. When you book your NEXT CRUISE make sure to get a print out right away. Last week on the Mariner the LA was having people fill out and form and said you will get a email confirming..Well everyone in group has not got an email yet, so I am sure everyone else who filled out that form has also not got the email. I spoke to the C and A desk and was told that once you leave the ship your cards info goes away for security reasons, and that everyone should have been given a confirmation onboard, and that this was not normal. SO the moral of the story is make sure your LA is not LAZY and does the job they are supposed to do.

I did not get an email on our recent Monarch trip, but I did get a receipt. Of course, in the rush to get back home, I lost it. My credit card was charged sperately for the $100.00 deposit. I called C&A when I got back and they were able to locate my NextCruise reservation #. Also, I lost my statement for my SeaPass and they were able to get a duplicate to me.

I would try calling C&A back and speak to another representative. You may get a different answer.

Also, check your credit card statement to see if your card was charged. I have already purchased 4 NextCruise reservations and I have never had to fill out any paperwork. The LA just puts our C&A #'s in their computer and asks if we want it on the same CC as our Seapass.

Good Luck!!

Debbi

I did not get an email on our recent Monarch trip, but I did get a receipt. Of course, in the rush to get back home, I lost it. My credit card was charged sperately for the $100.00 deposit. I called C&A when I got back and they were able to locate my NextCruise reservation #. Also, I lost my statement for my SeaPass and they were able to get a duplicate to me.

I would try calling C&A back and speak to another representative. You may get a different answer.

Also, check your credit card statement to see if your card was charged. I have already purchased 4 NextCruise reservations and I have never had to fill out any paperwork. The LA just puts our C&A #'s in their computer and asks if we want it on the same CC as our Seapass.

Good Luck!!

Debbi

Everyone in our group is having the same problem...No credit cards charged, C and A looked us up by name and NADA. C and A has told all of us that this is not normal practice and is trying to contact the ship to find out what is going on. I saw the stack the LA put my form in and it was HUGE. When on the Enchantment I was given a print out confirming that I booked a next cruise. No credit cards have been charged yet.

I could not agree with you more. On previous sailings we would get a piece of paper before we left the ship with our Next Cruise Booking number on it. This past week on Mariner of the Seas, Philipa told us that we would get an email confirmation about the Next Cruise and not to worry about it. I told her I was very uncomfortable with not getting anything about the Next Cruise. (And she had NO friend certificates, SOL - she did not have any) Trying to check your email on the ship is like getting a root canal. Very, very slow!!! So I thought I would just wait until I got home. When I got home there was no email from RCI with our Next Cruise on it. Called several times and was basically told "You're out of luck". We have over 10 people on our sailing (September 16th.) who's Next Cruise DID NOT go through. This system needs to be changed. Make sure you get your Next Cruise Booking Number down in writting before you leave the ship.

E-Beth

We booked out next cruise (Panama Canal) while onboard AOS in May. we were NOT impressed with the Loyalty Ambassador. We had to find the cabin we wanted on the internet & then lead her to it. She was unable to print out our receipt immediately, but did send it to our cabin. Lastly she incorrectly told us the deposit would post to our Seapass accounts when it really went on our credit cards directly.

We booked out next cruise (Panama Canal) while onboard AOS in May. we were NOT impressed with the Loyalty Ambassador. We had to find the cabin we wanted on the internet & then lead her to it. She was unable to print out our receipt immediately, but did send it to our cabin. Lastly she incorrectly told us the deposit would post to our Seapass accounts when it really went on our credit cards directly.

I totally understand, but atleast you got something in print...Thats more than what we got:)

i wonder if it is because soooo many people are doing this now that the LAs just can't keep up.....EEEKKKK..

funny, one of the LAs on Serenade was actually part of a performing duo..los diablos gauchos or something....she is a riot but she was very good! (imo even better than the actual LA!) this was pre- nextcruise but she wouldn't let me get up until i had paper in my hands...THEN they sent another copy too!

hopefully they will work it out before the next time i get out there!

i wonder if it is because soooo many people are doing this now that the LAs just can't keep up.....EEEKKKK..

funny, one of the LAs on Serenade was actually part of a performing duo..los diablos gauchos or something....she is a riot but she was very good! (imo even better than the actual LA!) this was pre- nextcruise but she wouldn't let me get up until i had paper in my hands...THEN they sent another copy too!

hopefully they will work it out before the next time i get out there!

The C and A member I spoke who was very helpful and said she also helps onboard with the LA said it didnt make any sense to do the paper cause the LA would never have time to do all those after the fact...Something weird is going on here no doubt about that.

We booked a next cruise option on the Mariner and had no problems. Filled out the form, and received a receipt in our cabin a few days later. Maybe you had a new LA or he was just overwhelmed.

It is a new LA to the Mariner...She said it was her first week on that ship, but still no receipt no proof, no nada.

We sailed on Liberty in June and had no problems with the new system. We filled out the form and left it with the Loyalty Ambassador. A few days after we got home we received an email with our reservation number. However there was a charge on our Sea Pass account when we received the statement on the morning of departure.

We used the same LA on the Monarch a few times (I think - I get the Monarch, Majesty, and Sovereign all mixed up). My husband's company does a cruise every year and Danny (sp?) was wonderful in booking our next cruse for us! He told us last year that he was moving to a ship that is doing the Asian route because he is from the Phillipines and wanted to be able to visit his ailing mother more often. If you ever meet him, he is the best! Very professional and so nice. We loved working with him and will miss him on our next cruise!

Not to get too far off topic here but...what are the benefits of booking next cruise on board? Can it be any ship or does it have to be the on you are currently on?

Sorry skyking for the inconvience....I am sooo the type to call these people everyday until I got what I thought I paid for!! Good luck to you and everyone!!! You would think that RCI would just redo things and give you what you tried to purchase on board as good customer service. You and many others are trying to go on a cruise again and you would think they would want the repeat business...sheesh.

What is going on with Loyalty Ambassadors?! The feedback I'm getting from people is that they are giving out bad information. One gave out totally wrong information about upcoming itineraries and pricing! :mad:

Another person told me that the LA on their cruise was a former dancer and had no business being a LA. She had no clue what she was doing. At least their NCC went through, and they were smart enough to ask questions when they got home so they got the correct info., but this is bad PR on RCI's part IMO.

I had problems with my NCC that I booked on the Serenade in May. The LA was not the REAL LA (I later saw him dancing in the production show) and when I booked an NCC he automatically made it for $200 because my husband was sitting there next to me. I told him "no, no, no, I only want to put $100 on it" so he "changed" it, gave me a new printout and sent me on my way. When I got home and looked at my credit card statement online, it had been charged $200. I asked my TA about it and she looked it up for me and RCL had sent her a fax for it with just my name on the booking, but $200 paid. So she has that in her file for when I get ready to use it. My copy says $100 but the official fax that she has says $200. I'd like to find something to use it on just to get rid of it. Next time I'll tell DH to not come with me so there won't be any confusion.

My brother and his wife booked their next cruise on the LA, told them they were using the Visa reward points. they were booked on the 9th floor, LA told them that the certificate was worth a $1000 so the cabin did not matter. Low and behold they were told by C & A that they would have to move out of that room to use the certificate. after many phone calls and ( threats- they are Diamond members, we have 19 people booked for this cruise, etc) they finally agreed to allow them to keep the room they had booked. So know what you can cannot use the royal points for because apparently the LA do not know, that was on the Grandeur in July

Not to get too far off topic here but...what are the benefits of booking next cruise on board? Can it be any ship or does it have to be the on you are currently on?

Sorry skyking for the inconvience....I am sooo the type to call these people everyday until I got what I thought I paid for!! Good luck to you and everyone!!! You would think that RCI would just redo things and give you what you tried to purchase on board as good customer service. You and many others are trying to go on a cruise again and you would think they would want the repeat business...sheesh.

The Next Cruise Program goes like this. You pay $100.00 total for the booking(which is not the normal deposit for a booking, so you save $$) You do not have to pick your cruise at the time of this payment. You will receive a receipt at this time with your reservation number on the receipt(letter). You have up to 3 years to plan your cruise, and at that time, you give the Booking Id # from your Nect Cruise Program letter and you will receive the onboard credit for the cruise you chose. You get $50.00 onboard credit for 3-5 nite, $100.00 onboard credit for 6-8 nites, and $200.00 0nboard credit for 9+ nites. The difference with this program and doing an actual onboard booking is, the deposit is only $100.00 compared to min. of $250.00p/p and you do not have to select the cruise you will be taking at that time. Remember if you cancel your booking for any reason you will no longer be eligible for the onboard credit. You have to transfer your booking ID # if you want to change your cruise plans. The phone # on my Next Cruise letter is 1-800-526-9723, maybe that number can get the people help with the problem they encountered. Good Luck!

Hello All,

This post is meant to be a HEADS up to everyone who plans on meeting with the Loyalty Ambasador on any ship. When you book your NEXT CRUISE make sure to get a print out right away. Last week on the Mariner the LA was having people fill out and form and said you will get a email confirming..Well everyone in group has not got an email yet, so I am sure everyone else who filled out that form has also not got the email. I spoke to the C and A desk and was told that once you leave the ship your cards info goes away for security reasons, and that everyone should have been given a confirmation onboard, and that this was not normal. SO the moral of the story is make sure your LA is not LAZY and does the job they are supposed to do.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I know you must be terribly frustrated. Do you by any chance work with a TA? If so, did C&A let him/her know about your future reservation? I know that when I use Princess and make a future cruise reservation they will forward the information onto my TA as a courtesy. I know you were on RCCL, but didn't know if they used the same courtesy method. Hope everything gets worked out to your satisfaction.

The Next Cruise Program goes like this. You pay $100.00 total for the booking(which is not the normal deposit for a booking, so you save $$) You do not have to pick your cruise at the time of this payment. You will receive a receipt at this time with your reservation number on the receipt(letter). You have up to 3 years to plan your cruise, and at that time, you give the Booking Id # from your Nect Cruise Program letter and you will receive the onboard credit for the cruise you chose. You get $50.00 onboard credit for 3-5 nite, $100.00 onboard credit for 6-8 nites, and $200.00 0nboard credit for 9+ nites. The difference with this program and doing an actual onboard booking is, the deposit is only $100.00 compared to min. of $250.00p/p and you do not have to select the cruise you will be taking at that time. Remember if you cancel your booking for any reason you will no longer be eligible for the onboard credit. You have to transfer your booking ID # if you want to change your cruise plans. The phone # on my Next Cruise letter is 1-800-526-9723, maybe that number can get the people help with the problem they encountered. Good Luck!

When this program first started, you had 3 years to use the ressie. Then posters started saying RCI changed it to no time limit to use NC. The $100 is per person on the NC ressie. So only book yourself, when you add people later the balance of the deposit is due immediately. I was going to make a NC ressie on Freedom, but if the LA's are busy, I may wait and do it when I'm on Empress!

We did this on the Explorer in July and again on Liberty this month. Both LAs told us that there is no expiration date on the NCP. The form is old and has not been reprinted for the new guidelines. Since we heard it from two different LAs I'm assuming it's true!.?

DH and I just returned from the Rhapsody on Sept. 18. The LA who left the ship in Alcapulco made reservations for a specific cruise for us, as well as a future cruise booking--supposedly with 4 names. She was extremely inefficient---even got our names incorrect on the cruise res! Fortunately, our cruise agent received a fax for both transactions. He corrected the incorrect last name, and e-mailed us onboard that there were only 2 names on the future cruise info. Because of his e-mail, I was able to go to the new LA onboard and get her to straighten out the blunder, and she was very efficient! So, yes, get a hard copy of every transaction! This has also happened to us previously; many LA's don't seem to be efficient. I plan to let the C&A VP in Miami know about this problem.

Happy sailing, Everyone! :)

When you book a "Next Cruise" you are allowed to ask for Two "Friend Certificates" that will have a booking number on them that you can give to friends or family and they will then be able to book on the same cruise as you and get the $100. OBC. No deposit is required to get these but full deposit is expected at time of booking. This is a great idea on the part of RCI to encourage you to invite your friends and family. Unfortunately --- The LA's don't seem to know enough or even care about the "Friend Certificates". I asked for two with the "Next Cruise" I just tried to book on Mariner. Her response was "Wow, hardly no one knows about the Friend Certificates!!! Sorry I don't have any right now." I asked her if she could get two, please, and her response was "No, I don't have any and can't get any, so that will not be an option for you on this sailing" Too Bad, So Sad, you're SOL!!! Then my Next Cruise did not even go through. Come on RCI - More training and personality is expected from your "Future Cruise Consultant" !!! I don't know why but they very often DO NOT have that nice, caring personality of other employee's on the ship. Phillipa was our main LA and her helper was a skater from the Ice Show (which is fantastic, btw).

E-Beth

Archived