finding out your guarantee cabin

cnvh

First of all, the search feature on CC is not very helpful :(, so I apologize for how many times this must have been answered before...

I need a reminder of how to find out what cabin you have been assigned to if you booked GTY... I believe you go to the online immigration page, enter your booking # and last name, then on the next page it may say a cabin # if you have been assigned, instead of "GUARANTEE" or whatever it normally says... Is that correct? I think I recall hearing that there is another way of finding out as well, but I can't remember what that was...

And I know that technically they can change it right up until the last minute... I'm just impatient and wildly curious. :)

Absolutely right, that's the way I do it. The only other way I know of is if it is marked on your documents when they arrive, or by looking at what they write on your luggage tags when you check in at the port :D

I love the anticipation of booking a guarantee and waiting for the room assignment, and I happen to think that the later your cabin is assigned, the more likely you will get an upgrade, so I can be verrrry patient if that is true.

Good luck with your assignment. When are you sailing?

Bonni

The other way to learn your cabin assignment is on the "Book Shore Excursions" page. Same deal that you need your booking number (and name, IIRC). If it's been assigned the cabin number also shows up there.

The problem with the method is that it closes out at the 10-days 'til sailing mark.

We're sailing on the 10/31 Noordam out of NYC, so I imagine it's still a bit early yet for us to find anything out... But we booked a VF GTY, and the last I checked, the VF category was closed-- so I'm hopeful that it means we'll get an upgrade, even if it's only a small one. The only thing I'd rather not have is a solid-steel balcony railing, but if that's what we get, we will certainly enjoy the cruise regardless!

We're sailing Volendam 10/24 & booked BB Balc Guarantee. I found the cabin assignment on "Check-in Immigration" section on 9/24 in the early afternoon -- I had checked that morning about 10A CDT and was still Guarantee, but by 2PM we had a cabin #. We were actually assigned AA on Navigation Deck aft....so guess you'd say it was a slight "upgrade".

My husband and I are booked Guarantee for a November sailing. We haven't been assigned yet. How far in advance of sailing are assignments generally made?

Anywhere from about 4 weeks before sailing to check-in. We have always booked an OV guarantee (obstructed view) and gotten a small upgrade to a non-obstructed view. As I recall we have gotten our cabin number about 3-4 weeks prior.

Cheers,

Archived