What 1 unique item do you pack for you 're cruise ?

travelscrapper

What is the one "little" think that you cant live w/o and makes your're cruise that much better??

I have posted many times I always bring an electric fan for air movement, cooling and white noise.

I don't even take all the things that are suggested on the "cruise travel packing" lists! One day I am sure I will be sorry that I don't have duct tape :D! But, on our last cruise I threw in a couple of photos of our little yorkie and then felt like a bad Mom so I put in a photo of each of our boys as well. Attatched my little gallery to the mirror with that non-harmful sticky stuff and it really made my cabin feel like my own. I think I will do the same thing on our February cruise!

Great tip about the baby powder Donia! I will pack that this time too!!! Removes sand, makes you feel fresh and smells wonderful!!!!!

I always take a plastic tub with suction cups on the back, about 6" long by 4" deep, the kind that goes in the shower to hold shampoos, etc. Mine is just big enough to hold my shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and razor. I really dislike setting things on the shower floor; there usually isn't room to bend down to get something off the floor without watering the bathroom. Plus, this way it saves whatever storage is built in the shower for my husband. Not as cumbersome as it sounds...I stuff it full of underwear and socks and it fits just fine in my suitcase. I also take a similar small thing to hold our toothpaste and toothbrushes. It suctions to the mirror and keep our toothbrushes off the counters.

I don't know how unique this is, but we bring our own pillows from home. It's easy to do with the pack bags. They squish down flat as a pancake and fit nicely into our duffle bag. It really feels more like home when you can have your own pillow with you, not to mention the added comfort.

Happy Sailing!

Do you just shake the baby powder on your feet and rub it off? I know this sounds like a silly question, but sounds like a great idea and I want to try it. I hate putting my shoes back on when I cannot get all the sand off.
I feel exactly the same way about putting shoes on sandy feet! Yes, you can just shake a little on your feet and dust it around. Or you can shake some into your hands and then dust your feet - or other areas! You will be amazed how easy and effective it is. It even takes off that coarse, sticky sand from the Cancun area! Enjoy, Donia

A nightlight for the bathroom. It helps me figure out just where I am in the cabin should I wake up in the middle of the night, and if the seas are a bit rough at night the steady source of light seems to help fight the feeling of "rolling". (We always shut the bathroom door... theres enough light showing from under the door.)

Also my own, tiny but powerful hairdryer. The ones onboard don't work well for me and take so long.

Shae PS Thanks for the clothes pins tip. I'm not a very large person but have had the shower curtain suddenly cling to me. It was rather startling the first time it happened.

A tiny little bottle of air freshener. Bath and Body Works makes some wonderful travel-sizes sprays; I think I brought Cucumber-Melon with me on the last cruise. Those small staterooms and smaller bathrooms get stale fast... that spray makes it smell very fresh and clean without being overwhelming. Won't travel without it!

-gina-

I used to bring one of those clip style 8" round ones you get at walmart, I recently switched to a tower style designed for desktop use about 12" tall and 4" square. Really makes a difference when warm or steamy.

I never knew that about baby powder that's a new one to me will have to try that.

Sphynx the fan is a great idea I've been toying with that since you posted it before how big of one do you bring with you?

I have the coolest fan, sold at Brookstone. Can't cruise without it! It is very tiny, lightweight, yet really goes like crazy! Fits into the corner of the suitcase and weighs very little. I have bought several as gifts for others who just HAVE to bring a fan with.

The other thing is a very small flash light for those 3am bathroom trips. Have you ever hit the wrong light switch and turned on all of the cabin lights by mistake!!! You only want to make that mistake once!

Janet

I take my big fat sea sponge from Crabtree and Evelyn. Its hard to go back to washcloths after getting used to one of these. I put mine in a mesh bag and hang it with a ribbon to dry after use.

Would like to add, love the baby powder idea Donia, and the clothes pin idea also!!!

But Largin - travelscrapper did say "pack". Your wife must be very small, or else you have a roomy suitcase.

Michael

That was the title however his post said "What is the one "little" think that you cant live w/o and makes your're cruise that much better??"

Archived