What 1 unique item do you pack for you 're cruise ?

travelscrapper

About my travel fan. It is sold by Brookstone and is called Big Breeze. They no longer make it available by website, due to the fact that it is under $30. (This is what I was told by a Brookstone employee when I found one in their store.) The blade part of the fan is no bigger that 3 1/2 - 4 inches in diameter, yet it is quite powerful for it's size. They cost around $25. They are made out of metal, and have a "retro" look. They can even run on batteries.

Can't leave home without it!!

Janet

P.S. I have a picture, but am not very good about linking it. I could e-mail you a picture though. Just let me know at [email]jaydenm_2000@yahoo.com[/email] .

Great ideas. Another thing I love that I bring is a small (crocheted?) purse with a long handle that I can put over my head and arm. It just fits my book, sea pass card and lip stick maybe (6"x8"and flat). I can just throw it on and forget about it, but I have all the stuff I need.

Jen

Cologne for my husband. He is a Computer Engineer in a local hospital and he cannot wear fragrance at work, and I love a man who has LIGHT cologne on (I am not a fan of people who bury themselves in fragrance)... so when we cruise I buy him a bottle of something I love and he wears it for me. He smells so nice :)

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Love the baby powder idea. I use it all the time, but never thought of it for sand. I hate sand on my feet when I put my sandles on. That's a keeper!! Thanks.

We travel with two kids, now 17 and 14 and I always bring an inexpensive baby monitor. They stay in a seperate cabin from us and I rest easier being able to hear what goes on in there and hearing when they come in at night by curfew. Can hear if someone is sick (my son gets bloody noses) or if god forbid, someone unwanted tried to enter their cabin. Just peace of mind.

Also a mini "purse" with a long strap to fit cruise card, chapstick and a mini brush.

Best thing to bring is a good attitude. It vacation, let the little stuff go. Relax and have fun!![/FONT][/COLOR]

A bar of hooks that fit over the door. It is a bar about 3 feet long with about 6 hooks and it fit out on our balcony. We placed the bar over the other end of the sliding door so its right behind the curtain of opposite side of the sliding door that does not movr so you really can not even notice its there. We hung up all of our bathingsuits, coverups, wet tee shirts and they stayed put and dried nicely by the next day without blowing down. This along with the over the door shoe rack worked great with me, my husbnd and 2 daughters all sharing the same room. Otherwise everyones stuff would be hung all over the cabin and bathroom.

I love the shower tub thing I'll have to get one of those. Have been doing the baby powder trick since the kids were little. They got sand in the strangest places and baby powder cleaned it right up. When leaving the beach took the suits off them while wrapped in a towel a little powder and then clean shorts no sand in the car!! We now take our walkie talkies on all trips. I'm an early riser and hit the beach early on our land trips the rest of the group sleeps in. The call me when they are ready for breakfast or I call to let them know I forgot something. Also works great if you split up to do different things. DH has called from fishing boat to tell me they were on the way in and caught fish.
You all have such great ideas. I'm sure I will have a great 1st cruise with all this info.
Stella

Ah -- besides gum, I also prefer to bring my own travel-sized shampoos, conditioner, soap (body gel) and body lotions -- the stuff Princess gives you is terrible.

Try opening one of those horrendous little packages in the shower while your hands are wet.

Impossible (said in the Frenchified manner - Eem-poss-ebehleh).

Over the door hooks. There are never enough hooks to hang robes, wet suits, jackets, ect. A digital lighted alarm clock - easy to see in the dark. Post it notes, for when we travel with friends or family, to leave messages on their doors.

[quote name='sun&sea']About my travel fan. It is sold by Brookstone and is called Big Breeze. They no longer make it available by website, due to the fact that it is under $30. (This is what I was told by a Brookstone employee when I found one in their store.) The blade part of the fan is no bigger that 3 1/2 - 4 inches in diameter, yet it is quite powerful for it's size. They cost around $25. They are made out of metal, and have a "retro" look. They can even run on batteries.

Can't leave home without it!!

Janet

P.S. I have a picture, but am not very good about linking it. I could e-mail you a picture though. Just let me know at [email="jaydenm_2000@yahoo.com"]jaydenm_2000@yahoo.com[/email] .[/QUOTE]
[b]Janet,[/b]
[b]Thanks for the answer. I just found it. I will email you and that would be great if you would email picture to me. There is a Brookstone close to where I live, so I can probably get it there. Sounds like what I have been looking for.[/b]:)

[quote name='lyndabaker'][b]Janet,[/b]
[b]Thanks for the answer. I just found it. I will email you and that would be great if you would email picture to me. There is a Brookstone close to where I live, so I can probably get it there. Sounds like what I have been looking for.[/b]:)[/QUOTE]
[b]Janet,[/b]

[b]I tried to email you but my email came back as undeliverable.[/b]

Well thanks guys! I picked up another idea from you all-LOVE the container with suction cups for the bathroom mirror. Between my mother and I we can really stuff the very small bathroom 'countertop' HA

We always take:
a bungee cord (works great to prop open a balcony door-if you're ever on a ship with a balcony DOOR instead of sliding glass doors) and on a recent trip we tried a shoe oranizer! bought at any local $1 store. hangs nicely in a small closet or on the bathroom door to hold lots of goodies!!

I love this thread! Sure wish I'd seen one similar before my cruises! Lots of great/creative ideas. I'm afraid I don't have anything besides the obvious to contribute (gotta have MY favorite blowdryer and make sure all my "little" credit cards are working properly), but I sure thank everyone for posting their comments. And to largin - the one about your wife is priceless. Ok...maybe a little off base...but one of the most romantic and perhaps spontaneous comments and ya'all know many of us "ladies" just eat that up.:D

P.S. Oops, almost forgot...gotta have at least two bathing suits with matching sarongs...other than that, just need a formal or two. Blowdryer, money, bathing suits, sarongs, formals...I'm good to go! And yes, these are in priority order. :D

We have only been on one cruise, Grand Princess April 2003, and did a little research on what to bring for our first cruise similar to this thread. One suggestion was to bring one of those plug in air-fresheners. We followed that advise, and it turned out to be a great idea. The room was NOT stinky to begin with, but the added "island breeze" Glade Plug-In mad it very nice to walk into the room after a long day. We will be on the Caribbean Princess, Oct 2, and will be bringing same!

Some really great ideas!!! I too, have to have the lighted alarm clock, and my own pillows. I also thought of zip lock bags. I pack WITH them so I have no leaking and they are great for taking that wet bathing suit or dirty smelly socks home. (Nothing like THAT smell when you get home and unpack :eek:

We always bring those stretch telephone cord type key rings. You can get them at most Walgreens and they cost about $2 each. You punch a hole in your sea pass card and run the ring thru the hole. The stretchy thing will fit over your wrist or we always wear ours on our ankle.

Archived