least expensive way to get from FLL airport to Port of Miami?

spitz

I tried booking with Go Shuttle. The trip from FLL to Port of Miami, no problem, $18 per person, the return............134.00 because they do not have vans at the pier waiting. ???????This is what I was told on the phone by a live person. Can this be correct?

I tried booking with Go Shuttle. The trip from FLL to Port of Miami, no problem, $18 per person, the return............134.00 because they do not have vans at the pier waiting. ???????This is what I was told on the phone by a live person. Can this be correct?

134.00???:eek: I would go with the cruiseline transfer in that case!

Not sure who you are sailing with but the transfer is way less

than that....actually a cab is less than that too:eek:

Yes that's correct. The GOShuttle service originates at Ft Lauderdale airport and takes you anywhere you want to go from the airport. They do not offer any shuttle services originating from any other location.

does the Go Shuttle pick passengers up @ hotels 5am to get them to the airport for a 7am departure? Thanks ahead

NO. GOShuttle only picks up passengers at Ft Lauderdale International Airport. They'll drop you off anywhere from that point of origin.

We are a family of five and I've been looking at renting a vehicle in FLL - we fly in the day before our cruise - staying at a hotel overnight and then dropping of our vehicle with either DH dropping us off at the port or if the car rental people ahve a shuttle using that to get us to the port. Renting a car is about $60 including all the taxes charges etc, so for us it works out cheaper I believe. Any opinions on this?

Has anyone used Port of Miami Shuttle before. Just want to hire someone that will be there when they say they will.

Take a pass, they're a transportation broker. They are not responsible for anything. You'll be hard pressed to find any mailing address for them, terms of service etc. Just a middleman, you can do better on your own. ;)

Bequia, you are a gem:)

I have never done this but was wondering about transportation

from a FLL hotel down to the Port of Miami.

Example, I was flying down on the morning I sail..you know I am up

in Jacksonville and the flight is only 50 minutes.

If I change plans and arrive the night before...I am still flying

into FLL and grabbing a cab to the hotel...but to get down to

Miami the next morning. I don't want to go back to the airport to pick

up "GO"...what would you suggest to get to Miami?

Lois, tough question....Gas was $3.12 a gallon today in Miami and it keeps creeping up. You just know cab fares are going to go up as well. We all know cabs from Ft Lauderdale to Miami will set you back $70+. Even an economical car rental isn't the great savings it used to be with the rising fuel prices. Unfortunately GO is the only reasonable alternative, and that's only TO Miami, doesn't help you coming back. It's a shame our rail system is so unreliable, even if it wasn't getting to and from the rail station adds up as well..... I wish I had a better answer for you.....

NO. GOShuttle only picks up passengers at Ft Lauderdale International Airport. They'll drop you off anywhere from that point of origin.

Bequia, thanks so much for all your help! On the GO Shuttle website it says that you can book from the Miami airport or the cruise port if you pre-pay. Do you know if that's still available? It sure would make it easier to get back to FLL, and I'm sure they could fill a shuttle or two :).

Thanks!

Plant, if you are pre-paying..how do they know what time to pick

you up at the ship?

Good question, Lois! I guess you'd have to give them a time and hope the ship is cleared by then :confused: . They'd probably charge for time they spent waiting, too.

We haven't booked our air yet, but I predict we'll be flying into FLL, too, to save $$.

I just read the post about the return GO Shuttle trip from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale costing $134.00. (I really should read the whole thread before replying :rolleyes:!)

Archived