Dress

Soxfan05

Hi Ladies,

I need some advice. I just ordered this dress from Coldwater Creek.

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/W07/Products/Product.aspx?productid=33294&ensembleid=38139&Skn=outlet I just really liked the style and color. I'm going to a 2:00 wedding on October 13 with the reception immediately following at a function facility that is a converted home. Do you think this dress is okay for that or should I go with something more formal?

I'll keep the dress either way. It's perfect to throw on for dinner out or other events so it won't go to waste. Thanks in advance!

I'm on the fence about this one. It's a nice dress and I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it, but personally, I'd wear something a little more formal. There's something about the short sleeves that just isn't dressy or "with it". Sleeveless or 3/4 sleeves would be dressier. But then again, do you have any clue as to the level of dressiness of the other guests?

With the right shoes, handbag, and jewelry, you could dress it up. If you have nice legs, I'd wear black lace stockings and patent pumps. Also, for jewelry, I would not go for dainty and demure - bold would be better and make more of a statement. Some bold onyx jewelry might be very pretty.

Looks appropriate for almost anything.

If you're a WHITE SOX "soxfan" like my DH, the black is perfect :)

This is so sad but I'm not a baseball fan at all. My screenname was entered as joke, by one of my twins (the Red Sox fan) to upset his brother (the Yankees fan). I've always remained blissfully in the middle on the rivalry. :D

I am however rooting for the Red Sox this year but the reasons are purely financial. A local furniture store was running a 12 week special where if you purchased certain items, if the Red Sox win the World Series, you will get them for free. I'll sleep a whole lot better on my expensive new mattress if they do win! LOL

BTW The dress is red.

I'm on the fence about this one. It's a nice dress and I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it, but personally, I'd wear something a little more formal. There's something about the short sleeves that just isn't dressy or "with it". Sleeveless or 3/4 sleeves would be dressier. But then again, do you have any clue as to the level of dressiness of the other guests?

With the right shoes, handbag, and jewelry, you could dress it up. If you have nice legs, I'd wear black lace stockings and patent pumps. Also, for jewelry, I would not go for dainty and demure - bold would be better and make more of a statement. Some bold onyx jewelry might be very pretty.

Well, welcome to the fence- pull up a picket. That's where I've been sitting since I bought the dress. LOL I know what you're saying. The dress is something I know I'll wear- just not sure if it's right for this. I bought it on an evening that it was 80 degrees plus- not fall like.

I want to feel the fabric. That time in October is so rich with vibrant colors I just can't help but feel like I need to have a luxurious fabric in a great jewel tone or black.

I think we all agree it's a great wardrobe builder and something I'll definitely wear- and for $50 it's a bargain!

I'm going to join you on the fence. I think it's the red and the short sleeves that makes me lean towards no, it's not dressy enough. I think the black definitely could be dressy enough.

You bring up a good point about the fabric. That can definitely make a huge difference. I've found that fabrics don't have to be as luxurious in black.

In any case, like you said, it won't go to waste. You will definitely find occasions to wear it. I'm not sure about the wedding though. If this was a Chicago wedding, I'd say no. However, I have a lot of family in Green Bay, been to many weddings up there, and it would be dressy enough for a wedding up there.

I think we all agree it's a great wardrobe builder and something I'll definitely wear- and for $50 it's a bargain!

Exactly!

So wear something else to the wedding, but know that if you don't own something already or if you don't find something you love, in the stores, that this is an "ok" choice. IOW,you won't stand out as someone who's not dressed appropriately, but no one's going to look at you and say, "Wow!" or "How chic!".

Hi Ladies,

I need some advice. I just ordered this dress from Coldwater Creek.

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/W07/Products/Product.aspx?productid=33294&ensembleid=38139&Skn=outlet I just really liked the style and color. I'm going to a 2:00 wedding on October 13 with the reception immediately following at a function facility that is a converted home. Do you think this dress is okay for that or should I go with something more formal?

I'll keep the dress either way. It's perfect to throw on for dinner out or other events so it won't go to waste. Thanks in advance!

Great dress. Red is the best choice for the wedding.

Payd:)

Archived