Electrical Outlet on Emerald

Packman1000

A stupid little question, but is there more than one outlet by the desk on the Emerald Princess? We want to take a digital alarm clock (inside cabin), but don't want to have to unplug it (and reset it) every time my wife has to curl her hair (about 3 times a day). I know about using a power strip, but would rather not have to pack one of those. Is there an outlet anywhere else beside the bathroom?

A stupid little question, but is there more than one outlet by the desk on the Emerald Princess? We want to take a digital alarm clock (inside cabin), but don't want to have to unplug it (and reset it) every time my wife has to curl her hair (about 3 times a day). I know about using a power strip, but would rather not have to pack one of those. Is there an outlet anywhere else beside the bathroom?
For morning alarms, the telephone wake up service is quite reliable. One enters the time for the alarm on your phone and an automated telephone message wakes you when wanted.

We typically take a watch with an internal light and leave it on the nightstand for just telling the time. These can be purchased cheaply and take up a lot less room than the power strip.

We were on Emerald in August and regularly used the socket behind the bed that had the bedside light plugged into it.

This socket however requires a European plug.

My wife had to use it for her hair straighteners as the one on the desk didn't produce the voltage necessary to get the things hot enough.

We took a plug strip too but never had to use it.

Peter

#4 Report Post

Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:29 AM

10,000+ Club

Send a message via AIM to derf5585

Bring a couple of extention cords

0. GPS charger

1. laptop

2. still camera

3. toothbrushes (2)

4. video camera

5. fan

6. noise machine

7. PDA

8. cell phones (2)

9. crok pot

10. Alarm clock

11. Chanukkah tree lights

Need about 14 outlets

Just 1 at the desk and one in the bathroom (both locations have 2 sockets each-one for 110 Amercian style and one for 220 European style plug) we brought a power strip.

Just 1 at the desk and one in the bathroom (both locations have 2 sockets each-one for 110 Amercian style and one for 220 European style plug) we brought a power strip.

There was definitely another behind the bed. I should know as I had to move the bloody bed forward every night to get to it!

Peter

Peter is right there is a socket although a european one behind the bed infact there is two 1 for each bed side lamp

We was in a mini suite and there was also a european socket near the floor by the bathroom door.

We too had to use these for the hair straightners as they wouldnt work using the other outlets

We too had to move the heavy bed

So yes Peter you are right

Tina

ps. Nice seeing you all again Peter on friday

...instead of changing the subject.

There are too many "know alls" who know nothing.

Thanks Tina for confirming what you told me before we boarded Emerald after you.

Peter

PS We really enjoyed Friday night too.

hi, we will be needing to plug my DH cpap in and i was wondering if there was just 1 type of european plug? and does this mean when we stay in barcelona, venice and rhodes that 1 plug fits all???any info is appreciated!:)

Hello, how about taking a battery operated alarm clock? We have one that we take everywhere. They are very reasonable at Wal*Mart or Target, etc. Ours has a night light too. Plus no cord limitations on placement in your cabin. I know this didn't answer your question exactly, but hope it helps, anyway!

Hi,

Simple solution...if there are outlets with different voltages, it can be resolved by just getting plug adaptors from a dept store or TA store prior to departing for your embarcation city.

Then you can enjoy the best of both continents

Ciao for now!!!

Just a little heads up here. You may have a problem with an electric digital alarm clock onboard. We took our digital clock coffee maker and it would not keep the proper time. We have found the analog clocks work fine, but there is something about the digitals that just don't seem to work onboard the ship. So, not sure if this is a good idea or not.

We finally switched to an analog timer on our coffee maker and have had not problems, but gave up on the digital ones.

Archived