Deposit on Future Cruises While Cruising

luv2bnsun

I know I have seen it on here before (I did try searching but did not have any luck) that there is a deposit you can put down on a future cruise while you are on a cruise and they give you a certain amount of time to actually book the specific cruise plus they give you some type of onboard credit. Can anyone fill me in on this perk. Where do you go on the ship to do this? Is it good for NCL and NCLA (i.e., I will be on the NCLA cruise but it would probably be an NCL cruise that I would take in the future). Thanks for your responses!

THere will be a desk in the main lobby of the ship where you take care of this. You put $250 down on a future deposit and they give you $100 on board credit (obc) for the cruise you are presently on. You then have a year to book another cruise and you have to take that cruise within a year. I am not entirely sure about the NCLA connection.

We also had a form inserted in the daily 'paper.' You just fill it out and can either drop it off or give it to the Future Cruise Consultant during office hours. This is a great deal. When you're ready to book, just tell your TA your Latitudes number and that you have a future cruise deposit. The TA then needs to call NCL and have the 'credit' applied. The $250 is good for the deposit for the entire cabin (from 1-4 people).

Note: when you're onboard, each person can purchase up to 4 per cruise.

what happens if you just can't make the time for a cruise within the specified time limit? Do you lose the deposit or is it refundable?

Reservations must be made within 12 months from the date of purchase and you can cruise within 30 months of purchase.

Deposits are only refundable within 30 days of purchase and are transferable for a $50.00 fee.

For information call 1-866-234-0292 ext 1189. To confuse you a little more it says on the Reward statement that the certificates are valid for 18 months then expire. I never looked because I never hold them more than a few months.

We also had a form inserted in the daily 'paper.' You just fill it out and can either drop it off or give it to the Future Cruise Consultant during office hours. This is a great deal. When you're ready to book, just tell your TA your Latitudes number and that you have a future cruise deposit. The TA then needs to call NCL and have the 'credit' applied. The $250 is good for the deposit for the entire cabin (from 1-4 people).

Note: when you're onboard, each person can purchase up to 4 per cruise.

West Coast - I get the impression you are a Canadian as well and I was wondering if you have actually purchased Cruise Rewards from NCL. The documentation says that non US residents need a US Address or US Travel Agent to take part. Is this true? Have any other Canadians purchased Cruise Rewards? It is a great deal and I want to take part. Thanks!

West Coast - I get the impression you are a Canadian as well and I was wondering if you have actually purchased Cruise Rewards from NCL. The documentation says that non US residents need a US Address or US Travel Agent to take part. Is this true? Have any other Canadians purchased Cruise Rewards? It is a great deal and I want to take part. Thanks!

Yes, I'm from Vancouver.

I'm not sure what a Cruise Reward is or if it's the same as (just a different name) a Future Cruise Credit booked onboard.

Onboard the ship, there is a form. It is very clear and easy to book.

You do not need to have a US address. In fact, it appears they encourage all passengers to buy one, regardless where they live.

The cost is $250 charged to your onboard account. In return, they put a credit of $100 onto your onboard account. You then receive a letter from the Future Cruise Consultant that outlines your confirmation and how to book your next cruise when you return home.

Now, here's the (tricky?) part...

If your current cruise was booked via NCL Miami (all US agents book via NCL Miami) then you will have a $250 credit applied to your Latitudes number. If your current cruise was booked via NCL Canada (if you have a Canadian TA and they booked in CDN dollars, then it was booked via NCL Canada), then you will have a $280 (CDN) Credit applied to your Latitudes account. There were also specifics for British (in GBP) and European (in Euro). Note, the info I read stated that NCL adjusts their exchange rate on a quarterly basis.

So, to answer your question, we always book through either a US based TA or NCL (Miami) direct, so our current booking is/was US based.

If you're planning to book something on NCL in the near future, this is a great deal!

In fact, we made the Future Cruise Credit booking last weekend (Sept 24) and have already booked a cruise for next year.

Does anyone know if your future cruise must be equal to or greater than the number of days of the cruise you're currently on.

I received a future cruise certificate from another line while on a 5 nighter and my future cruise certificate stated i had to apply the certificate to another 5 night cruise or longer cruise. Does this work in the same manner or can it be used towards any length of cruise?

• Administrators
If you leave a $250 deposit on board, do you have to book your future reservation through NCL or will they let you apply it to one of the online travel agents.

You can do it through a travel agent -- that was harder when the Cruise Rewards program first began, but now the NCL computers recognize that the deposit from your Cruise Rewards certificate really is sufficient to hold the cabin.

Can you use more than 1 Future Cruise Credit on a cruise? If DH & I each purchase one on our next cruise in 2008, can we then use 2 credits on a cruise in 2009? Just wondering.

Thanks,

PA Cruisers

The application states one per cabin, however, I purchased 3 in July and they credited me the whole $750 on a cruise I took last week.

So I purchased 3 more. :)

For further clairfication- you do NOT have to purchase anything else, for the $100 ship credit. The credits will just cost you $150 each.

Thanks Budget Queen,

We are thinking already about a 2009 cruise with our DD & family, so maybe I will get a jump on savings for that trip. Can I use the certificates for her cabin, or does it only apply to the person's name who is on the certificate?

• 8 months later...
We bought ours one a one-nighter and used it towards a two-nighter.

Well. we were on that two-nighter last month and bought another one. Geesh, these can be addictive. I really like how they give you the OBC on your current cruise. That has to be the best benefit. THere's nothing quite like instant gratification!

There's a lot of confusion over this. These are the rules, downloaded directly from the NCL site:

To redeem your Freestyle Cruise Rewards please call your Travel Professional or NCL at 1-866-234-7352. At time of booking, please notify us or your Travel Professional that your Freestyle Cruise Rewards deposit will be applied to the reservation.

When you charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit to your shipboard account, you will receive a $250 US dollar or $260 Canadian dollar credit based on which office your current cruise was purchased (credit will go in your NCL guest record or NCL Latitudes account); and an instant $100 shipboard credit towards your current cruise.

Your Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit is charged in U.S. dollars. You must be 21 years of age or older to charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards to your shipboard account.

A maximum of four (4) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits may be purchased per person.

Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to your next NCL cruise reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash.

Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit (for all staterooms except Owner's Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas). One (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Owner's Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for reservations made within 12 months from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit within 12 months results in forfeiture. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for sail dates within 30 months from the date of purchase.

You must notify NCL or your Travel Professional that a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be applied at the time of reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability.

Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits cannot be applied to governmental and quasi-governmental taxes and fees and travel protection.

Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits may not be combined with employee, friends family and travel agent rates.

To cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit, you must submit the cancellation in writing and it must be received by NCL in accordance with NCL cancellation policies and procedures. The Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be re-issued minus any cancellation fees, but will retain its original expiration date. If you cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit after its expiration date, it will be forfeited. You are expected to have appropriate travel documentation. Cancellations due to lack of appropriate travel documentation (e.g., improper or expired visas or passports, etc.) will incur applicable cancellation fees.

In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you must comply with the NCL the NCL (Bahamas) Ltd. d/b/a NCL and/or NCL America Inc.'s (together "NCL") Terms and Conditions of the Cruise Brochure

This was the important statement to me:

"Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit (for all staterooms except Owner's Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas). "

On our last cruise in May we bought a cruise reward. 3 weeks later I booked a cruise for Feb 09 and the reward was applied.

We are Canadians,so it is good for us too.

Best part is the $100.00 obc

Here's the link to the cancellation policy. It's kind of long...

You're right - that is long! I'm not in a need to cancel but was wondering if your knew what the cancellation terms for the Future Cruise Reward were (outside of the general cancellation terms).

No worries :)

Thanks!

This is what it says in the general terms:

Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to your next NCL cruise reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash.

I think that's pretty much it -

Archived