Shoe recommendation for dress

skittl1321

I'm SO bad with shoe shopping. Can someone recommend a shoe style that might look good with this dress (can't wear the ones I have on because they are the shoes i wear with my formal dress, and that's strange to also wear them with my casual dress).

http://pics.livejournal.com/skittl1321/pic/00045s8t/s640x480

Thanks!

skittl1321...I like the shoe you have on with the dress! Are they leather? I would chose something either in black or neutral in the style you have on or a single strap mule style. You look joyful in your 'perfect for the Caribbean' dress!!! The dress is the focal point and your shoe will be the compliment.

Have fun!

The dress has pattern and color, so I would stick with a black shoe. Something similar to what you are wearing in the photo, but different enough for you to feel like you are not wearing the same pair of shoes!:)

Being one who prefers to pack light, I see absolutely nothing wrong with wearing the same pair.

I think too many people think others pay that much attention to them, when actually no one will know but you. Unless you have something very eyecatching that can be remembered, say if the shoes were bright purple, no one will recall you wore these before or after with any other dress or pants.

I have to agree that the ones you have on are fine So I wouldn't change it unless you really felt like it and you just wanted a new look.

If you want to just do something different, try white. I don't celebrate labor day; to me its just hogwash to not wear white after that time so I wear white constantly:cool: If you were just looking to buy some shoes, white or one of the other colors in the dress would work.

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L10739822.jpg

(imo the white ones are hot shoes...but the heel is like 4 inches!!)

But, only go for a tall heel if you can handle it. The only place I don't wear heels is in the gym:o But, my understanding is a boat is no were to find out if you can walk in anything thats 3 inches or more;)

-Q

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I guess I'll look for another pair like this one, maybe brown- as there is a lot of brown in the dress, that maybe the photo isn't picking up. I like the idea of a pink wedge, but I tend to be "matchy" so that might be more difficult.

I also want to pack light- but I'm a bit worried about relying on these shoes, as they are very small, and if my feet swell with all the salt, I'm scared they won't fit.

Are metallics still in? Would copper work with this?

First of all, I love it with the shoes you have on. Now on to your question about metallics - they are definitely still in. I have been shoe shopping a lot lately and metallics are everywhere, even in flats. If the dress has a lot of brown in it I think cooper would be great.

I'd pick one of the predominent colours in the dress ( lovely dress by the way) and i'd buy a nice pair of pretty flip flops for day wear or a pair of low mules for a casual evening. I personally wouldnt wear black shoes with that dress, its way too pretty and light for black shoes.... JMHO....

I don't love the black shoes with that dress..the style is OK but i would do a lighter color...

metallics are almost always IN when it comes to shoes...take it with you shoe shopping and see what looks good....you may be surprised.....

Archived