All things Monarch of the Seas

That is good news! Wow Radiance on short sailings.

It will be interesting to see what they charge for a 4 night........vs the 4 night on the Monarch.

One thing for sure..........the Radiance has a better layout for an OS than the Monarch. That is about the darkest, dingiest OS on the fleet. Example.........in a GS on the Monarch........you can close the bedroom off from the rest of the cabin.........hence, someone can read in the living room area while not disturbing anyone in the bedroom area. In the OS on the Monarch...........the privacy is gone.

I have never had an issue with the RS on the Monarch, except the couch is so narrow........it's hard to keep from falling off when wanting to lay down and read. The cabin layout is very good for the amount of space given, and the colors are bright. The shower is kind of a joke, but as long as there is hot water........and the steward is willing to wipe the excess water from the bathroom floor......it's a great cabin.

Rick

Hello Jean!

Hope your doing well, looks like it from the Cruises showing.

How about a Halloween Cruise 10/27/09 on the Jewel? 10 day Repo starting in Boston, ending in Miami. They have a huge thread running already, 40 pages and over 120 people so far- unbelievable group - the Royal Jewels! Think about it!

Dennis

Hey, Dennis, good to see you again! Hmmm, will have to give it some thought. We do love the Jewel!

Carrie, grab 8038! It's one of the unobstructed obstructed category I Deck 8 cabins!

2228772470046215528S600x600Q85.jpg

:D

From a Hoosier transplant--- I would take either of the cabins on deck eight. We just had 8038 and the view was only barely obstructed. Not bad at all. We would much rather be up high ( on 8) than down on deck 2, because we are much closer to all the action.:D

Thanks to both of you. 8038 is actually what the travel agent has on hold for us. We have until the 12th to decide and put a deposit down.

cyscopup- I was just in Queen Creek for Spring Break! My aunt and uncle moved there about 1 1/2 years ago.

Thanks to both of you. 8038 is actually what the travel agent has on hold for us. We have until the 12th to decide and put a deposit down.

cyscopup- I was just in Queen Creek for Spring Break! My aunt and uncle moved there about 1 1/2 years ago.

Where in Indiana are you from? Have you been to the Indiana cruisers board on here?

Anyone catch the America's Port TV show on the National Geographic Channel last night? Primarily featured the Monarch coming into LA harbor. Pretty interesting, especially the close call with the container ship:eek: . Sure doesn't pay to bring any illegal substances with you - them dogs are good!

Looks like it will re-air on Sunday May 11 at 3pm

Where in Indiana are you from? Have you been to the Indiana cruisers board on here?

I am in McCordsville (just 1 minute- if that- from Indpls)

I have not been to the Indiana cruisers board. I didn't even know that existed! Yesterday was my first day on the boards and I read through the Monarch page and the Dec 29 cruise page and that was as far as I got. I will go find it and take a look!

Can we 'hope' that it is a Radiance class ship? :D

I think that you are going to have a problem "wishing for" a Radiance class ship, IF what you want is the return of 3 & 4 day cruises.

I don't think that RC wants their Radiance class vessels beat up like that. To my mind, a Vision class is more likely.

JMO, of course. YMMV.

:)

Yes! They are giving us the Radiance! It may not be the traditional 3-4 day run, but I am going to love this one! :D

I am in McCordsville (just 1 minute- if that- from Indpls)

I have not been to the Indiana cruisers board. I didn't even know that existed! Yesterday was my first day on the boards and I read through the Monarch page and the Dec 29 cruise page and that was as far as I got. I will go find it and take a look!

Here is a link to the site for you...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=410649

My in-laws live in Giest, so not too far from you.

Here is a link to the site for you...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=410649

My in-laws live in Giest, so not too far from you.

What a small world! Part of McCordsville is on Geist (not my part:( ). How funny that your family lives right be me and mine by you!

Thanks for the link. I looked for it earlier and couldn't find it!

Has anyone been on deck 2 in an outside cabin that is under the dining room? There are several in our party and we all have cabin assignments in this area, so I was wondering about noise factor.

Thanks in advance.

Vicki

Hey, Dennis, good to see you again! Hmmm, will have to give it some thought. We do love the Jewel!

Ship is booking fast, hope you guys can make it. Should be a nice relaxing Cruise with 10 days and only four stops - San Juan, St. Thomas, St Croix and Aruba- plus five sea days mixed in. Plus a wild Halloween Party for sure!

Dennis & Wendy

Ship is booking fast, hope you guys can make it. Should be a nice relaxing Cruise with 10 days and only four stops - San Juan, St. Thomas, St Croix and Aruba- plus five sea days mixed in. Plus a wild Halloween Party for sure!

Dennis & Wendy

Well, now that Radiance will be home ported in San Diego for a bit in 2009, we're going to sail on her instead. There's a lot to be said for not having to fly to port, after all, and she's our second favorite ship behind the Jewel. We'll miss you, but hope to cruise with you again some day!

For all of you who cruise on the Monarch, and just LOVE Danney League the Loyalty Ambassador, we have received some wonderful news from Danney! He will NOT be coming back to the Monarch OTS after his vacation, but will be joining the Mariner OTS in Florida!

Merion Mom, you got your wish!!

Anyone catch the America's Port TV show on the National Geographic Channel last night? Primarily featured the Monarch coming into LA harbor. Pretty interesting, especially the close call with the container ship:eek: . Sure doesn't pay to bring any illegal substances with you - them dogs are good!

Such a cool show! I had no idea when I set the dvr to record it last week that it would feature so much of the Monarch. Loved watching how the drug and explosives dogs work.

Can you imagine being one of the passengers stuck outside the harbor while the port police divers are checking the hull for bombs? :eek:

Just set the DVR to record, thanks for this! We'll be meeting her on Monday.

Such a cool show! I had no idea when I set the dvr to record it last week that it would feature so much of the Monarch. Loved watching how the drug and explosives dogs work.

Can you imagine being one of the passengers stuck outside the harbor while the port police divers are checking the hull for bombs? :eek:

Yeah, that would suck waiting for clearance from the police - but better safe than sorry as the saying goes. Also, the underwater hull search off Catalina was a little un-nerving. Hopefully the crew advised the passengers that this was a standard search procedure (good training too!). Would be a little wierd being on shore and looking out seeing helicopters and police boats circling around your ship if you didn't know what was going on.

I'm a newbie to CC, but not to cruising - been on 3 already! :cool: Maybe some of you know two other CC'ers: mamakaiz and papakaiser. They happen to be my mama and papa. :) If you're curious about the screen name, watch the movie Necessary Roughness; "manu manu" means "runt of the litter" :p

Anyway, I'm getting married to my lovely fiancee on June 27, 2009. We wanted a 7-day cruise as a honeymoon, but alas, they all leave the day of or the day after our wedding. But we found another option: a back-to-back on the Monarch starting on June 29. This will be my 4th cruise on RC, but DF's 1st cruise ever. It's up to me to be the ambassador! :D

So if you see a 6'6" blonde guy walking around with his (much) better half, stop and say hello :)

God bless!

Joe

Has anyone been on deck 2 in an outside cabin that is under the dining room? There are several in our party and we all have cabin assignments in this area, so I was wondering about noise factor.

Thanks in advance.

Vicki

Hi Vicki,

I'm looking for an answer to this question as well as we are in the same situation with 16 family members sailing 6/23 all booked on deck 2 with outside rooms. Hopefully we'll get some info! ;)

Thanks for the heads up!! We have our Tivo set to record this today!!

Rick

Anyone have a recent cruise compass for the 3 day? We sail on 7/11 and we are traveling with a group and we are having a pre-cruise party to plan a few things (it's my wife's 40th b-day).

Thanks in adavance.

Archived