QE2 Passenger Laundry Room

RMVET

I found using the laundry first thing in the morning was a good time (if you can get up early that is) Be outside the door when they open it up. Also, dont restrict yourself to the laundry on your floor - the higher up you go the more luck you can have! Generally, the laundry was a great place to be, with lots of laughs - someone even suggested we should bring cocktails to the next laundry session! I did hear there had been a nasty incident when someone took a ladies dry laundry out of the dryer........it is best to stay with your stuff and ignore any dirty looks you get for using two washing machines (one for coloureds and one for whites) take a travel line if you have a verandah and you dont like putting all your clothes in the dryer.

I found using the laundry first thing in the morning was a good time (if you can get up early that is) Be outside the door when they open it up. Also, dont restrict yourself to the laundry on your floor - the higher up you go the more luck you can have! Generally, the laundry was a great place to be, with lots of laughs - someone even suggested we should bring cocktails to the next laundry session! I did hear there had been a nasty incident when someone took a ladies dry laundry out of the dryer........it is best to stay with your stuff and ignore any dirty looks you get for using two washing machines (one for coloureds and one for whites) take a travel line if you have a verandah and you dont like putting all your clothes in the dryer.

Does the QE2 have a laundry on each deck? From the deck plans, it looks like there is only one passenger laundry on the ship.

Does the QE2 have a laundry on each deck? From the deck plans, it looks like there is only one passenger laundry on the ship.

RMVET,

Only one I know of is right aft on the starboard side of 3 deck, next door to the florists. If there are any others I failed to find them. From the mention of a balcony I suspect Nellie7 may have been referring to the QM2

Jimmy

RMVET,

Only one I know of is right aft on the starboard side of 3 deck, next door to the florists. If there are any others I failed to find them. From the mention of a balcony I suspect Nellie7 may have been referring to the QM2

Jimmy

I certainly hope she was referring to QM2. I cannot imagine anyone hanging a clothesline on a Queens Grill balcony on QE2--the butler might jump overboard in protest. :eek:

Kathy

I cannot imagine anyone hanging a clothesline on a Queens Grill balcony on QE2-

On QE2 in Cabin 2130 it had a retractable hanging line, In fact lm not which caused more excitement the line or the bath, both were equally impressive and the talk of the table one night:eek: It was an interesting table l might add:)

Don't all QE2's cabins with a bath have retractable hanging lines?

Yep, same one I tried to hang you with. They snap if you put too much weight on them.;)

We normally have one in our Q2s. I believe there is also one in 8081.

Not that I've ever used it!

Matthew

Why bother with the laundry?

A frind of mine has a far better system; get your laundry done by the ship and charge it to your room mate.

It works well I am told and saves so much time.

That's all very well, but doesn't work with wives....

Everything she signs for comes bouncing back on my card.

Having said that, she doesn't sign much. She prefers me to make the effort writing!

Matthew

[quote name='happyscot']Ah! You take photos of washing machines.

Loony alert.
[SIZE=7]Bwaaaaaaaah[/SIZE]
[SIZE=7]Bwaaaaaaaah[/SIZE]
[SIZE=7]Bwaaaaaaaah[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

OK, second attempt at this post..

NO. I take FOUR photos of washing machines and then spend HOURS editing them together into a panoramic view of the laundry room. And your point was?

Regards, Colin.

Archived