Coco Cay

I would just like to add that this stop is sometimes missed due to high seas as you must be tendered over.

We missed it last Monday and went to San Juan instead.

We were supposed to be there last Sunday and they went on by because of 40 knots wind. They said too dangereous to tender in.

We just had an extra day at sea.

I have a Cruise Map for both CocoCay and Labadee. Unfortunately, for CocoCay, the Google satellite data is not very good, but you can see the island and even a ship anchored off the coast. You can zoom out to get a perspective of where the island is compared to the rest of the Bahamas. Also shown on the map is another island used by Norwegian Cruise Lines.

Labadee has much better satellite imagery, and I've marked several points of interest. You can also zoom out and see where it is located on the north shore of Haiti. There is a Voyager class ship at anchor in Labadee. One day I'm hoping someone will send me the coordinates of the new zip line, so I can add that in as well! :) (Unless I get there first!)

Cruise Map of CocoCay

Cruise Map of Labadee

Theron

On the far east end is great fishing. I always bring a spinning rod and walk up there to fish. There are a couple of chairs and sometimes nudists. The water is real deep. I fish near where the glass bottom boat goes and drops bait to attach fish.

Watch our for those sea gulls, especially if there hasn't been a boat there in a few days. One of my tablemates had his hambuger snatched right out of his hand when he was sitting on the beach. The iguanas are so cool. Coco Cay is my most favorite place on earth so far. I'd go back in a heart beat!

Archived