How do you organize a CC get together on Board?

Andar

:rolleyes: I have been on several cruises where we have been able to meet other roll call people from CC. Some were very informal and some were in the daily schedules and had a hosts.

We are doing a Thanksgiving cruise and the board is starting to get lively. I heard that in order to be an offical cc meeting, there must be 25 people sign up - sign up where?

How would we go about dong an organized get togerhter?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Obviously, someone else did all the work on my previous cruises as I just enjoyed everyones company.

Celebrity gave us a private room for our meet and greet as well and had beverages and snacks available when we cruised Alaska. Believe we needed 25 people. However, we tried to get something going with NCL for our recent Hawaii cruise, and they were going to charge us per person for appetizers, soft drinks, etc. It was too much hassle to get everyone's approval to pay the charges and try to put it all together. What we ended up doing was through our roll call, set a meeting place and time (after the muster drill) to meet. Before hand, we posted what we would be wearing so we could identify each other (sports hat; t-shirt with some kind of logo, etc.), and this worked out well for us. We had about 20-25 of us meet for drinks and we all got a chance to introduce ourselves. It really made the trip enjoyable as we would keep bumping into one another throughout the cruise. Hope this helps you out some.

We usually decide on our CC roll call where and when we'll meet. Last cruise, we met by the aft pool before muster drill and were wearing leis to recognize each other. The cruise before that, we met on sailing day after muster drill and the following two sea days in the morning, all by the aft pool.

Megr1125, we are on the Golden Princess. I looked at the roll call board but didn't see where to sign up. Are we signing up with CC or the ship? I remember signing up on one of our other cruises but the link was in someone's post.

If we can't figure out how to do an "official" one, we will meet informally as that is always fun.

I am still holding out hope we can get some information on how to organize an "offical cc meet and greet" as it was nice tohave the snacks and drinks provided by the ship.

Anyone have ideas??

Hi,

I just planned one for our cruise on the Westerdam. I took the roll call information. Contacted HAL, they in turn contacted me back and set of the whole thing. Including coffee and danish!

So my advice is to just contact the cruise line you are on and ask.

Nicki

Andar,

You'll need to contact the person in charge of meetings/events onboard. For the Golden, that's Jan James. jjames@princesscruises.com

You can also contact the cruise director once onboard (not sure who that is). BTW, I'm on the same ship/cruise, except one week before (I'll be getting off when you're getting on).

Andar,

You'll need to contact the person in charge of meetings/events onboard. For the Golden, that's Jan James. jjames@princesscruises.com

You can also contact the cruise director once onboard (not sure who that is). BTW, I'm on the same ship/cruise, except one week before (I'll be getting off when you're getting on).

Andar,

As Dani said/implied, Princess doesn't do "official" meet/greets, where you sign up online, and get an invitation in your mailbox. The way Princess does it, you contact Jan (for the Golden), and she'll set up a time/place for you to meet. Let her know you want a "no-host" bar set up; that will provide a bartender that people can use (paying on their own cruise cards), and probably some nuts/chips type snack dishes (small bowls on each table - not something large; think chex mix type small glass dishes).

If you like, someone on your roll call can research bars and patters to figure out the best time/place to meet - I've found that around 11 on the first sea day seems to work pretty well.

If you do contact Jan, make sure that you have talked with others on your roll call, and have at least a few that want to meet. On the Grand, we had about 30 who came together, and had a no-host bar in an inside bar (the Wheelhouse, I think). On the Royal, we were much smaller (maybe 8 total at the meet/greet), and so just agreed to meet at the pool bar at a certain time - we used the bartenders there, and had no snacks provided.

I just organized the M&G for the Crown Princess for November 3rd. We are having it on sail day (2nd day on cruise) in Skywalkers at 10AM after breakfast. I emailed Coleen Reyes, who is the group coordinator for the Crown, requested the space I wanted and the time, gave her the head count, and asked for a no host bar with dry snacks. I gave a head count of 75 based on the acitivity on our roll call, and so far we are at 60 pax.

She is at creyes@princesscruises.com

Have a great time on your cruise!

Thanks for all the info. That link and suggestions was exactly what I was looking for. I don't know if there will be enough as the Thanksgiving week often has so many family groups but we will see as we get closer. At least I have more insight now. Thanks so much.

Andar suggest holding it around 10 am so that the parents can drop the kiddies off at the children's club. Ask on your roll call if 10 am in Skywalker's would be good on your first sea day. This will allow everyone their voice. Then just have everyone sign up, state that you would like at least 25 people and that you could arrange for bar service (buy your own). Go for it. Have fun.

I just organized the M&G for the Crown Princess for November 3rd. We are having it on sail day (2nd day on cruise) in Skywalkers at 10AM after breakfast. I emailed Coleen Reyes, who is the group coordinator for the Crown,

How do you find out who is the coordinator for a particular ship, specifically the Star Princess?

How do you find out who is the coordinator for a particular ship, specifically the Star Princess?

This is the current list as I have it - note the two different emails for Berna - I'm not sure which is right.

Grand and Island Princess - Sue Tieman - stieman@princesscruises.com

Star Princess - Sergio Lopez - slopez@princesscruises.com

Coral, Crown Princess - Coleen Reyes - creyes@princesscruises.com

Diamond and Sun Princess - Diana Hall - dhall@princesscruises.com

Pacific, Tahitian, Royal Princess - Jan James - jjames@princesscruises.com (on medical leave as of July 2007 – send to Berda Davis – per email)

Regal and Sapphire Princess - Jenny Streeck - jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Caribbean and Sea Princess - Berda Davis - bdavis@princesscruises.com

Golden, Dawn, Emerald Princess - Berna Grayer - bgrayer@princesscruises.com / bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Thanks friend of Eyore, that is a great list.

CaptData I did follow your advice and recommended Skywalker's.

You guys are great!:D

Hi Andar-We have organized 5 m&m's on various Princess ships.:eek: The tips have been spot on.:D Glad you asked the question. ;) All Princess m&m are no host meaning drinks are on the cruise card. Some snacks are provided. 1st sea day works for most.:) Have fun, Paul & Trudi cruising New England on the Crown Princess.

This is the current list as I have it - note the two different emails for Berna - I'm not sure which is right.

Grand and Island Princess - Sue Tieman - stieman@princesscruises.com

Star Princess - Sergio Lopez - slopez@princesscruises.com

Coral, Crown Princess - Coleen Reyes - creyes@princesscruises.com

Diamond and Sun Princess - Diana Hall - dhall@princesscruises.com

Pacific, Tahitian, Royal Princess - Jan James - jjames@princesscruises.com (on medical leave as of July 2007 – send to Berda Davis – per email)

Regal and Sapphire Princess - Jenny Streeck - jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Caribbean and Sea Princess - Berda Davis - bdavis@princesscruises.com

Golden, Dawn, Emerald Princess - Berna Grayer - bgrayer@princesscruises.com / bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Excellent! Thank you.

Archived