Credit card information on princess site

SEA SOUNDS

I really do not feel comfortable entering my credit card information on the princess website where you need to fill out all your imigration, passport and emergency contact information prior to the cruise. I would rather wait until I check in and give this information to a person (face to face). Does anyone know if you can do that?? (wait and do it when you check in)? I have already been haunted by identity theft once, so I am very careful with my credit card information. Thanks in advance for all your help.

The part of their website that you enter your immigration/credit card info is a secure site. Secure sites will start with https: in the address bar.

I don't particularly like doing that either, but it is required in order to print your e-docs (I did try without, but it wouldn't let me).

Sorry to hear that you've had problems in the past. It's good to be careful and it's a good idea to check your credit report frequently for suspicious activity.

The site is secure. You enter your entire cc, just like for online purchases. We've never had a problem with secure purchases. The print out (boarding pass) doesn't have the complete number on it. It's no different than handing your card to someone in a store. You do that right?

Did you know that if someone does use your cc without your consent, you are only responsible for the first $50? It's easy to cancel and no one can steal your identity based solely on a cc number, so it's really not that big of a risk anyway.

You're more likely to have problems handing a card to someone than you are on a secure website. Most people's identity is not stolen online. You're much more likely to have a problem with an unscrupulous individual waiting on your table in a restaurant or checking you out in a store than you are online.

I really do not feel comfortable entering my credit card information on the princess website where you need to fill out all your imigration, passport and emergency contact information prior to the cruise. I would rather wait until I check in and give this information to a person (face to face). Does anyone know if you can do that?? (wait and do it when you check in)? I have already been haunted by identity theft once, so I am very careful with my credit card information. Thanks in advance for all your help.

I never give it to them. I have even put in all X's or 0's and it took it. I figure they will get it when I report in. They really do not need it that far in advance. They certainly will not put an authorization on it when you enter it on their site.

I never give it to them. I have even put in all X's or 0's and it took it.

that seems to be a good idea.....I have heard you can now get what is called a pre-paid credit card ( a bit like a debit card ) where you can put any amount in eg $20 and you pay a small fee to open the card but you at least have a credit card you can legally use and will give you peace of mind as not much can be stolen from it. I did hear that cruise lines are not too keen on this kind of card...but as its legal, I would think they have to accept it.

I've left it blank the last three times I've cruised. I just print out the forms and fill them by hand. At the port they don't even look at those. They take my passport (I do fill in the Passenger info so that they can do their Immigration paperwork) and my credit card at the port and they give me a cabin cardkey. One time the folks letting you go to in the check inline needrd paperwork and I showed them the hand filled form.

I think even if you fill in the cc info, they still have to swipe your card and many change the one they are using at the last minute. So I think it is a step that gains little but might put you at risk. I mean even if the link is secure, the info can be stolen once Princess has it. just my two cents.

Cheers!

The most vulnerable time for CC theft is when you give it to a restaurant server who takes it away to a nice dark place for copying!!!:p

I recently returned from a trip to Europe where most of the bistros and cafes are more advanced. they bring a portable swipe machine to your table. The cc never leaves your sight.

I understand a few U.S. restaurants have begun using them, but I haven't been to one yet.

We use our credit card with everything possible to get the points. We've had problems two times with people buying a computer, clothing and an airline ticket using our credit card number. Both times we were able to find out that it was with two different online travel agencies that we booked our cruises with. (Both big agencies) The last one held onto our info for almost a year and then used it when we were on our cruise in Hawaii!!!

Archived