Special Occasions

Dee777

We will be sailing on the Valor on Jan.6/08, and I had a quick question for anyone who may know:

My inlaws will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, and my husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at the time of the cruise. Is there anything special we can request in the diningroom to celebrate with? Special desserts, etc? I saw on Carnival's website that you can pre-order cakes, but nothing there really appealed. Thanks to anyone who can give me more info!

:)Dee

All the decorations and cakes now cost money. They will give you one slice to celebrate free.

We had 3 birthdays at our large table. There are always lots celebrating something.

I think you are pretty much on your own. Order a special bottle of wine?

Actually, the cakes look better in real life than on Carnival's site. We ordered one last cruise to celebrate 4 kid's birthdays (only 2 were mine) The cake was large enough to serve the 7 of us, with a lot leftover. (we gave it to our waiters - very appreciated by them) It is cute how the wait staff and maitre-d sing. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary also (it is actually in June, but will celebrate in April on the Freedom cruise -close enough!!) I was thinking about vow renewal, but it is too expensive - will be just the 2 of us, and our 2 teens. I am thinking of having the cabin decorated, and bringing a nice bottle of something on board to use on our balcony.

We just celebrated my in-laws 50th wedding anniversery on our last cruise. We ordered the room decorations for them and they were so beautiful. They were gold and silver and filled the whole room. They also threw in some chocolate covered strawberries. The room was all decorated as they opened their door. We also ordered a cake for 8 people and they served it the first night in the dining room. I was happy with the service. :) ( Carnival Fascination- but I am sure its all the same )

DH and I celebrated our 30th anniversary on the Celebration last May. Before we left, I ordered a chocolate cake for that day and assumed it would be delivered to our cabin. At dinner, it was brought to the table and alot of the waiters sang to us. The cake was large enough to serve our whole table of 8 and was quite delicious. I would recommend it highly.

We also ordered a medium-sized floral arrangement for the cabin and it was beautiful. It was waiting for us when we boarded and lasted the whole cruise -- birds of paradise. Would also recommend it. In fact, we have already ordered an arrangement for our 12/22/07 Glory cruise.

Have a great cruise:D

Our anniversary is in December, bute we are taking our cruise to celebrate it in November. Something we have planned for 25 years. Will they do something even thought is is a couple weeks off? Also, I knew about the cakes etc.. but not the decorations. How's the cost on that kind of stuff?

Thanks to all of you for your answers, I think I will be ordering room decorations for the in-laws, and a couple cakes for all of us (there will be 17 in all), which leads me to THIS question... (gosh, I am SO dumb about this cruising thing, never having been on one yet!): In the dining room, when you are seated, with a group as large as ours, will we be seated together or at different tables? I appreciate your patience with me, I am sure I can find this out searching the messages, and I think I will have some time to do this today for once!

I am very apprehensive about the whole cruise thing, for many reasons, and am desperately hoping that this will be a great experience for all of us so that we may want to do it again, hopefully just my husband and myself alone :D!

Thank you once again, it is appreciated more than you will know!

Dee

DEE777 - I'm brand new to cruising too, and I'm loving these message boards. I'm sure that most cruisers that use them want to share their experiences, good and bad, and don't mind the questions of us newbies. Ask on, cause I'm reading and learning.

:D

DEE777 - I'm brand new to cruising too, and I'm loving these message boards. I'm sure that most cruisers that use them want to share their experiences, good and bad, and don't mind the questions of us newbies. Ask on, cause I'm reading and learning.

:D

In line with the thread--DD (cruzmonkey) celebrated her birthday on departure day and I had the room decorated, ordered her a corona gift pack, and chocolate covered strawberries. The happiness on her face was worth every penny.

Second==another good way to find answers to your questions is to go to recent rollcalls and asked there. We just got off the Carnival Legend Sunday so you can get up to the minute answers. Just keep doing it each week until you cruise. You are going to have the best time ever.

cruzmonkeys DD

Archived