Ship Shape Dollars

house7

How come RCCL doesn't tell people about the ship shape dollars? We found out on our first cruise and collected them. On this past cruise we took our two youngest and they collected them. They were so pleased about trading them in for stuff. I found that most people notice around the third day and then start showing up at everything. May sound silly wanting to get the RCCL logo stuff but the kids find the golf/workout towel great for their skates.

Yes, I've also noticed shipshape dollars explained in Compasses onboard different ships. There's so much to read, you might have missed the small print? :) I agree the kids love to collect them. I use to do a lot of activities (when I was younger), and give them to kids onboard. They LOVED to receive them.

Just collect them, we saved for 4 cruises before redeeming

Do they expire? I did not walk the mile on the last day when I would have started collecting because I thought they were only trade-in capable for that cruise. Besides I twisted my ankle in Nassau the night before and needed to be careful not to make it any worse...(No I did not see the ships doctor, took care of myself and still am a couple of days later.)

Next cruise is scheduled as 5 night so the goal it to collect at least 12 dollars or more per family member. We may change out the cruise for a 10 night in which case I need the exercise or have to curtail some of my eating. I should do well collecting dollars on a 10 night cruise.

The dollars are a nice program.

We just got off the Liberty OTS and RCL no longer uses shipshape dollars, they are using vitality credits instead. You accumulate the same as shipshape dollars. So previous shipshape dollars are no longer valid, we had a least 15 that are now useless.

We just got off the Liberty OTS and RCL no longer uses shipshape dollars, they are using vitality credits instead. You accumulate the same as shipshape dollars. So previous shipshape dollars are no longer valid, we had a least 15 that are now useless.

I read that the new ships are doing vitality credits instead of shipshape dollars, but it may take awhile for all the ships to switch over. We just sailed on the Monarch of the Seas (9/28) and received lots of the shipshape dollars. To echo other posters here, the information regarding earning and redeeming them is in the Cruise Compass.

I read that the new ships are doing vitality credits instead of shipshape dollars, but it may take awhile for all the ships to switch over. We just sailed on the Monarch of the Seas (9/28) and received lots of the shipshape dollars. To echo other posters here, the information regarding earning and redeeming them is in the Cruise Compass.

I had been saving mine from several cruises--hoping they would change the tshirt (the one they have now is my least favorite of the all) and I had over 100. Cashed in some last cruise but still have 50-60. I HOPE they don't expire!

We earned Shipshape Dollars on the Explorer last week. I'm doing a VERY DETAILED review, and here is what I have:

Shipshape Dollars: This is the first time I’ve collected shipshape dollars. They are not exactly equitable in the way they are given out. For example, this 67-year-old woman (me) got one buck for a 45-minute session of kickboxing, whereas you can get one buck just for showing up for the 8:30 and/or 5:00 walk. The guy distributing them didn’t care whether we walked or not. In fact, one “brisk” afternoon he actually gave us our bucks and told us not to finish our five laps (one mile).

For those of you who are new to this, as I was, you might want to have this information. The Cruise Compass listed the morning walk at 8:30 at Skylab Lounge on deck 12. I thought that meant we would MEET there, and I waited for some group to gather. Then somehow I found that we don’t meet; we just start walking laps and a staff member is stationed beside the Skylab to distribute the bucks. He or she is not there for an extended time; so you should be there no later than 10 minutes after the listed time for the walk. You can do your mile before or after you collect your buck.

On the last day of the cruise, you redeem your bucks up on deck 13. Here’s how many you need:

Key chain 1 buck

Neck lanyard 4 bucks

Carobiner 7 bucks

Sport bottle 12 bucks

Sport towel 14 bucks

Viser 15 bucks

T-shirt 18 bucks

Backpack 20 bucks

The cost of stuff depends on how long the cruise is. I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that that Explorer cruise was a 9 dayer ... thus higher prices than Mariner.

I have always redeemed my dollars every cruise ... keeping track of those things seems like a little too much work for a t-shirt or even a backpack. Besides ... I've always been able to redeem for multiple items I'd like (last time I got 2 backpacks, t-shirt, etc).

doing JOS March 2008. What kind of actrivities do I need to do to earn $$. \for a tee shirt. We will be on an 8 dayer. Do you get $$$ fo eating off the healthy menu???? I can walk, but not much else athletically.

You can walk at 8:30 and again at 5:00.

The "Sit to be Fit" would be suitable.

No bucks for healthy eating.

Can you do stretches? They have a stretch class every morning that is quite nice. (And if you attend and just do what you can and skip anything you feel you can't do, you'll still get the buck.)

They even gave a buck for attending a class on how to play the piano. I couldn't believe that! And I was sore for five days after the kick-boxing class!!

There was a buck given out for speed climbing the rock wall. I did not participate due to an ankle injury, really I should have just pushed thru the pain and healed this week. I saw family games by the pool for a buck as well. Lots of options.

I believe the tee-shirts were selling for 12 shipshape dollars on Monarch's 3 day cruise.

You can earn shipshape dollars by participating in tournaments on the sports deck, i.e., basketball free-throw, basketball knock-out, ping-pong, and dodgeball. The amount awarded in tournaments coincides with 1st, 2nd, and

3rd place winners, but everyone gets a dollar for participating. Check the cruise compass for tournament times. They usually have to be redeemed the afternoon of the last day of the cruise.

It all depends on the lenght of the cruise you are on. On our recent 14 nites Alaska cruise, t-shirts were 18. On our other two 7 nites cruises cruises earlier this year, they were 14. The Cruise Director's staff in the redemption area confirmed that the value required for most items changed with the lenght of the cruise. The only item that didn't change was the key fob at $1. They also had a redemption time half way through the cruise on day 8 as well as the time on the last afternoon on board..

Archived