travel hair dryers, Recommendations?

vmom

I've never had that problem. It may be the way you are blow drying your hair and not the dryer itself. I know that is absolutely not what you want to read, but you just may be holding the dryer too close to your head :o There is always an air intake and your hair is being sucked in that way, the travel dryers are just so much shorter than typical home blow dryers. But all of them have to have an air intake, you may want to look for one with a mesh cover over the intake.

I have 2 or 3 that I use, one is an Andis:

http://www.andis.com/USA/products.asp?Div=Consumer&Product=Hair%20Dryer

The other is Conair:

http://www.conair.com/hair-dryers-compact-hair-dryers-c-1_7_69.html

Both are available to the public for purchase. Make sure you buy electrical tools that are useable worldwide, I know some are not able to adapt even with a converter to other countries currents.

I kind of like this one, I use the directional tool when I dry my hair:

30305LG.jpg

Travel dryers will have short nozzles, too--which is why your hair gets caught--mine does, too! Just bring the dryer you use at home. They don't weigh that much and will fit in the corner of your suitcase. Your hair will be happier!

I have a Sharper Image travel dryer. I have straight and not very thick hair, but it gives me plenty of volume and dries quickly.

I have very thick curly hair, and I have the SI travel dryer too, the ionic one. I've finally come to terms with the curls, so I just put a sock-type diffuser over it and dry it gently, but it does the job quickly. When I was trying to have straight hair it did a good job as well.

Archived