How do we get our rooms near each other?

ohmissfl

My husband and I are going on Grandeur of the Seas on 4/12/08. We already have our room number. We also have two friends that signed up but they don't have a room assigned yet. We also have another couple who are going to sign up (eventually!) and maybe another one or two. My question is this--how do we get our rooms next to each other? We are doing all of our reservations online--so I'm a bit confused. Anyone out there that can help me? :confused:

if you all are booking guarantee cabns there is no way to assure that. you can have your reservations linked (you need the other reservation numbers) that way you will be seated together...otherwise you just have to look at the available cabins...and/or call RC and ask if there are other cabins open near yours...sometimes, but not always, there are cabins open that do not show up on line.

hth

You need to call RCI with the reservation numbers. They will tell you what adjacent cabins they have available. You can change your room, within the same category, if necessary, to an area where there are several cabins in row. (We had to do this on our last cruise - we originally booked a D1 quad, and then decided we wanted two cabins, a balcony for my husband and I, and an inside across the hall for the kids. All the insides near our original D1 were taken, so we moved to a D3 that had an nearby inside available, and we weren't charged for changing even though the cruise fare had gone up since we booked.)

As the above poster said, this will not work if the other party booked a guarantee, since the reason guarantees are cheaper is that they are randomly assigned.

You have to pay for it. Since you mention your friends have not had their cabin number assigned, they must have booked a guarantee to save money. If you want to book next to each other you need to pay to book specific cabins.

Yes, the friends would have to pay to upgrade from a guarantee category to an assigned cabin category. But a lateral movement form one assigned cabin to another in the same category can be done without charge.

My husband and I are going on Grandeur of the Seas on 4/12/08. We already have our room number. We also have two friends that signed up but they don't have a room assigned yet. We also have another couple who are going to sign up (eventually!) and maybe another one or two. My question is this--how do we get our rooms next to each other? We are doing all of our reservations online--so I'm a bit confused. Anyone out there that can help me? :confused:
If your friends do not have a cabin number yet it sounds like they have what is referred to as a guarantee. If so, there is no way to request cabins near one another. Do you have an online agent you can talk to or are you completely working through the net?

Nita

First of all, this is NOT going to happen for you on this cruise next April. You're cruising during the busiest time which is spring break time so I would hazard a guess the ship is already pretty highly booked. Second, since I would guess that many cabins are already booked, a cruise line isn't going to bump their already booked pasengers just so you and your friends can get cabins next to each other. At this late date, you'll be lucky to get cabins within 5 to 10 cabins of each other much less finding four or five cabins right in succession.

If you want to do this again in the future, your friends and you will have to book your cruise VERY early, you'll most likely have to pick the same cabin category and you'll have to go with a specific cabin choice rather than taking a guarantee. AND, this is most important, you probably cannot book a large number of adjoining cabins without going through a travel agent, or at the very least, doing it on the phone directly with the cruise line. Many cruise line's internet sites don't list ALL their available cabins, so you'll need to talk to a live person who has access to EVERY available cabin and they will be the ones to see how many adjoining cabins they can get you.

We have cruised with another couple at least once a year for the last five years. We always link our reservations.

We have the least luck getting adjoining cabins when booking specific cabins. When we booked guaranteed cabins or one of us has an assigned cabin and the other a guaranteed cabin, we always end up next to each other or very close on the same gangway. On the cruise we are leaving on next week, we booked two inside guaranteed, we all have been upgraded to large oceanview cabins that are next to each other.

By the way, Easter is early next year (March 23). By the time you cruise on 4/12, springbreaks should be over for almost all school systems and you may be lucky to have cabins close to each other.

We have cruised with another couple at least once a year for the last five years. We always link our reservations.

We have the least luck getting adjoining cabins when booking specific cabins. When we booked guaranteed cabins or one of us has an assigned cabin and the other a guaranteed cabin, we always end up next to each other or very close on the same gangway. On the cruise we are leaving on next week, we booked two inside guaranteed, we all have been upgraded to large oceanview cabins that are next to each other.

By the way, Easter is early next year (March 23). By the time you cruise on 4/12, springbreaks should be over for almost all school systems and you may be lucky to have cabins close to each other.

Easter or no Easter there will still be plenty of kids on Spring break, but you are right, not as many as when Easter is later. As for your experience with booking guaranteed and / or assigned cabins believe me, you are really lucky. I just tried to get 2 different clients cabins changed, both cruise lines could not do it.

Nita

If your friends do not have a cabin number yet it sounds like they have what is referred to as a guarantee. If so, there is no way to request cabins near one another. Do you have an online agent you can talk to or are you completely working through the net?

Nita

Just working through the net--and the strange thing is--my husband and I have not paid for the whole thing yet--my two friends have paid the whole thing! Although, I have been on one other cruise before--could that make a difference?

Just working through the net--and the strange thing is--my husband and I have not paid for the whole thing yet--my two friends have paid the whole thing! Although, I have been on one other cruise before--could that make a difference?
Probably not; I know it is fun to be with friends, we love the idea of cruising with cabins together it doesn't make a lot of difference. Last year we were even on different decks from our friends, still spent some time in each others cabin and had a great time. I would try and call the cruise line, can't promise anything but it certainly won't hurt. Even though you are cruising during a fairly busy time, it is 6 months away, the ship will not yet be sold out.

Not that it makes a lot of difference, but one more reason booking directly through the net isn't always the best way to go.

Nita

Probably not; I know it is fun to be with friends, we love the idea of cruising with cabins together it doesn't make a lot of difference. Last year we were even on different decks from our friends, still spent some time in each others cabin and had a great time. I would try and call the cruise line, can't promise anything but it certainly won't hurt. Even though you are cruising during a fairly busy time, it is 6 months away, the ship will not yet be sold out.

Not that it makes a lot of difference, but one more reason booking directly through the net isn't always the best way to go.

Nita

We didn't realize that we were not going to be going back to the port of tampa--so we cancelled this particular cruise! OH WELL!

Archived