Future Cruise Credits on HAL

Kamloops50

I know that this was discussed in other theards.

Has anybody bought FCC on HAL when they are cruising?

1 - What is the cost?

2 - Do you have to select the destinations right away?

3 - Do you have to deal with HAL or any TA?

4 - What is the time frame for booking and using the FCC's?

I'm wondering on where to book a future cruise(s) on HAL during

our Alaska Cruise ( looking for 2010/11).

$100.00pp and you have 4 years to use them. HAL will automatically send them to your TA (whoever you booked your current cruise with), unless you sign paperwork to keep them with HAL. You do not have to book a cruise right away.

I know that this was discussed in other theards.

Has anybody bought FCC on HAL when they are cruising?

1 - What is the cost?

$100 per person per cruise

2 - Do you have to select the destinations right away?

No, you can call it a 'To Be Determined Future Cruise.

3 - Do you have to deal with HAL or any TA?

Either. If you do not designate, then the TA you used for the cruise you are on when booking the future cruise would be named your TA by default. Some folks have had problems getting that changed so be sure to designate the TA you want or put the booking with HAL. You can change it to a TA at any time if you have named HAL.

4 - What is the time frame for booking and using the FCC's?

Use within four years.

I'm wondering on where to book a future cruise(s) on HAL during

our Alaska Cruise ( looking for 2010/11)

What do you mean by where? Where to find the Future Cruise Consultant. If that is what you mean, the daily program will give her hours and location. No itineraries are yet available for 2010.

By Where......Do you mean, Where to cruise? The whole wide world to choose from. :) HAL sails the 7 seas. ;)

It is to be used as deposit for whichever cruise you select. If you book an actual cruise while on board, you only have to put down $100 pp for most cruises. If you haven't decided which cruise you actually want to book, you can make the $100 and call it a 'to be determined future cruise'. When you decide which cruise you want (within four years), they will credit that as your deposit. It's nice to not have to put out much higher sums for deposits especially for those of us who often book our cruises a year and more in advance. This way, most of the payment is made at the time of final payment and HAL only holds $100 pp of our money for all those months.

That in addition to getting shipboard credit as well.

Book a cruise of 7 to 11 days and get a credit between $25 and $50 pp depending upon category of cabin booked.

For cruises 12 days or longer, the Shipboard Credit ranges from $50 to $100, again depending upon category cabin booked.

You have to be extra-specially careful to make sure that the cruise is assigned to the correct TA. If they mess up in the coding it can be pure heck to get it transferred ... depending upon the TA who gets it by mistake.

I've had that problem, myself, and it once took literally 3 months to get it transferred to my TA of choice.

It is to be used as deposit for whichever cruise you select. If you book an actual cruise while on board, you only have to put down $100 pp for most cruises. If you haven't decided which cruise you actually want to book, you can make the $100 and call it a 'to be determined future cruise'. When you decide which cruise you want (within four years), they will credit that as your deposit. It's nice to not have to put out much higher sums for deposits especially for those of us who often book our cruises a year and more in advance. This way, most of the payment is made at the time of final payment and HAL only holds $100 pp of our money for all those months.

That in addition to getting shipboard credit as well.

Book a cruise of 7 to 11 days and get a credit between $25 and $50 pp depending upon category of cabin booked.

For cruises 12 days or longer, the Shipboard Credit ranges from $50 to $100, again depending upon category cabin booked.

Thanks S7S. To make sure I understand the advantage is that when you do book a cruise the $100 per person is less than your normal cruise deposit?

There are a lot of programs out there.

If you cruise HAL a lot purchase 100 shares of Carnival stock as they have a ship board credit program. So far we have recovered 1/3 the cost of the stock and look to getting it to zero in a couple years...

Ruth & Jim

Archived