Leaving Luggage Outside Cabins?

Roxxy

Well yes, it does bother me...but since I only leave dirty laundry in the suitcases it's no big deal. I always carry all my purchases & valuable with me. :cool: Also, it's a good idea to lock it..

We have cruised 26 times, never had a problem. Don't leave liquor out, it will be gone. :)

Yeah... me, too!!! But, they don't stay there long. The luggage guys come around and pick up the bags as soon as they started getting put out in the passage way.

What I really hate is the feeling that I've forgotten something... like shoes or underwear... for the next day. When I put my suitcase out, the only things I have left are my nightie and my clothes for getting dressed the next morning. I don't think I really got freaky about it until I saw one man disembarking, barefoot, in a bathrobe. LOL Once my suitcase is taken, I check one last time to be sure I have EVERYTHING necessary and then forget about it.

Just terrified that I've forgotten something! I usually cruise with a roller carry-on and a big catchall/purse. (That's of course in addition to my two giant suitcases!) I keep the roller carry-on and the catchall with me and usually have two outfits in them. Learned the hard way one cruise when I spilled a chocolatini down the front of the tee shirt I was planning to disembark in! Luckily I was able to get it a bit cleaned up and was already planning to wear a jacket over it. Just turned it inside-out and nobody was the wiser. :D

I figure if someone is desparate enough to want my dirty laundry, they can have it. I do not put valuables in the checked luggage.
My feeling exactly. I don't put jewelry (not that I take much anyway) I don't put money or CCards, passports, etc out so if someone really wants to grab part or all my bags it is less to carry home.

electronic, jewelry, personal care items needed for the mornings, a set of clean clothes, any meds..airline tickets if needed...anything fragile that i bought during the cruise...all stay with me. i carry a small "extra" bad (folded up in my luggage until needed) for things that don't fit in my carry-on.

dirty, smelly clothes in the big baggage, goes out ...i get it packed, but don't put it all until close to midnight. when i looked 1/2 hour later, it was gone. they keep checking the halls, pick up as soon as they see it...need to keep the halls clear. same thing will happen if you ever to a organized land tour.

On some ships the baggage is stacked up in public areas, wide hallways and even closed venues. I don't worry about security as few people are capable of shifting luggage to get to ones they want to open.

If you go out and about late on that night, the heaps of luggage are an incredible sight.

Is it just me, or is anyone else uncomfortable with leaving their belongings outside their cabin door on the last night:confused:
Do you really believe that your fellow passengers are more likely to take something than cruise/airline baggage handlers, taxi/shuttle drivers and/or security personnel?

I lock the bags, and then remove the locks, once they have been located on the dock. I then apply 'Strap Ties' for the airport, I also have at least one strap round each bag.

I have heard of things going missing, both on arrival, and departure, but I do not remember the ports, or cruise lines involved. Some person once put liquor out in the boxe from the 'Duty Free', one time, it never made it to the dock!

john

There are ship cameras all over the place. I had a bag taken on a cruise . My bags were all the same, very odd, Hawaiian type flowers, BRIGHT purple. I was on my way to dinner, saw the bag in the rolling cart way on the bottom of the cart. I expected it outside my cabin or inside it when I returned. It was nowhere to be found. The security folks viewed some tapes, saw it, tracked it and I had it returned on the 1st morning. I never heard who had it, just that it was inside another cabin and was "retrieved". I was without the one large bag the first night but I still had some items packed in my rolling carry on that got me through. I never before thought much about the ship security but they really have a great system. They were anxious to use it and to show it off. If anyone is in law in forcement, they will (or al least they did)show it to you on one of the sea days. Just ask early on as they only allow so many each cruise. FYI: Liberty

In all the years reading thousands of posts, I do not recall anyone claiming their luggage disappeared for good after setting it out on the final night. I am sure it has happened to someone, somewhere.

I only wish the airlines could match this record.

Is it just me, or is anyone else uncomfortable with leaving their belongings outside their cabin door on the last night:confused:

Not really. Most people will keep all their valuables in their carry-on luggage that they will carry off the ship. Beside I don't think we have to worry more about the passengers than we have to worry about the people who handle our luggage once it is off the ship.

Anyone that needs my dirty undershorts worse than me are welcome to them.

I never put anything in my checked luggage that I worry about losing. If I am going to worry about it, it is in my carryon. :D

Archived