My Daughters Bear!!!?! OH NO!!!

angelsfort

Oh thank goodness you got the bear back! I had a sinking feeling while reading until I got to the end and saw that you got the bear back to your little girl. I've got two kids (one of which is 4) and can ONLY IMAGINE if I were in your shoes!

Thank you so much for sharing such tear-maker if a story with such a wonderfully happy ending! I called my 4yr DGD up, told her I wanted to read her a story. She was all excited. She said, "OH, no! The Baby Bear will be so alone without his little girl" I could hardly finish the story because she was so concerned about the Little Girl and the Baby Bear. I am so very glad you were able to get the bear back for her. I know my DGDs Pooh Bear means alot. I cannot imagine the extra heart felt tenderness that this special bear from Daddy must mean.

Im Glad your DD got her Bear back ...but at the same time i feel sorry for the Bear...what a life he would of lead cruising around the world...no worrys in life...what a way to live....Im kidding im sure the bear would of missed your DD..;)

I hate to admit it, but I am in my 50's and I still sleep with a stuffed owl. I even have a travel sleep owl that has gone all over the world with us and has slept in many hotels and on many cruise ships. I never take my "at home owl" with us when we travel, because I have lost 1 owl on a cruise, and I was heartbroken.

So glad to hear your daughter got her special bear back. I'm glad you found the right people to help you.

Last year on the Liberty we left my daughter's little blanket somewhere in the sheets. She came home from the hospital with that blanket and slept with until she was 4. I was heartbroken and looked everywhere for the same blanket. She eventually got over it, but I still haven't.

What a great ending! I was so hoping you were going to be successful!

We too have a similar story with a happy ending. My grandfather gave our second born son a Fisher Price toy in 1978, and we called it "squeaky"...it was a combination rattle and teething toy and the ears squeaked when you squeezed them. Our son loved it so much, that I bought another one "just in case" he wore it out or lost it. Fast forward 18 years, we now have five sons, and son #2 is leaving for college. He and our youngest son(12 years difference in age) are VERY close, and our "baby" is really struggling with his second brother leaving home. The night before #2 son leaves, I hear him in his little brothers bedroom saying good-night, and they are talking about him leaving for college and how he will be back to visit often. Then I hear him tell his little brother that he has a big favor; seems he needs someone to take care of "squeaky" for him while he goes to college. I immediately started crying and had to walk away before I gave myself away.

Fast forward a few years later (after our #3 son had gone away to college) and we are in Charlottesville VA visiting that son. When we got home and unpacked we realize we had left "squeaky" at the hotel! I called immediately and they said the cleaning ladies had left for the day, but that they would look first thing in the AM. Two days later our little friend arrived by Fed Ex; I have never been so grateful as I was when he was reunited with our family! Now the baby is 17, and "squeaky" had been retired to live out his days in his owners special box of treasures.

OMG! I've been tear struck twice in the same thread! Will someone pass me the tissues? :)

What two lovely stories. They kind of restore my faith in our fellow human beings, although really I've found there are far more nice people in the world than grumpy, mean ones. I was on the edge of my seat thinking the bear and squeaky would never be seen again! I'm glad that both of you had such happy endings!

What a great ending! I was so hoping you were going to be successful!

We too have a similar story with a happy ending. My grandfather gave our second born son a Fisher Price toy in 1978, and we called it "squeaky"...it was a combination rattle and teething toy and the ears squeaked when you squeezed them. Our son loved it so much, that I bought another one "just in case" he wore it out or lost it. Fast forward 18 years, we now have five sons, and son #2 is leaving for college. He and our youngest son(12 years difference in age) are VERY close, and our "baby" is really struggling with his second brother leaving home. The night before #2 son leaves, I hear him in his little brothers bedroom saying good-night, and they are talking about him leaving for college and how he will be back to visit often. Then I hear him tell his little brother that he has a big favor; seems he needs someone to take care of "squeaky" for him while he goes to college. I immediately started crying and had to walk away before I gave myself away.

Fast forward a few years later (after our #3 son had gone away to college) and we are in Charlottesville VA visiting that son. When we got home and unpacked we realize we had left "squeaky" at the hotel! I called immediately and they said the cleaning ladies had left for the day, but that they would look first thing in the AM. Two days later our little friend arrived by Fed Ex; I have never been so grateful as I was when he was reunited with our family! Now the baby is 17, and "squeaky" had been retired to live out his days in his owners special box of treasures.

I understand COMPLETELY!! I'm so glad that they found "squeaky" and sent it back to you!! whew!

LOL!!!

I'm glad you had a better outcome than when my little sister's "blankee" disappeared when "we" had out tonsils out!

Don't get me started!

MY tonsils were fine!

HER tonsils were a MESS, and mine were removed so I could keep her company.

This was 1962.....

They just removed tonsils regardless of need WAY back then! LOL!!!

So the housekeeping department just rolled up "blankee" in the bed linens...NEVER to be seen again!

A five year old.....in pain....and....and..

NO BLANKEE!!!!!!!!!!

I am HAPPY your outcome was better...LOL!

My sister SWEARS that she doesn't remember that trauma!!! I remember it.....WELL!!! She screamed for hours! I ate popsicles!

OMG! I've been tear struck twice in the same thread! Will someone pass me the tissues? :)

What two lovely stories. They kind of restore my faith in our fellow human beings, although really I've found there are far more nice people in the world than grumpy, mean ones. I was on the edge of my seat thinking the bear and squeaky would never be seen again! I'm glad that both of you had such happy endings!

I love a happy ending!

A you gotta love a thread that passes tissues and not popcorn! LOL

So happy you got the bear back. I have a suggestion for you. On something so very special and yet so easily lost, get a small bracelet like a medic alert or something like that and engrave that this bear is very very special and not replaceable. If found please call ....... reward happily given, and sew it onto the bears neck

I hope the bear always gives your daughter sweet dreams!!!

Here's a little background info on "Baby Bear" it's a Ty Beanie Bear, he's Tan with a plaid ribbon around his neck... and she got him from her daddy when she was just a year old. When she was 18 months old, we lost her daddy in a tragic accident. This bear is VERY special to us... its one of only a few items that we've got to remember him by (that he gave to her personally, that is) she sleeps with Baby Bear (and one other stuffed animal, also from her daddy) every night.

Oh, I am SO glad your daughter got her special bear back!!!! 4.gif

It's good to see that there is still decent people out there in the world.

Some very special little girl with a bear has a loving Daddy looking down from above... :)

And, now the tears have won the fight I was having with them, lol... :o

Just this morning we had to leave our lovely cruise ship... as we were driving away from the port (and watching the ship fading in the rearveiw mirror) I suddenly got this sinking feeling in my tummy.

I asked my cabin-mate if she had by any chance picked up my daughters little bear from her bed and put it in one of our bags... her answer? NO!

OH CRAP!!! (please note that "crap" is NOT the word / language I was using) I didn't even think to pick it up out of her bed this morning to put it in our luggage.

Here's a little background info on "Baby Bear" it's a Ty Beanie Bear, he's Tan with a plaid ribbon around his neck... and she got him from her daddy when she was just a year old. When she was 18 months old, we lost her daddy in a tragic accident. This bear is VERY special to us... its one of only a few items that we've got to remember him by (that he gave to her personally, that is) she sleeps with Baby Bear (and one other stuffed animal, also from her daddy) every night.

Okay, after I realized that we had left Baby Bear in our cabin, I did a quick U-turn (probably illegally) and headed back to the ship... I told my friend that we weren't going to tell my daughter what had happened until we knew what the outcome was going to be...

I parked in the bus parking and left them in the car as I ran back to the terminal... I got stopped before I could go inside and I had to explain to the lady that my daughter had left her bear in the cabin (I said "my daughter" but I think it was just as much my fault!!) and we were quite upset about it. The lady got on the radio to the lost and found department... she told them that we were looking for a lost BROWN teddy bear that was left on the FLOOR of our cabin... OMG!!! I kept telling the lady "he's tan, not brown and he wasn't on the floor... he was in her bed... he'd be mixed in with the covers!" but that woman wouldn't call the lost and found person back...

so then she tells me that I can't wait there, that I have to walk across the road and wait on the other side... and she'll signal me when she finds something out. Okay, so I walk over there shaking my head, just knowing that they aren't going to find our precious little Baby Bear because she gave the wrong information.

15 minutes go by... I'm pacing... fretting...

FINALLY!! The lady waves me back over... I walk up to her and she says "They found the bear, they are bringing it down now" YIPPEE!! yAHOOO!!!! And what do I do?? I start crying like a baby! geez!!!! I'm sure the people around me were thinking I was some kind of mental person because I was crying about a silly bear...

They made me go back across the road to wait again... and after another 5 minutes she calls me over again and hands me our little Baby Bear.

I go back to the car and get in and then hand Baby Bear to my daughter... it takes a minute, but then her eyes get great big, and she takes a sudden intake of breath... and says "Momma, did we leave Baby Bear on the ship?" I told her we did and she just hugs him and hugs him.

"Momma, he was probably scared when he saw us leaving our room without him... he was probably saying to us "wait, wait, what about me?" but we didn't hear him and then when we didn't come back he probably got very sad thinking we were gone forever" (she's 4 by the way)

she got me tearing up again...

The rest of the cruise was AWESOME!

I sent you a story I wrote for you it's a new thread listed for Angelsfort and the her daughters teddy bear. I hope you enjoy

So happy you got the bear back. I have a suggestion for you. On something so very special and yet so easily lost, get a small bracelet like a medic alert or something like that and engrave that this bear is very very special and not replaceable. If found please call ....... reward happily given, and sew it onto the bears neck

I hope the bear always gives your daughter sweet dreams!!!

What a GREAT idea! I will pass this along to my DIL. My grandson has a sheep he totes around; he has left it here before, but of course I knew where his home was.;) Since they will be cruising with us in March, I may be able to prevent a possible catastrophe with your suggestion!

Your story brought tears to my eyes. I can just feel that sinking feeling when you realized the bear had been left behind. We have 3 children and I know how attached they have gotten to their special things. I was so glad to hear that her bear was found and returned to her. What a wonderful idea to put an ID of some sort on those special things.

Did you send a letter to Carnival thanking them? I would even if you don't know the names of those who assisted in the bear's return. Give the name of the ship and the date.