My Daughters Bear!!!?! OH NO!!!

angelsfort

Just this morning we had to leave our lovely cruise ship... as we were driving away from the port (and watching the ship fading in the rearveiw mirror) I suddenly got this sinking feeling in my tummy.

I asked my cabin-mate if she had by any chance picked up my daughters little bear from her bed and put it in one of our bags... her answer? NO!

OH CRAP!!! (please note that "crap" is NOT the word / language I was using) I didn't even think to pick it up out of her bed this morning to put it in our luggage.

Here's a little background info on "Baby Bear" it's a Ty Beanie Bear, he's Tan with a plaid ribbon around his neck... and she got him from her daddy when she was just a year old. When she was 18 months old, we lost her daddy in a tragic accident. This bear is VERY special to us... its one of only a few items that we've got to remember him by (that he gave to her personally, that is) she sleeps with Baby Bear (and one other stuffed animal, also from her daddy) every night.

Okay, after I realized that we had left Baby Bear in our cabin, I did a quick U-turn (probably illegally) and headed back to the ship... I told my friend that we weren't going to tell my daughter what had happened until we knew what the outcome was going to be...

I parked in the bus parking and left them in the car as I ran back to the terminal... I got stopped before I could go inside and I had to explain to the lady that my daughter had left her bear in the cabin (I said "my daughter" but I think it was just as much my fault!!) and we were quite upset about it. The lady got on the radio to the lost and found department... she told them that we were looking for a lost BROWN teddy bear that was left on the FLOOR of our cabin... OMG!!! I kept telling the lady "he's tan, not brown and he wasn't on the floor... he was in her bed... he'd be mixed in with the covers!" but that woman wouldn't call the lost and found person back...

so then she tells me that I can't wait there, that I have to walk across the road and wait on the other side... and she'll signal me when she finds something out. Okay, so I walk over there shaking my head, just knowing that they aren't going to find our precious little Baby Bear because she gave the wrong information.

15 minutes go by... I'm pacing... fretting...

FINALLY!! The lady waves me back over... I walk up to her and she says "They found the bear, they are bringing it down now" YIPPEE!! yAHOOO!!!! And what do I do?? I start crying like a baby! geez!!!! I'm sure the people around me were thinking I was some kind of mental person because I was crying about a silly bear...

They made me go back across the road to wait again... and after another 5 minutes she calls me over again and hands me our little Baby Bear.

I go back to the car and get in and then hand Baby Bear to my daughter... it takes a minute, but then her eyes get great big, and she takes a sudden intake of breath... and says "Momma, did we leave Baby Bear on the ship?" I told her we did and she just hugs him and hugs him.

"Momma, he was probably scared when he saw us leaving our room without him... he was probably saying to us "wait, wait, what about me?" but we didn't hear him and then when we didn't come back he probably got very sad thinking we were gone forever" (she's 4 by the way)

she got me tearing up again...

The rest of the cruise was AWESOME!

I gotta tell you....I got a little tear eyed just reading it..!!! A similar thing happened to us when my little girl lost her "dolly" at a restaurant stop on one vacation. I mean, this dolly was (and still is ) part of the family. By the time we discovered it missing we were on the road for about 15 min. Went back and couldn't find it. We were very upset. As we were leaving, a car backed up and there it was...underneath where we had parked. That was 14 years ago!!! I truly know how happy (for your daughter) you were.:)

Thank you for sharing that story with us. It makes me feel good for 2 reasons - one, your daughter got her irreplacable bear back (yes, I'm sure you could find the exact bear somewhere - probably thru Ty, but it still wouldn't be the bear with the sentimental value attached) and two, that people will still go our of their way to help other people. Glad it all worked out - take a deep breath and relax now- go plan another cruise!!

No, just kidding -- but it reminded me of the missing pink Croc from a few months ago. (Someone left one pink Croc - a plastic shoe - onboard and wanted the passengers sailing the next week to look for it...)

I was glad to hear the Bear had a happy reunion. :)

My daughter left her favorite bear at the Radisson Hotel in Port Canaveral when we stayed there before our Pride cruise. Since we were taking the Mears bus directly back to the airport after the cruise we didn't know how we would get it but one of my roll call friends had left her car parked there so she picked up the bear when she went back for her car and then mailed it to us. My daughter was so happy. It didn't quite have the sentimental attachment that your daughter's bear had but her best friend had given it to her so it was still important to her. Glad you got it back. I was sure you were going to tell us that no one would help you when you returned and told you to call guest relations after you got home.

No, just kidding -- but it reminded me of the missing pink Croc from a few months ago. (Someone left one pink Croc - a plastic shoe - onboard and wanted the passengers sailing the next week to look for it...)

I was glad to hear the Bear had a happy reunion. :)

Oh how funny, I was thinking that very thing. I was not here when that thread came up, but everyone mentions it from time to time.

When I read this thread, I thought that this is such a sweet story compared to that silly pink crock thread. You can't toss a chicken in a

Wal-Mart and not hit one of those silly looking shoes and yet that OP was bound and determined that every pax look for it, that was going on that ship next :rolleyes:

It was very nice to hear that baby bear was found and given to his rightful owner :D

Just this morning we had to leave our lovely cruise ship... as we were driving away from the port (and watching the ship fading in the rearveiw mirror) I suddenly got this sinking feeling in my tummy.

I asked my cabin-mate if she had by any chance picked up my daughters little bear from her bed and put it in one of our bags... her answer? NO!

OH CRAP!!! (please note that "crap" is NOT the word / language I was using) I didn't even think to pick it up out of her bed this morning to put it in our luggage.

Here's a little background info on "Baby Bear" it's a Ty Beanie Bear, he's Tan with a plaid ribbon around his neck... and she got him from her daddy when she was just a year old. When she was 18 months old, we lost her daddy in a tragic accident. This bear is VERY special to us... its one of only a few items that we've got to remember him by (that he gave to her personally, that is) she sleeps with Baby Bear (and one other stuffed animal, also from her daddy) every night.

Okay, after I realized that we had left Baby Bear in our cabin, I did a quick U-turn (probably illegally) and headed back to the ship... I told my friend that we weren't going to tell my daughter what had happened until we knew what the outcome was going to be...

I parked in the bus parking and left them in the car as I ran back to the terminal... I got stopped before I could go inside and I had to explain to the lady that my daughter had left her bear in the cabin (I said "my daughter" but I think it was just as much my fault!!) and we were quite upset about it. The lady got on the radio to the lost and found department... she told them that we were looking for a lost BROWN teddy bear that was left on the FLOOR of our cabin... OMG!!! I kept telling the lady "he's tan, not brown and he wasn't on the floor... he was in her bed... he'd be mixed in with the covers!" but that woman wouldn't call the lost and found person back...

so then she tells me that I can't wait there, that I have to walk across the road and wait on the other side... and she'll signal me when she finds something out. Okay, so I walk over there shaking my head, just knowing that they aren't going to find our precious little Baby Bear because she gave the wrong information.

15 minutes go by... I'm pacing... fretting...

FINALLY!! The lady waves me back over... I walk up to her and she says "They found the bear, they are bringing it down now" YIPPEE!! yAHOOO!!!! And what do I do?? I start crying like a baby! geez!!!! I'm sure the people around me were thinking I was some kind of mental person because I was crying about a silly bear...

They made me go back across the road to wait again... and after another 5 minutes she calls me over again and hands me our little Baby Bear.

I go back to the car and get in and then hand Baby Bear to my daughter... it takes a minute, but then her eyes get great big, and she takes a sudden intake of breath... and says "Momma, did we leave Baby Bear on the ship?" I told her we did and she just hugs him and hugs him.

"Momma, he was probably scared when he saw us leaving our room without him... he was probably saying to us "wait, wait, what about me?" but we didn't hear him and then when we didn't come back he probably got very sad thinking we were gone forever" (she's 4 by the way)

she got me tearing up again...

The rest of the cruise was AWESOME!

Holy Freaking Crap! You have me all teary eyed. I'm so happy that your DD has her bear and grateful that they found him for you.!!!

I'm glad you got the bear back, but you should have warned me in the title that it was a tear-jerker story. It's a good thing I am alone, I would hate to have to explain why I am all teary-eyed.

Now you have a great story to tell about his big adventure.

What a wonderful story. I am so glad that it had a happy ending.

On my cruise back a few weeks ago I spent hours each day writing in my journal about my amazing trip and then toward the end of the cruise lost the journal. I think I left it on a table up on the Lido Deck. I went every day twice a day to the purser's desk to see if anyone found it but to no avail. :-(

It is pink with little purses on the front if anyone ever finds it. :D

Wow, you even had this hard charging former Marine snuffle a tear. Having two daughters, I know what it means for them to have their "special" stuffed toys to comfort them. My six year old was given a Del Sol bear in Sept while on the Conquest at the shop talk. She is still lugging it around every chance she gets. She had to take him with her on our cruise last week.

We also have a stuffed lamb that was given to my first daughter when she was born that has been passed down to my second daughter.

I am happy that all worked out for the best for you.

Dave

OMG! I was on the edge of my seat crying reading what you wrote, and I just had to know it was all ok!! What a story! I am so glad that all worked out for you and your daughter! I know how it is when my boys leave something behind, I can't even imagine something that means as much as that bear means to the both of you! You are very lucky!!

Terry

This story made me tear up here at work! Folks thought there was something wrong at my home or with me! This old 57 yr old guy with tears in his eyes must have been a sight!

Sniff, I lost my bear in Afghanistan in 1955! I tried to have my father call the Ambassador and turn our residence upside down! He was brown and only had one eye. Have y'all seen him?

Lee