Miami Hotels / Suggestions

pbo258

This is the one I stay at.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed twice. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested. I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights.

There is no hotel shuttle, you have to take a cab. It is not expensive for a cab to the pier.

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...questid=810278

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

Do not stay at the Sleep Inn which is a short ride from the Airport (maybe 10-15 minutes). It's not horrible but definitely not clean enough for my standards.

There are other hotels close though and they were about a $20 ride to the dock. Not sure how long it took but remember how much it cost!!

Any Suggestions on Miami Hotels in Jan 2008. Looking to stay one night also for a ride from Hotel to pier?

I have stayed at the Intercontinental twice ...

DCP_0042.jpg

About three blocks behind the camera is the Bayside Marketplace. To the right is a free Metromover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

Here is the pool ...

DCP_0049.jpg

The view in August 2004 ...

DCP_0057.jpg

The view in June 2007 ...

Freedompan.jpg

And the view from the deck of the Navigator ...

DCP_0096.jpg

We like the Intercontinental, too! Very nice, upscale hotel. Convenient and clean, clean, clean!!!!

Holiday Inn is right across the street and down 1 block. Both are within walking distance of Bayside, so you'll have something to do that evening (besides be all excited!) while you await next morning!

Try bidding on Priceline for a 3 or 4 star hotel in downtown Miami. We have done that the last several times we stayed in Miami and have been very happy with the results. Got Hyatt for $115, Radisson for $65 and Marriott Biscayne Bay for $40 a night. We bid again recently for one night in Miami in December and got the Radisson for $60 a night. Radisson and Marriott are close by one another and have great views of the ships in the harbor. During the day you can get to Bayside Marketplace by the free people mover which has a stop within a block of the hotels and at night the cab fare should be around $5.:)

I would recommend the Intercontinental. It is a lovely hotel and we got it at a great rate via hotwire. We are staying there for our cruise in Dec and again for our cruise next Sept. Like others have said, it is very close to the port and close to Bayside Marketplace.

Just a couple of things about Priceline: if you bid on hotels, you can't pick the hotel, the class/stars and area yes, but not the specific hotel. Once you win, your stuck, no cancellations.

I really wanted the Holiday Inn, which on the web was going for less than the Radisson. I thought for certain, with the bid I put in, we would get the Holiday Inn. Got the Radisson instead. The Radisson has mixed reviews.

I have now met some people on these threads, who are on our cruise and I would love to meet up with them before the cruise (for dinner the night before). Since they are at the Intercontinental and we are at Radisson and we are coming in later, it just isn't working out. Since we got our hotel off Priceline, no cancellations.

It is o.k., it certainly won't even come close to ruining my trip. And I did get it for $60.00. It will be a fine hotel for 1 night and is close to the port and cheap on cab. I just kind of wish I hadn't gone with Priceline.

But these are just my thoughts. Go with what you are comfortable with. Everything I have read about hotels in Miami, the most recommended are Holiday Inn and Intercontinental.

Linda

We like the Holiday Inn Bayside. We are staying there again in June. It's clean and comfortable and when you wake up, you look out the window and see your ship!!!!!:D

Don't you have to get out of bed first?

I don't know what rates would be for Jan 2008, but I got the Intercontinental on Priceline on Sept 23rd for $90 per night. I bid 4* downtown Miami.

I actually prefer the Holiday Inn, it is directly across from the Bayside Marketplace.

Taxi from hotel to pier was $8.

I took a Supershuttle shared ride from the airport to the Intercontinental for $15.

Taxi from pier to airport was a set rate of $24.

We stayed at the Springhill Suites by the Miami airport. They offered a free shuttle from the airport, had a nice breakfast buffet and the hotel was beautiful. We paid 92.00 for the night. The room was a suite with 2 double beds (or a king), a sofa-bed, a desk area and a kitchenette. They also offered a free shuttle to and from a restaurant for dinner, which we took advantage of (and tipped the driver). For our trip to the port they suggested a company that charged us $10 per person, which seemed reasonable. We were very happy with our choice and the price we paid.

Oh there is a Hyatt in Miami. Two actually. But, I wouldn't recommend a hotel that charges $100+ per night and then wants to charge $15 for a cold continental breakfast. :eek:

Currently I am sitting in a Hampton Inn in the Miami area and they a have great breakfast that's included with your room. Room is very nice and has both refrigerator and microwave in the room.

Much better experience than what we saw at the Hyatt the last time we were in town. :D

I like the Biscayne Bay Marriott. Nice view of the cruise ships in the port. Close to the port and Bayside Market. Plus a really nice hotel.

I’ll second that. We stayed there and got a $129/night rate on the Marriott website booking about 4 months in advance. Cab fare from Miami airport to the Marriott was about $25. The Marriott suggested a shuttle service to the ship that was about $8 less than a cab (I believe it was Fantasy Transportation, IIRC). They were good, although they were having some sort of problem that morning and were running about 10 minutes late (but it was no big deal, we were in no hurry as we left the hotel at noon). Cab fare back from the port to Miami airport was supposed to be $24, but the driver charged $30.

Just a couple of things about Priceline: if you bid on hotels, you can't pick the hotel, the class/stars and area yes, but not the specific hotel. Once you win, your stuck, no cancellations.

I really wanted the Holiday Inn, which on the web was going for less than the Radisson. I thought for certain, with the bid I put in, we would get the Holiday Inn. Got the Radisson instead. The Radisson has mixed reviews.

I have now met some people on these threads, who are on our cruise and I would love to meet up with them before the cruise (for dinner the night before). Since they are at the Intercontinental and we are at Radisson and we are coming in later, it just isn't working out. Since we got our hotel off Priceline, no cancellations.

It is o.k., it certainly won't even come close to ruining my trip. And I did get it for $60.00. It will be a fine hotel for 1 night and is close to the port and cheap on cab. I just kind of wish I hadn't gone with Priceline.

But these are just my thoughts. Go with what you are comfortable with. Everything I have read about hotels in Miami, the most recommended are Holiday Inn and Intercontinental.

Linda

What you say is true about not having your choice of hotels, but in the downtown Miami region there are a very limited number of 3 and 4 star hotels and frankly, I would be pleased with any of them. When we got the Radisson the last time, it was for significantly less than what others were paying for Holiday Inn. I'm not sure that Holiday Inn participates with Priceline since I have never read of anyone getting it but have heard of many who got Hyatt, Intercontinental, Marriott and Radisson, and I have read mixed reviews about the HI as well. I tend to give those negative reviews little weight since they often lack specifics. We were more than pleased with the Radisson. The food in the restaurant was good and reasonably priced (certainly less expensive than what the Hyatt charges), and our room with a terrific view of the ships docked at the cruise terminals was quite comfortable. If you want to meet folks you will be cruising with, why not arrange a pre-cruise dinner or drinks get together at Bayside. We do that most everytime we cruise out of Miami and have had good experiences.

What you say is true about not having your choice of hotels, but in the downtown Miami region there are a very limited number of 3 and 4 star hotels and frankly, I would be pleased with any of them. When we got the Radisson the last time, it was for significantly less than what others were paying for Holiday Inn. I'm not sure that Holiday Inn participates with Priceline since I have never read of anyone getting it but have heard of many who got Hyatt, Intercontinental, Marriott and Radisson, and I have read mixed reviews about the HI as well. I tend to give those negative reviews little weight since they often lack specifics. We were more than pleased with the Radisson. The food in the restaurant was good and reasonably priced (certainly less expensive than what the Hyatt charges), and our room with a terrific view of the ships docked at the cruise terminals was quite comfortable. If you want to meet folks you will be cruising with, why not arrange a pre-cruise dinner or drinks get together at Bayside. We do that most everytime we cruise out of Miami and have had good experiences.

Thank you so much for your information. It makes me feel so much better about my choice.

I had heard the Radisson was old, rundown and dangerous. It doesn't sound like you experienced any of this. After hearing the above, I was feeling guilty about taking my elderly parents and 8 year old daughter into this kind of environment.

Plus we wanted to be able to the ships docked. Again, you made me feel so much better.

As to getting together with the other cc members that are already in that area; it just has to do with priorities (laziness - whatever you want to call it), since we won't be getting into the hotel until around 7:00 p.m., I just was thinking I could pull it off if I didn't have to leave the hotel and could just go down to the lounge to meet them. But being that we are getting in so late, we will just have dinner at the hotel restaurant (you again relieved me of some fear of the quality) and head to the room. We will just meet them when we get on the boat.

Thanks again.

Linda

I don't even think we would cancel and change hotels, even if we had not have gone through Priceline. I just compared prices and for our time they are between $250.00 (Radisson - which I got for $60.00 for the night) to $350. If I had of booked directly with the hotel, I would have gone with Holiday Inn and paid $120.00 at the time (it is now close to $300.00). The people we want to get with are at the Intercontinental; I wouldn't pay the increase in price, just for a quick meet.

Linda

Thank you so much for your information. It makes me feel so much better about my choice.

I had heard the Radisson was old, rundown and dangerous. It doesn't sound like you experienced any of this. After hearing the above, I was feeling guilty about taking my elderly parents and 8 year old daughter into this kind of environment.

Thanks again.

Linda

Linda, I hope you got two rooms. It sounds like you are going at a peak time and double/double rooms sell out first. A priceline reservation isn't going to get preference over a traditional reservation.

BTW, I drove by The Radisson a couple of weeks ago and it did not look old or rundown or in a dangerous neighborhood.

Linda, I hope you got two rooms. It sounds like you are going at a peak time and double/double rooms sell out first. A priceline reservation isn't going to get preference over a traditional reservation.

BTW, I drove by The Radisson a couple of weeks ago and it did not look old or rundown or in a dangerous neighborhood.

I did get 2 rooms. I know about the preference over regular price rooms. I have requested bay view rooms, but know I probably won't get them. Doesn't hurt to put in the request.

I am soooo glad it is not rundown or dangerous.

Linda

I just booked a room at the La Quinta Airport East for 11-11-07 for one night prior to my cruise. Price was $98.10 and includes free parking for up to 14 days and shuttle to the port. No shuttle back, but I understand the taxi is about $24.00. We are going on the Azamara Quest and hope it will be a great cruise. It is a small ship - about 700 passengers and has unusual ports of call.

John

Archived