Late seating

New KAJO

Hi guys,

I am very desperate and hope that someone can help.:(

We are from Europe and will be sailing in South America at the end of this year. ( 5 people - 15 nights )

We booked our cruise in april 07 and requested late seating for dining. Because we will be on the ship for christmas and new year and because we will be celebrating my wife's and my mother-in-law's birthday, this is very important to us.

When we look now on the internet we see that we are assigned to main seating. Our TA tells us that he cannot solve this problem for us.

What can we do to try to get this solved ?

I know you can contact the maitre D' when you get on board to see what is possible, but I cannot wait until then !!!

Can we contact someone at Celebrity to have this solved ?

Any advice is welcome !!!

Thanks in advance,

Kajo

I know the feeling quite well. This happened to us on Holland America and we had written confirmation for late seating. Our travel agent could do nothing and once we boarded we immediately tried to have our seating changed - no luck. We were told that over 100 people were waitlisted and we were stuck with the early seating for 10 nights.

Do contact the cruiseline directly. Their response will be in proportion to the amount you paid for your ticket - if you have a suite or something expensive, they are more likely to comply. If you are a returning guest (bought their cruises in the past) - they are more likely to comply.

Or -- it could be a mistake. In our experience, the first seating has always been the most popular.

Keep the faith. If you are waitlisted you may clear for your preferred seating. It seems odd that you cannot be confirmed for late dining. If you are not waitlisted make sure your TA gets you on. That way you will be that much closer when and if you have to deal with the dining staff after boarding. I guess the situation is the way it is because of the holidays.

If you don't get what you want remember (I'm sure you know but..) it is always about 10:30 by the time you leave the dining room at late seating and you are usually stuffed to the gills. It will be a healthier cruise (less weight gain too) if you do eat earlier. I just returned from an 11 night Med cruise and it is not good to eat so late EVERY evening. I'm not a heavy person and I walked 6-8 miles each port day (and used the gym) but I still gained 3 pounds. Hard as I tried to be good it is not possible to stay skinny on a cruise!

Good luck either way...

If you don't get what you want remember (I'm sure you know but..) it is always about 10:30 by the time you leave the dining room at late seating and you are usually stuffed to the gills.

Good luck either way...

Keep in mind though, the whole party is from Europe, they're probably used to this...eating early would be out of the question if you're used to dinner at 9 - 9:30pm

To the OP...definitely have your TA work on this. We were originally waitlisted for late for our Crown Princess cruise and just recently had it confirmed so it does happen.

What do you mean, your TA won't help???!!!!! I'd get on his/ her back until they at least got you on a waitlist for the seating you want! This is a TA's JOB!!! Make them do it!

I agree with cb at sea. At the very least, have your TA waitlist you for late seating. I also agree with Tuggers, in that you should call the Dining Coordinator at the # listed above. There is a chance they can assist. I have found them VERY helpful in the past.

If your TA says they cannot get you waitlisted, I would be very unhappy about that. I would ask to speak with their supervisor.

If all else fails, see the Maitre'd as soon as you get onboard, and they will try their best to make you happy. The big problem is, if everyone wants Late Seating, there isnt much they can do. Good luck !

If all else fails, God forbid, you may wish to consider booking the specialty restaurant for a later time on the most important evenings of your cruise, even though an additional fee is involved.

I agree with the other posters, your T/A should absolutely postively act as your advocate and get you waitlisted. Are any of your party Captain's Club? If so, you can reserve the specialty restaurant in advance.

Good luck - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Our TA was able to change us from early to late, but the size of your group may be your problem. On the other hand, at least you'll have some time to digest your dinner before bedtime. I'd almost prefer early just for that reason as late is LATE (8:30-8:45 ) for a two hour dinner.

Call Stan I have called him in the past & he has always helped me out & gave me what I wanted including my upcoming cruise. Call Stan immediately! You stated that there are 5 people in your group that is not a big group so I do not see any problem with you getting a table that seats 6. I do not understand how your TA claims that he can not do anything sounds lazy to me. Bypass your TA & call Stan. I hope you let us know how you made out.

Let's not be conclusion jumpers. Hopefully the OP is waitlisted and once that is done there really isn't anything a TA can do except keep checking. The question is did the TA make a mistake in April by asking for early (most people want early) or neglect to ask the guest their preference.

Cruise Junky said " I keep reading that early is the most popular. This is completely contrary to anything I've run into in that everyone wants late. I've never heard of anyone being waitlisted for early. Is this common?"

Absolutely! I have to eat early for medical reasons (diabetic - and DH has ARD) so we often have to submit a statement from our physician in order to get the early seating.

Each of our last four Celebrity cruises we had to see the Maitre'D to change something with dinner seating. Each time nearly everyone waiting ahead of us was trying to get changed to early seating. One time they had a sign posted "early seating is full". These were all 14 day or longer cruises. I don't know if that changes the dining dynamic.

Regards

I've been looking for information regarding dining times. I'm travelling on the Millennium in March with my mother and we want a reasonably early seating - 8:30 in the evening is not an option.

Our documents state "second seating", but I haven't been able to determine how this translates to a time. I've searched the web site, but perhaps I'm just missing that bit of information. Can anyone help with that?

Archived