Strange Princess policy

nikita

Just got off the line with Princess and I must say I'm a bit disappointed with their customer service for the first time.

I wanted something so simple...I just returned from our cruise a week ago and filed a claim with my independant insurance co. for travel delay. We were stuck an extra day due to an airline strike. The insurance co. requires a copy of our exact itinerary day to day and I no longer have a copy. I discarded it in my cabin trash can the day we left thinking I would no longer need it. All I asked for was a copy of our itinerary to be emailed to me since I can no longer access cruise personalizer. They refused to send me a copy because I booked through an online travel agency and instructed me to get it from them. Ok, I'm going to try but really - I don't see why they just couldn't send it to me...it would've been so easy. I think it's a bit rediculous. I was on hold for 10 minutes while the customer service rep consulted with her supervisor.

Well, I guess I'm just venting - so thanks for listening and if you can give me a clue as to why they would refuse to send it I would appreciate it and maybe it would help with my disppointment.

thanks!

Yes, it does seem a bit ridiculous, but every cruise line is like that. If you've worked with a TA, they want you to contact that person for help. I think they have good reason to refer you to the TA. If I were you, I'd just go to Princess and print the itinerary. It'd only take one minute.

Just got off the line with Princess and I must say I'm a bit disappointed with their customer service for the first time.

I wanted something so simple...I just returned from our cruise a week ago and filed a claim with my independant insurance co. for travel delay. We were stuck an extra day due to an airline strike. The insurance co. requires a copy of our exact itinerary day to day and I no longer have a copy. I discarded it in my cabin trash can the day we left thinking I would no longer need it. All I asked for was a copy of our itinerary to be emailed to me since I can no longer access cruise personalizer. They refused to send me a copy because I booked through an online travel agency and instructed me to get it from them. Ok, I'm going to try but really - I don't see why they just couldn't send it to me...it would've been so easy. I think it's a bit rediculous. I was on hold for 10 minutes while the customer service rep consulted with her supervisor.

Well, I guess I'm just venting - so thanks for listening and if you can give me a clue as to why they would refuse to send it I would appreciate it and maybe it would help with my disppointment.

thanks!

Oh this one is easy. They can't. The contract they have with travel agencies requires them to run everything through the agency you bought from. It has nothing to do with you. In most cases this is to your benefit because with one agent personally handling your account you get a higher level of attention than you might otherwise.

The agency you bought from can email this to you pronto though.

It is a contract issue that Princess has with travel agents - in that all references to the travel go through the agent as they represented you in the sale. You are right, it is trivial in your situation but isn't trivial in other issues such as passengers who want to upgrade, etc...

Were you in Tahiti?

Yes, I was in Tahiti. And I guess I understand the policy better now. By the way my travel agency has already faxed me what I need so I guess it was simpler then I thought it was going to be. Thanks to all who replied!

Yes, I was in Tahiti. And I guess I understand the policy better now. By the way my travel agency has already faxed me what I need so I guess it was simpler then I thought it was going to be. Thanks to all who replied!

Glad it all worked out.

Sure hope your extra day in "paradise" turned out to be great!

Archived