6:30 update what a joke!

CallagDeb

I have to say that Carnival has been great today. I left Atlanta at 10:00 this morning driving to Pt Canaveral from Atlanta. As soon as Carnival made a decision about my cruise on the Fantasy tomorrow they contacted me via my cell phone. I am now in Orlando and have not decided as to cruise or not. If the port takes a direct hit then my car may be underwater when we return on Sunday. I will see how things look tomorrow morning and then let Carnival know if we are going. I know that the cruise lines have to be pulling their hair out with all of these last minute changes.

I feel for you Gordon!:o Please keep us updated on your situation and please be carefull!

THE PORT IS CLOSED when the SOS is supposed to sail ...Jeb Bush said don't come to Florida, Brevard (Cape Canaveral) hotels are evacuated, West Palm evacuated, the Cape is closed Thursday and Friday, schools are closed, airlines are rebooking nonrefundable tickets into FL - Carnivail is offering customers choices - nothing - no update is going to change that. It is official. The Port will not suddenly open, and everything back to normal - not until Frances passes will life resume.

Since RCL cannot complete the contract they have with you to sail on Friday, they will have to offer you a refund or a discount on a future cruise. It will be your option.

It is stupid of them to hold off the announcement but, that will be the final outcome. Anything else and they don't have a leg to stand on.

Cruise News Daily didn't give any additional information about the SOS either except to say that it's departing passengers Thurs. It was mentioned that this weekend cruise turnarounds and the schedule would be announced tomorrow.

Several years ago, Carnival had to bring the Holiday back to NOLA a day early on a Wed because of an impending hurricane. They disembarked the passengers and sent the ship back out to sea. It returned on that Friday and Carnival turned it into a 3 day cruise. I can't help but wonder if RCL is somehow hoping the storm will make a dramatic of enough turn so that it doesn't impact Pt. Canaveral and the port will reopen on Friday and they can return the SOS on Friday. Personally I think they would be dreaming. :eek:

I know.... sounds a little far fetched when looking at the storm projections. it's just strange to me that RCL hasn't announced what they will do with this ship at this point especially since Carnival has announced it's cancelling their 3 day. RCL needs to get on the stick and let people know what they're doing. Either announce cancellation of the cruise or change the port of embarkation so people can make plans accordingly. Considering the closure of PC and that the entire East Coast of Florida could be impacted, to me there aren't any other options left but to cancel.

Based on the Carnival release I saw, the Carnival Fantasy out of Port canaveral was not cancelled. They said it is going and will be on a cruise to nowhere. Passengers can get a full refund or go on the cruise with a $100.00 credit and 50% off a future cruise. I think Carnival is being very fair with this offer and I also agree with everyone that RCCL is slow to report anything.

One interesting note though, Carnival cancelled the Fascination out of Miami. I have not heard that the port of Miami is closing. Anyone have any idea why the Fascination would be cancelled?

when i spoke with rccl earlier i was told all passengers would be contacted with the changes. maybe and i'm saying only maybe that the reason rccl didnt post is so they can contact you with the options you will have.. everything that is posted on their website is only changes that affect people already on a cruise ship.

folks i got news for you .... suck it UP!!!!!! Here is an is an insiders FYI... after 2 pm onthursday NO ONE will be allowed back on the Island (merritt Island) or The beach/cape Only out bound WEST traffic will be allowed They have advised everyone to be prepared to make 528 a one way trip west so I mean really.. yes rccl should prob give a definitive answer but do you really need it...NO one is going to be getting to the port on friday...... I would not get on a plane or drive here for anything... HEck I am trying to get the H out of dodge but still have to try to pack clothes pictures etc... since the storm surge here will prob leave my house underwater.. so CHEERS to all and havea great weekend!!!! sorry i am a little crabby right now its midnight and i have only a few more hours to try to stuff as much stuff /pictures as can into my dishwasher and washing machine in hopes that maybe i will have somethign when i come back...

Based on the Carnival release I saw, the Carnival Fantasy out of Port canaveral was not cancelled. They said it is going and will be on a cruise to nowhere. Passengers can get a full refund or go on the cruise with a $100.00 credit and 50% off a future cruise. I think Carnival is being very fair with this offer and I also agree with everyone that RCCL is slow to report anything.

One interesting note though, Carnival cancelled the Fascination out of Miami. I have not heard that the port of Miami is closing. Anyone have any idea why the Fascination would be cancelled?

Sorry got my ports mixed up. CND said that the Port of Miami was closing sometime this morning (Thurs) . The exact time would be determined by the Coast Guard as conditions indiciate. Right now estimated to be 8:00 a.m.

Archived