Ben and Jerry's "Sweet"

TigerLady

My DH and I just returned from the Beautiful Liberty of the Seas. Imagine our surprise when we arrived at our stateroom, only to be greeted with COWS!! I am posting to answer ANY questions concerning it. I will give you the good and bad points about the room. As always, have a great day.

My DH and I just returned from the Beautiful Liberty of the Seas. Imagine our surprise when we arrived at our stateroom, only to be greeted with COWS!! I am posting to answer ANY questions concerning it. I will give you the good and bad points about the room. As always, have a great day.

You mean you didn't pick the "Sweet Suite"!! we are leaving Sat and I tried to get that cabin, no luck!! My hubby loves B&J and would have thought he was in heaven, to get the free ice cream!!

alrighty then ;) Here's my question -

In your opinion, what are the good and bad points about this "sweet"? :D

For catnt2; no we didn't purposely book that room. We asked for a Promenade room. Ben and Jerry's is what we were given.

For Maryz; First of all the cows are everywhere. From stuffed ones on your bed to the pillows on the sofa, complete with cow spot throws (for those "chilly" evenings. There are figurines and pictures of cows throughout the room. If you like cows that's great. With the room you do get a few extra perks. First of all, the free ice cream. You get a free ice cream product a day, for each person in the room. You have robes hanging in the use for your use during the cruise, and slippers for you to keep. You have a concierge Lounge key. That is normally just for RCCL Diamond and above members. Can't quite remember the hours, but Mornings and Evenings, you can go in and get continental breakfast and drinks in the evening with snacks. The key also gives you entry to the Ice Show. No waiting in line for tickets.. Just be sure to get there for a good seat, as it is not to be missed. We also received some snacks in our room, some crackers and cheese and a sweets platter. The down sides are you can't really see the parades fully because yo have to look around the cow figures right outside your window. Ben and Jerry's is directly below you. You can hear them slamming the doors when they open up EARLY in the morning, and LATE at night. Add to that the fact the service entrance for luggage and maintenance is to the right of the room. You hear VERY LOUDLY when the entrance is used, and on the last night, we didn't get any sleep because of all the noise transferring luggage to the lower floors. Were the extra perks nice, yes. Would we book this room specifically? NO...

If anyone else has questions, bring them on. I hope I have answered some. ...

I would have liked the key to check out the consierge lounge and the suite perks they give you just to see how I liked them since Im not diamond yet and never booked a suite.

Sounds like you were only so so about the cabin, sorry you got it by accident if you didnt really enjoy it.

Can you post the cabin # so those of us who would like it could book it?

I would have liked the key to check out the consierge lounge and the suite perks they give you just to see how I liked them since Im not diamond yet and never booked a suite.

Sounds like you were only so so about the cabin, sorry you got it by accident if you didnt really enjoy it.

Can you post the cabin # so those of us who would like it could book it?

Don't get me wrong, the promenade rooms are great, we had booked for the view, and got ice cream instead. We ended up having an ice cream party with some friends, because we couldn't eat all the ice cream..

On the Liberty of the Seas, it's room 6305. Adrian works at the cream cream counter. Ricardo or as he refers to himself "the Ricardo" in the Concierge on the 10th lounge, Clifton is the bartender. ALL great people. If you do sail on her anytime soon, please tell Samia and Ketchura at the Guest Service desk, Robyn Tindall says hello.. Hope all that want this room get it and enjoy the ice cream...

Don't get me wrong, the promenade rooms are great, we had booked for the view, and got ice cream instead. We ended up having an ice cream party with some friends, because we couldn't eat all the ice cream..

On the Liberty of the Seas, it's room 6305. Adrian works at the cream cream counter. Ricardo or as he refers to himself "the Ricardo" in the Concierge on the 10th lounge, Clifton is the bartender. ALL great people. If you do sail on her anytime soon, please tell Samia and Ketchura at the Guest Service desk, Robyn Tindall says hello.. Hope all that want this room get it and enjoy the ice cream...

I would have ADORED this "Sweet". I crave ice cream and I'm lactose intolerant :eek: :D :eek: . Needless to say, my DH suffers!! :p Sorry Honey!

Check out my name? Vermonter! I grew up with Ben & Jerry...well, not literally but down the road from them when they were first starting out. I still have an original coupon that they drew when they used to give them out at the library in town if you read a certain amount of books....oh - that room would have been soooooo cool!!!! Ice cream......we LOVE ice cream!!!!

Thanks for answering :) I definitely would not want to be in that room. I'm not a cow fan, nor would I be eating ice cream all the time. I actually think it would ruin the cruise for me to be in a room stuffed with cows. The noise from the luggage stairwell would drive me crazy too.

I do think it sounds fun to have a promenade room tho. If only I could have one that had a window to look at the promenade and a balcony to look at the ocean :D Can't be on a ship without a balcony.

Tiger Lady, any pictures of the cow room you could post?

Pictures are posted here in this thread (from Freedom not Liberty)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=338882

And to the OP - that's so strange that the cabin wasn't booked and you didn't know you were getting it. :eek: So many people try for that cabin and don't get it.

LOL, I just looked at those pictures in the thread you posted Michele. That would be horrifying...all those cows...lol

I couldn't imagine not knowing that this cabin looked like that and getting it.

Although the butts in the window are pretty funny :D

I never knew about this room, but now that I have, no thank-you. All the ice cream in the world couldn't make up for a bad night's sleep. I cannot sleep to noise.:(

Its not just the free ice cream, you also get suite perks, thats what the OP meant about getting gifts in the cabin and slippers to keep etc. plus the key to the concierge lounge. Id do it for the suite perks, not the ice cream. The Concierge will also book special things for you and as the OP mentioned you get VIP on tenders and to the ice skating show.

Can someone post the pics on this thread directly? I tried the links that Michele gave but it says I cannot view the album or something like that :(

On the thread I posted, just scroll down a little. Someone did post pictures directly to that post. Closer to the bottom of the thread. :)

If you don't like the cows and just want to take advantage of the "perks" why not put the cows in the closet and enjoy the perks???

Perfect! Stumble into the cabin late at night' date=' open the closet door and be attacked by a bunch of ceramic cows and cow rugs. Talking about needing therapy after the cruise....................... no thanks.[/color']

Aubie

Someone asked about this today

Archived