Royal Cocktail Card????

The other day I was cruising the boards and I read something on a Royal Cocktail card. From what I read it was like the soda card only it worked for adult beverages. It wasn't unlimited but I think for a flat fee you get 12 drinks or so. I believe they said it saves you about $1.25/drink. I can't remember where I was reading it. Does anyone have any information on such a card? Was I dreaming?? Was I drunk?(NO!) Do all the ships offer it? We will be on the Mariner in December. Thanks!

The other day I was cruising the boards and I read something on a Royal Cocktail card. From what I read it was like the soda card only it worked for adult beverages. It wasn't unlimited but I think for a flat fee you get 12 drinks or so. I believe they said it saves you about $1.25/drink. I can't remember where I was reading it. Does anyone have any information on such a card? Was I dreaming?? Was I drunk?(NO!) Do all the ships offer it? We will be on the Mariner in December. Thanks!

Looooooooooooooong gone.

I loved them too...but now with the CL I'm happy...I don't need that much to drink. But it would be nice to have them back for those that liked them...I remember they did save me money...and actually got me to buy more drinks than I would have normally.

Apparently, providing a bargain for cruisers is not the current RC game plan.

Maximizing revenue/profits is.

:D

The interesting thing is that the cards actually improve productivity (of the bartenders).

Without cocktail card: take someone's Seapass card, walk to the register to ring it up, get the paper receipt, pen and those nice RCI folders for the customer to sign, and then take back the signed copy for accounting purposes.

With the cocktail card: punch the drink space and move on to the next mark.

Just think of how much more they could pour, (and we could drink) if they brought those back!!

On the CC home page there is a review of the Brilliance that mentions the drink cards and onion rings at the Seaview Cafe. That review must be many years old because neither one is available anymore. The drink cards aren't available anywhere, and the Seaview on the Brilliance changed to a menu featuring pizzas and panini sandwiches a few years ago.

I'm sure this fell into the same pitfall as the "buy a cup for $5-$10 and then buy $.05 drafts all night"...

Land based bars (in most states) stopped doing promotions like this because in court it left them more liable if someone got too drunk and did something stupid, and then sued...or they hit someone with their car and the injured person sued.

The rational was that the cheap liquor caused people to drink more then they normally would.

Not saying I think its right (I believe if you get drunk and do something stupid, you are the only one to blame) just trying to share some insight on why I think it's this way.

On the CC home page there is a review of the Brilliance that mentions the drink cards and onion rings at the Seaview Cafe. That review must be many years old because neither one is available anymore. The drink cards aren't available anywhere, and the Seaview on the Brilliance changed to a menu featuring pizzas and panini sandwiches a few years ago.

I saw that as well, links from the homepage, should really be to new reviews/articles, not to something years old:mad:

I saw that as well, links from the homepage, should really be to new reviews/articles, not to something years old:mad:

I know...I was all giddy at the idea of a cocktail card. Only to have my hopes and dreams of making my kidneys work double time for a week dashed. Shame on RCCL. I am going to write to president of RCCL!!:D A week with two teenage girls on a cruise ship!!! Not drunk;) !! No way!!;)

I think we all need to email and ask them to please either update and correct that review or at the very least remove it from the front page. That one in particular has some of the most out of date info I've seen on CC.

I didn't know about the old cocktail card system, but on my last cruise I did specify on the survey that they should come up with some sort of drink plan. I pitched it being a fixed per-day price similar to the soft drink plan that nets you something like 2 beer/wine drinks or one mixed drink per day.

I would be happy with a flat rate. They should give you the option option of purchasing a drink package or not when you book the room. An all-inclusive package if you will. They would probably charge a couple hundred just to make sure they made money off of you. I still think people would buy it.

I think they still have the Champagne Card that can be used to buy drinks at the Champagne Bar. We bought it on our last cruise in September 06.

Does anyone know if that is still around?

In May the Champagne Card was available on the Explorer.

Archived