Infinity to Alaska April 2008

cruzadict

We are thinking of booking the Infinity from San Francisco to Vancouver next April/May. Has anyone recently been on Infinity and if so what condition is it in? Has she recently been into dry dock. Also what sort of sea conditions can we expect at this time of year. Thanks Marilyn

I have a review posted for the Infinity to Alaska last month. I think it will answer many of your questions. There are a couple others posted there too.

Generally, the choppier water is when you are in the Pacific. While cruising among the islands and between the islands and the mainland -- our experience was that this sheltered water is pretty calm.

We were on Infinity last August 2006. The inside passage was very calm and never very much movement. Infinity has been known to have some issues with its pod, and on our specific cruise we could feel the shimmer a bit in the aft, especially coming back through the inside passage - some of those turns are pretty sharp for a big boat in a narrow passage in areas - very cool :)

The ship itself was in very good condition I thought. We had an aft cabin overlooking the back of the ship. We thought we had died and gone to heaven in this cabin and enjoye our views immensely - rain and all. August tends to be a bit wetter than earlier in the season, although there are never any guarantees when you go up to Alaska. We were covered by our balcony - which had two chairs and two loungers, a table and side table. Kept the balcony door open in the evenings.

Alaska is not the Caribbean so go prepared and you will have a wonderful trip.

We did a San Francisco 2 week Round Trip on Infinity in 2006 as far north as Hubbard. I believe the date was early May. We had some high seas as soon as we got out of the Gate for the first day but the waters became calmer as the cruise went on. Much of the cruise the seas were almost mirror smooth.

Thank you all for your replies, I think you have convinced me to book it today. We have the option of just one C/C class aft cabin available so I need to be quick. Just concerned about the pod vibration. Has this now been sorted. If I cannot get this cabin am I better booking port or starboard? We are leaving San Francisco and finishing in Vancouver.

Thank you all for your replies, I think you have convinced me to book it today. We have the option of just one C/C class aft cabin available so I need to be quick. Just concerned about the pod vibration. Has this now been sorted. If I cannot get this cabin am I better booking port or starboard? We are leaving San Francisco and finishing in Vancouver.

Although you could feel a vibration, I didn't find it bothered me at all. The ship went into dry dock following the cruise after ours so it was probably worse than normal but certainly not unbearable and didnt' detract from the cruise experience. Our cabin was right in the middle of the two pods on the 8th deck (8172).

We had aft cabin 7208 last year during POD issues and we didn't feel any vibration at all. If you have the chance to get an AFT cabin do not wait!!!! Grab it and remember to tell your TA or X Agent to mark your reservation "do not upgrade". Nothing beats an Aft cabin in my opinion (OK, maybe the Penthouse will do!)

Archived